Engineering Entrance Exams 2021: Engineering career options are in high demand amongst students after their class 12th. This career path has always been in high demand. Admission into engineering colleges depends on the scores attained by students in various entrance examinations. Engineering offers steady career growth and has immense opportunities in the job space for qualified engineers. Skilled engineers are always in demand, and the market waits to recruit the best engineers year after year. Various branches of engineering like IT and Computer Science, Civil, Mechanical, Automobiles, Electronics and Telecommunications etc. have always attracted students to take them to a bright future. This article provides complete details about national and state-level engineering entrance examinations.
National Level Entrance Exams
This section provides complete details about engineering entrance exams conducted at the All-India level to select meritorious students:
JEE Main 2021 – The JEE [Joint Entrance Examination] Mains is a national level exam conducted by the NTA [National Testing Agency]. The exam is a screening test to select students for admission to undergraduate engineering/ architecture programs at various NITs/ CFIT’s and other institutions. The JEE Main 2021 also acts as an eligibility test for JEE Advanced exam which offers admissions for IITs and ISM.
JEE Advanced 2021 – One of the seven zonal coordinating IITs conduct the JEE Advanced exam on behalf of JAB or Joint Admission board. It is a national level entrance exam which offers admissions for UG, Integrated PG and UG-PG dual degree programs in engineering/architecture/ pure sciences and pharmaceuticals. Candidates who clear JEE Mains can attempt the JEE Advanced exam.
GATE 2021 – The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE is a national level engineering entrance exam conducted rotationally by the IITs and IISC. The seven IITs organise GATE on a rotational basis too. Candidates seeking admission in postgraduate engineering/technology/ architecture/ science courses in top establishments of the country should attempt GATE exam.
IIT JAM 2021 – IIT JAM or the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc programs is a national level entrance test conducted on a rotational basis by the IISC and the seven IITs. Candidates who succeed in IIT JAM can secure admission in M.Sc, Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-M.Tech, M.Sc-PhD dual degrees and other courses.
ICAR AIEEA 2021 – ICAR AIEEA is an entrance exam organised by the NTA or National Testing Agency for offering admissions into engineering, agriculture and other programs. It is conducted once in a year. Admissions are offered in both bachelor and master degree programs at various agricultural universities.
BITSAT 2021 – Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani organizes a university level entrance exam called the BITSAT [Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences Admission Test]. Successful candidates can seek admission into first year UG engineering programs/ pharmacy and science courses [B. Pharma and M.Sc]. BITS and its campuses offer these programs.
LPU NEST 2021– Lovely Professional University national eligibility and scholarship test is a university level entrance exam that selects students for engineering/ law/ management/ agriculture and other programs at its campus.
SRMJEEE 2021 – SRM Joint Engineering Entrance examination is a university level exam organised by SRM University for offering admissions into UG and PG engineering courses at various SRM campuses located at Kattankulathur/ Ramapuram/Chennai and Haryana.
UPESEAT 2021 – University of Petroleum and Energy studies engineering Aptitude Test is a university level exam conducted by UPES, Dehradun. It offers admissions for B.Tech in 37 streams and unique programs like B.Tech+LLB (Hons.) courses.
VITEEE 2021 – The VIT Engineering entrance exam is a university level entrance exam organised by Vellore Institute of Technology. Through this exam, candidates can seek admission into B.Tech programs at VIT, Vellore and Chennai campuses.
VITMEE 2021 – Vellore Institute of Technology’s master’s entrance examination is a university-level exam offering admissions into various PG courses like M.Tech, MCA etc. Exam is conducted in the online CBT mode, and successful candidates can avail admission at VIT campuses in Vellore and Chennai.
PESSAT 2021 – The PES Scholastic Aptitude Test is organised by PES University. It’s a university level entrance exam, and candidates can secure admissions into various UG and PG courses. The exam is conducted in two separate schedules, one for engineering and secondly for other courses.
MU OET 2021 – The Manipal University, online entrance test, is university level exam conducted for screening candidates to offer admissions for UG/PG courses in engineering, medical, management and pharmacy disciplines. Exam is conducted in the online CBT mode.
BVP CET 2021 – The Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, common entrance test, is conducted by BVP deemed university for offering admissions into bachelors and masters programmes in various disciplines like engineering, management, law, pharmacy and related disciplines.
SAAT 2021- Shiksha ‘O’ Anusandhaan university admission test conducts national level entrance exam for offering admissions into UG/PG courses for engineering, management and other fields.
SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) 2021 – The Symbiosis International University conducts SET or Symbiosis Entrance Test which is a university-level exam to offer UG admissions for Symbiosis constituent institutions. Candidates can pursue courses in engineering, law, management and nursing through SET.
KIITEE 2021 – The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam is conducted by Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology for offering admissions in various UG/PG courses in disciplines of engineering/ law/ management etc.
AEEE 2021 – The Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination is a university level entrance exam conducted by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham for offering B.Tech admissions at its Amritapuri/Bengaluru and Ettimadai campuses.
IISER Admission 2021– Indian Institute of Science Education and Research conducts the IISER aptitude test for offering admissions to Integrated BS-MS dual degrees at 6 IISER campuses across India. Admissions are also based on KVPY and JEE advanced scores.
ISI Admission 2021 – Indian Statistical Institute conducts a national level entrance exam called ISI entrance exam for selecting students for various UG/PG/Diploma/certificate and doctoral degree courses. Admissions are offered in streams of statistics/mathematics/quantitative economics/computer science/ quality and reliability and operation research programs.
NIFT 2021 – The National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai conducts a university level entrance exam for offering admissions to UG/PG courses in the design field. Exam shall be held in the offline paper and pen-based mode.
IISC 2021 – The Indian Institute of Science offers leading education in technological research and advanced scientific fields. Through its entrance exam, IISC offers admissions into UG/PG courses based on a national-level ranking system. JEE advanced scores, KVPY and NEET marks are also accepted for admissions.
IIST Admission 2021 – The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology offers UG/PG admissions for various fields. For B.Tech courses rank obtained in JEE Mains and JEE Advanced exams are considered.
CUCET 2021 – The Central Universities Common Entrance Test is an All India exam conducted jointly by ten central universities. Candidates can secure admissions into UG/PG and other related fields.
CUSAT 2021 – The Cochin University of science and technology organizes CAT [Common Admission Test], LET [Lateral Entry Test] and DAT [Departmental Admission Test] for offering UG/PG admissions in various disciplines.
Pondicherry University 2021 – The Pondicherry Central University conducts university level Pondicherry university entrance examination for offering admissions in diploma/ degree courses in engineering/ management/ science disciplines.
AMU 2021 – The Aligarh Muslim University conducts university level entrance exam for offering degree/diploma admissions for various courses in engineering/ management/ law and other fields. For various courses, applications shall be released on different dates.
IPU CET 2021 – IPU Common Entrance Test is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for offering admissions in engineering/ medical and other courses. Applications shall be released in the online mode.
JNU Admission 2021 – The Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination is a university level exam conducted by JNU, Delhi for offering admissions into various UG/PG courses.
Delhi University Admission 2021 – The University of Delhi offers admissions to various programs. For B. Tech courses, admissions are offered on the basis of JEE Main scores. For B.Tech in IT and Mathematical Innovations the university conducts an entrance exam.
Uttaranchal University Admission 2021 – The Uttaranchal University entrance exam is a university level exam for offering UG/PG admissions into various courses in engineering/ management and law at Uttaranchal University. Candidates from all over India can apply for B.Tech courses only.
CIPET JEE 2021 – The Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology conducts Joint Entrance exam for admissions into PGD-PPT/PGD-PTQM/DPMT and other courses offered by CIPET. The university offers UG and PG degree courses like BB/B.Tech/ME/MTech and M.Sc admissions in its affiliated campuses.
IMU CET 2021 – The Indian Maritime University conducts Common entrance test for offering UG/PG admissions into engineering/ management/ law etc. at IMU campus and its affiliated institutions.
NMIMS NPAT 2021 – NMIMS conducts university level entrance exam called NMIMS Programs after Twelfth for offering admissions into various UG and dual degree programs offered by the university.
Lucknow University Admission 2021– Lucknow University offers admissions into UG/PG courses for B.Tech/BBA/B.Com/MBA on the basis of UPSEE scores.
State Level Entrance Exams
- AP EAMCET 2021 – Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance test organised by JNTUK, Kakinada. It provides admissions for UG engineering/ pharmacy and agricultural programs.
- AP Polycet 2021 – the Andhra Pradesh State Board of Technical education and training organizes the state level AP POLYCET examination for offering admissions in engineering and non-engineering diploma streams. Candidates are selected for various polytechnic institutions across AP state.
- AP PGECET 2021 – Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance exam conducted by JNTUK, Kakinada. Candidates can seek admissions for PG courses in engineering/ pharmacy and technology disciplines through this exam.
- AP ECET 2021 – Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantpur. It provides admissions for second year BE/B.Tech courses. Diploma holders and B.Sc mathematics degree holders can attempt the exam.
- Assam CEE 2021 – Assam Combined Entrance Examination is a state level exam conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Assam for offering 4 year engineering admissions in the state.
- Assam Polytechnic PAT 2021 – Assam Polytechnic exam offers admissions for various polytechnic courses across different colleges of Assam. The directorate of technical education, Assam conducts this state level entrance exam.
- BCECE 2021 – The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination is a state level exam for offering admissions into pharmacy/ agriculture and other courses at various Bihar institutions. Candidates can obtain engineering and medical admissions based on JEE Mains and NEET exam scores.
- Bihar Polytechnic 2021 – The Diploma certificate entrance competitive exam of Bihar polytechnic is a state level exam conducted by BCECE board for offering polytechnic admissions at various institutions of Bihar state.
- CG PPT 2021 – The Chhattisgarh professional exam board conducts Chhattisgarh Pre Polytechnic test or CG PPT, which is a state level entrance exam for offering admissions in engineering and technology diploma courses.
- CG PET 2021 – Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test offers UG admissions for UG engineering courses offered by different colleges/ institutions of Chhattisgarh. It is conducted by the Chhattisgarh professional examination board.
- CET Delhi 2021 – Delhi Polytechnic is a state level examination conducted by Department of Training and Technical Education, Delhi. This exam offers admissions in diploma programs in both engineering and non-engineering streams. Candidates can also seek admissions into the second year of diploma engineering at various Delhi institutions.
- GCET 2021– The Goa common entrance test is a state level exam held for admissions in professional degree courses in engineering/pharmacy and architecture streams. It is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Goa.
- Haryana DET 2021 – Haryana State Technical Educational or HSTES conducts a state level exam for offering admissions in various diploma courses in engineering and pharmacy courses. Admission depends on the inter-se-merit of the qualifying exam.
- HP PAT 2021 – Himachal Pradesh Technical education board, Dharamshala conducts Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test, a state level entrance exam for offering polytechnic admissions at various Himachal Pradesh institutions.
- Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 – Polytechnic entrance competitive examination or Jharkhand Polytechnic is a state level entrance test conducted by Jharkhand combined entrance competitive examination board for offering admissions for engineering and non-engineering polytechnic courses.
Jammu and Kashmir
- JKCET 2021 – Jammu and Kashmir common entrance test conducts the Jammu and Kashmir Board of professional entrance examinations for offering engineering and architecture admissions in the state.
- KEAM 2021– The commissioner of entrance exam, Kerala conducts Kerala engineering, agriculture and medical entrance exam for offering admissions in professional degree courses in engineering. Exam shall be held in the offline mode.
- Kerala Polytechnic 2021 – The Department of Technical Education, Kerala organises Kerala Polytechnic admissions for various polytechnic courses in Kerala state. Candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam.
- KCET 2021 – Karnataka common entrance test is a state level entrance exam organised by KEA or Karnataka Examinations Authority for offering full-time admissions for engineering, pharmacy, architecture etc. It is also popularly known as CET [K CET/Kar CET].
- COMEDK UGET 2021– The consortium of Medical, engineering and dental colleges of Karnataka conduct COMEDK UGET for offering admissions in undergraduate engineering and architecture courses.
- Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2021 – The Karnataka Examination Authority on behalf of Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka conducts Karnataka Polytechnic admission procedures. It offers admissions for various polytechnic courses based on the marks obtained by students in their class 10th.
- Karnataka PGCET 2021– Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test, conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority holds the state level exam for offering admissions into full time and part-time M.Tech and other courses.
- MH CET 2021 – MH CET is a state level entrance exam for offering admissions in engineering/ technology and pharmacy courses in various government and private institutions of Maharashtra state. Exam is conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, the government of Maharashtra.
- MP PPT 2021 – Madhya Pradesh professional examination board conducts Madhya Pradesh Pre polytechnic test in June. It’s a state level entrance exam offering admissions in diploma courses across polytechnic institutions of MP state.
- MP PAT 2021- The Madhya Pradesh professional examination board conducts MP Pre-agriculture test which is a state level exam for offering admissions into B.Tech [agriculture], B.Sc [Agriculture/ forestry/ horticulture] programs.
- Odisha DET 2021 – The Directorate of Technical Education and Training, Odisha conducts state level admission procedure through Odisha DET. It offers admissions for first or second year engineering and non-engineering diploma courses. Admission is based on marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
- OJEE 2021 – Odisha Joint Entrance Examination is a state level entrance test offering admissions into engineering and management courses. Exam also offers lateral entry admissions for engineering/ management/ pharmacy and MCA courses.
- CENTAC 2021 – The central admission committee or CENTAC, Puducherry conducts UG admissions for engineering/ agriculture/ pharmacy and other courses. Admissions are based on qualifying marks obtained in the entrance exam. CENTAC offers professional degree seats under the purview of UT of Puducherry.
- Punjab JET 2021 – Punjab JET is conducted by Punjab state board of technical education and industrial training. It offers admission for diploma courses in various polytechnic colleges of Punjab state. Admissions are based on class 10th marks; no separate entrance exams are conducted.
- PTU Exam 2021– The Punjab technical university offers B.Tech admissions based on JEE mains scores. Centralised counselling is adopted for admission purposes. Candidates can also seek lateral entry in B.Tech programs and admissions for other UG/PG courses.
- Rajasthan Polytechnic 2021 – The directorate of technical education, Rajasthan conducts admissions for Rajasthan polytechnic colleges. Based on marks obtained in high school, candidates can obtain admission in various engineering and non-engineering diploma courses.
- REAP 2021– Rajasthan engineering admission procedure is controlled by the board of technical education, Rajasthan. It offers UG admissions for BE/B.Tech courses in various government-aided and private unaided technical institutions of the state. Admissions are offered on the basis of JEE Mains scores or class 12th scores, and no separate exam is conducted in this regard.
- JET Agriculture 2021 – Rajasthan JET, conducted by Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur conducts admissions for B.Tech [ food technology], B.Sc [ Agriculture/ horticulture/ forestry(honours)], etc. though the state level exam.
- TS EAMCET 2021 – The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad conducts the state level entrance exam TS EAMCET. It offers UG admissions for various professional courses in engineering and technology across colleges of Telangana.
- TS PGECET 2021 – Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state level exam offering admissions for first year PG courses in engineering/ technology/ pharmacy/ architecture. Qualified candidates can seek admissions across various PG institutions across the state.
- TS Polycet 2021 – Telangana state polytechnic entrance test is a state level entrance exam conducted by Telangana State board of Technical education for offering admissions in various polytechnic courses.
- TS ECET 2021 – Telangana state engineering common entrance test offers admissions for B.Tech lateral entry and B.Pharma courses. Exam is organised by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Diploma holders and candidates holding B.Sc in Mathematics can apply for this exam.
- TNEA 2021– The Tamil Nadu engineering admissions is conducted by Anna University for offering admissions to various engineering programs on the basis of candidate’s 12th standard marks. Admissions take place at the state level for various engineering colleges across Tamil Nadu.
- TANCET 2021– The Tamil Nadu common entrance test is a state level exam organised for candidates seeking admissions in PG engineering and management programs. It offers gateway for getting seats in courses like ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/MBA and MCA. The exam provides admissions for various universities in Tamil Nadu.
- UKSEE 2021– Uttarakhand state entrance exam is a state level entrance exam organised by Uttarakhand Technical University for UG/PG admissions in engineering/pharmacy and other courses.
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic 2021 – The Joint Engineering Examination Polytechnic [JEEP] or Uttarakhand Polytechnic exam is conducted by Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education, Roorkee. It offers admissions in polytechnic courses for different fields like engineering/ fashion designing etc.
- UPSEE 2021 – UP state entrance examination is a state level exam organised by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP state for UG/PG and lateral entry admissions for engineering/management and other courses.
- JEECUP 2021– Joint Entrance Examination Council of Uttar Pradesh conducts a state level exam for offering admissions in diploma courses for engineering, technology, pharmacy etc. The exam is conducted by the UP Board of Technical Education.
- WBJEE 2021 – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board conducts WBJEE for offering UG admissions in engineering and technology, architecture and pharmacy courses. Candidates can apply online for WBJEE 2021.
- JEXPO 2021 – The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education conducts JEXPO for admission into various polytechnic courses. Admissions can be sought in government institutions, government sponsored and self financed polytechnic colleges of West Bengal.