e-grantz Scholarship 2021: A unique initiative undertaken by the government of Kerala is the E-Grantz scholarships. It was incepted by the Department of SC, ST development in Kerala. This is a one-of-its-kind educational schemes implementation program undertaken by the Kerala government. Students can register a one-time on the official portal. With just a one-time registration, they can apply for various suitable schemes throughout their education. Also, colleges can use this platform to enter students’ requests for scholarships themselves. The payout of the scholarship amount is through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). This article gives detail information about e-grantz Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, steps to check application status, amount and benefits of the E-Grantz 3.0 scholarship.
e-grantz Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||The State Government of Kerala|
|Scholarship Name||e-grantz Scholarship|
|Application Mode||Online / Akshaya e-centers|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
|Toll-Free No.||0471-2737252 / 0471 – 2737251|
Any candidate who has sought admission into a course of his choice should apply for the e-grantz scholarship within one week of admission. Applications must be sent in the ONLINE mode, together with providing a hard copy of the same to the respective educational institute.
e-grantz Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The most important aspects detaining the eligibility criteria for these scholarships are:
- Academic Qualification
- Domicile of candidate
- Category to which candidate belongs to
- Annual family income of the candidate
Based on these parameters, the list of eligibility conditions is defined against each scholarship. Candidates who fulfill these conditions can apply for the various schemes offered. The detailed list of eligibility criteria are listed below:
|Domicile of candidate|
|Category to which candidate belongs to|
|Annual family income of the candidate|
e-grantz Scholarship Application Process
There are two modes of submitting applications for students. The most popular mode of application submission is through online mode. The other method is through the aid of Akshaya e-centers available across the state. It is a facilitation center helping students free of cost. Candidates sending applications should first send it in the online mode. Following the online submission, a hard copy print of the application, together with necessary documents needs to be submitted to the respective educational institution. This submission has to be made within a week compulsorily. The 4 stage application process is explained here in detail:
1. One time Registration
- Candidates can visit the online E-Grantz 3.0 portal – www.egrantz.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the one-time registration tab.
- Read the instructions provided on the left side panel of the portal before proceeding.
- Enter Aadhaar number and name of student.
- Click on the button to validate the Aadhaar number.
- After Aadhaar number verification, enter basic registration details.
- Click on the register button.
2. Student Login
- After successful registration, candidates shall use registered e-mail id and password henceforth.
- Log into the user dashboard using registered credentials.
3. Complete the Profile
- Go to the applicant’s profile section.
- Enter details in these five sections – basic details, other required details, bank details, educational institution details, and document upload details.
4. Apply for the Scholarship
- This is the last step of the application process.
- Click on “apply for scholarships – post-matric”.
- A list of eligible scholarships pertaining to the student shall appear.
- Select the appropriate scholarship from the list.
- Begin scholarship application form filling.
- Enter all the details correctly.
- Upload relevant documents in the correct format.
- Submit the application.
Take a print copy of the submitted application. Attach hard copies of all submitted documents. Submit the same at the educational institution within one week of online application submission.
Documents Required for e-grantz Scholarship
All documents that are processed and scanned to the uploaded should be kept ready beforehand. Once the documents are in place, the application process may begin. The list of documents is listed below:
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Caste/ Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Mark sheets of last qualifying exam
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Disability certificate [ if any]
- ID proof of a candidate
- Bank passbook – the first page indicating all relevant bank details.
- Bonafide certificate from educational institution etc.
e-grantz Application Status
Candidates need to study the complete guidelines before proceeding to make an application. To track application submitted plus the current status, candidates need to follow the steps indicated below:
- Visit the official E-Grantz 3.0 portal
- Enter Aadhaar number and date of birth
- Click on the tab named ‘ track application.’
- The current status of your submitted application shall appear on the screen. This also includes details like application number, scheme chosen, student name, location of application, application submission date, the status of the application, etc. amongst other information.
e-grantz Scholarship – Rewards
The distribution of reward and benefits is done according to the category of the candidate. Details in this regard are presented below:
|Category of Student||Rewards Offered|
|SC and OECs|
e-grantz Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. I am a student pursuing my degree course under management quota. Can I apply for the E-Grantz scholarship?
Answer: No. This scholarship is only meant for candidates who have secured seats through merit or reservation.
2. In what format should students enter their names in the registration form?
Answer: Candidates should enter their names in the registration forms, as in the Aadhaar card.
3. In what time interval are the scholarships disbursed?
Answer: The scholarship fee is disbursed annually. It is paid to the institution’s official account.
4. How many students are benefited from these schemes on the E-Grantz 3.0 portal?
Answer: More than 3 lakh students studying in more than 3400 educational institutions are benefited from these schemes.
5. What is the attendance record to be maintained by each student applying for this scholarship?
Answer: Minimum 75% attendance at the end of each month is compulsory for applying to these scholarships.
For any further queries that candidates may have regarding E-Grantz scholarship, feel free to contact the concerned personnel on the below provided details:
Address: Museum-Nandavanam road, Nandavanam, Vikasbhavan P O, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
Contact numbers: 0471-2737252 / 0471 – 2737251 / 1800 425 2312 [toll- free number]
Email id: [email protected]