e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship: The e-Kalyan scholarship is an online portal and an initiative taken up by the government of Jharkhand to help meritorious students to avail government aids and grants to fulfil their education dreams and complete studies without the hindrance of financial blockages their way. This scholarship is mainly offered by the department working for the welfare of the SC/ST/Backward classes and minority communities. The main aim of disbursing scholarships to meritorious students is to enhance such schemes to deserving students and to bring in a fair and service-oriented system that is free of loopholes and pitfalls in the bureaucratic system. In this article, we provide detail information about e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship 2020 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, renewal process, rewards, application status, and the complete list of scholarships.
e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship 2020
- 1 e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship 2020
- 2 e-Kalyan Jharkhand – List of Scholarships
- 3 e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship Eligibility
- 4 e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship Application Process
- 5 e-Kalyan Jharkhand – Key Documents Required
- 6 e-Kalyan Jharkhand – Application Status
- 7 e-Kalyan Jharkhand Rewards
|Provided by||Government of Jharkhand|
|Eligible Standard||Only SC/ST/BC students can apply|
|Contact Helpdesk No’s||040-23120591,040-23120592,040-23120593|
e-Kalyan Jharkhand – List of Scholarships
Scholarships are offered at both Pre-Matric and Post-Matric levels. Post-Matric scholarships are provided to students for pursuing courses within the state and outside the state as well. The lists of these scholarships along with the time period at which they are generally offered are enlisted below for reference:
|Scholarship Name||Application Period|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for ST students (both within and outside the state)||July – December|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC students (both within and outside the state)||July – December|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for BC students (both within and outside the state)||July – December|
e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship Eligibility
All candidates logging into the official e-Kalyan portal to complete the application form should first read the complete instructions about eligibility criteria and try to know the various conditions that candidates need to fulfill. The various criteria that candidates need to fulfill are listed below:
- Candidates whose permanent residence is Jharkhand/ those who belong to domicile Jharkhand only need to apply.
- Only SC/ST/BC students can apply.
- Candidates should be pursuing courses only at educational institutions that are recognized by the Jharkhand state government.
- The annual family income of SC/ST students should be less than 2.5 lakhs.
- The annual income of BC students should be less than 1.5 lakhs.
e-Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship Application Process
The application process for all three types of scholarships under the e-Kalyan Jharkhand scheme is common. The detailed application process for filling in the application form and submitting the same to the authorities is given step-wise in this section: The application process is a four step process:
- Student Registration
- Login Process
- Application Form Filling
- Form Submission
1. Student Registration
- Visit the official website of e-Kalyan Jharkhand. [ekalyan.cgg.gov.in]
- Enter the ‘Student Registration’ section.
- Click on the ‘New registration/sign up’ option.
- On the following page, enter basic and elementary information about the student.
- This completes the registration part.
2. Login Process
- This is the section following the registration part.
- Once your login details are entered in the previous part, click on the ‘Student Login’ tab.
- Candidates can enter the next section of the portal using login/password/registered e-mail id and mobile number.
3. Application Form Filling
- After successfully entering the portal by entering your valid login details, click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab and start the form filling process.
- First of all, select the application that suits your credentials and requirements.
- Enter all compulsory and mandatory information in the form like candidate personal details, academic details, contact information, etc.
- All documents that support your application should be uploaded, too (according to the specification provided).
- Cross check and verify all details before submission.
- Click on the submit button to formally submit the application.
4. Form Submission
- Take a hard copy print out of the submitted application form.
- This copy needs to be uploaded again into the ‘Upload documents Online’ section without fail.
e-Kalyan Jharkhand – Key Documents Required
Every document needs supporting documents to validate the details of the candidate. Without proper verification and data matching with the documents, the candidates’ applications shall not be processed any further. The list of documents to be submitted (uploaded ONLINE) for verification is:
- Student Signature
- Student photograph
- Fee Receipt form the educational institution
- Bonafide certificate from the educational institution
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Mark sheets of last passed exam
- Domicile certificate
- Bank passbook
- Aadhaar card
All these documents have to be scanned and uploaded in the portal, size of all documents to be less than 150 KB.
e-Kalyan Jharkhand – Application Status
Candidates who successfully submit the application form on the official portal need to check their status periodically by following the steps below:
- Visit the official e-Kalyan website.
- Enter the ‘Student Login’ section and provide valid login details.
- Check in to the dashboard.
- Click on the scholarship application that you have submitted.
- Select the application form submitted and click on ‘Check Application Status.’
- The status of the submitted application form shall be displayed.
e-Kalyan Jharkhand Rewards
The various rewards of this scholarship are enlisted below:
- Full academic fee waiver (Course fee plus exams) – at respective colleges.
- Full tuition fee and exam fee waiver at university.
- Full fee waiver at a government recognized institute (study center).
e-Kalyan Jharkhand 2020 – FAQ’s
1. Can a candidate apply for this scholarship without having a domicile certificate?
Answer: NO. Only candidates whose domicile is Jharkhand can apply for this scholarship. Hence domicile certificate is mandatory to apply for this scholarship.
2. What is the upper-income limit of parents for candidates to be eligible to apply?
Answer: The annual income of the family must be less than 2.5 lakhs for SC/ST students and below 1.5 lakhs for backward class students.
3. Supposing a student is a resident of Jharkhand but currently studying outside, can he apply for this scholarship?
Answer: Yes, scholarships are provided for outside the state studies as well.
4. Can an interstate candidate studying in Jharkhand apply for the scholarship?
Answer: No, students who are residing permanently in Jharkhand can apply only.
5. If a candidate entered the wrong details in the application form, can he choose to change it later?
Answer: Yes, go to the application form EDIT section and make relevant changes.
6. Are there any fees to be paid while applying for the scholarship?
Answer: No, candidates can apply free of cost for this scholarship.
Contact Numbers: 040-23120591/040-23120592/040-23120593
E-mail: [email protected]