ePASS: ePASS is the abbreviated form of Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships. This online portal pertains to scholarship and fund disbursal system and online application form procedures. In the past, all activities right from scholarship application till disbursal of funds took place in the offline method. Applications were processed on paper and scholarships were disbursed in the form of cheques etc. This offline system involved a lot of mediators, and the misuse of funds was very evident. To completely rule out this system and bring in a much more improved, organized and transparent system, change was the need of the hour. Hence many state governments namely; Karnataka, Telangana, HP and AP implemented an accountable and student friendly system in lieu with changing times. This article deals with the different scholarships listed under each ePASS portal, features of these scholarships, application process and other associated information.
The ePASS portal of Karnataka was designed by the department of backward classes’ welfare under the government of Karnataka. It is also commonly called as KARePASS portal. This portal is exclusively for students who are native residents of Karnataka state. Sri Devraj Urs, former chief minister of Karnataka, was a great leader who envisaged this robust mission. The facilitation of monetary fund’s too backward class students to help them continue their education is one of the top notch missions of this portal. All related services like database linking of SSLC students, colleges, bank welfare departments of the state, and treasury units are done meticulously by the state government. The system also ensures accountability and in-time delivery of funds to the right candidate’s bank account. Schemes listed under ePASS Karnataka Portal:
- Post-matric Scholarship Scheme
- Fee Concession Scheme
- Vidyasiri Scheme
- Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme
Key Features of the ePASS Karnataka
|Key Features||Relevant Link to Refer|
|Apply for the scholarship schemes||karepass.cgg.gov.in|
|Know the application number||Know your Application number|
|Check the application status||Know Your Application Status|
|Check the status of hostel application||Know Your Hostel Application Status|
|Pratibha Puraskar scholarship acknowledgement||Acknowledgement Status|
Address: The Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department, Door No.16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan, Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore – 560052.
Helpline Number: 8050370006/ 8050770005/8050770004
E-mail: [email protected]
ePASS TS or ePASS Telangana
The ePASS portal of Telangana is initiated by the centre for good governance. It is developed under the aegis of the Social Welfare Department of Telangana. This portal ensures smooth disbursement of scholarships and funds from the government to the students; the website offers a host of user-friendly services like online applications, tracking application number, fee payment details, scholarship transaction status. Manual interference and checks to provide scholarships to students are avoided through this efficient portal. Around 90 lakh students have benefited from these schemes almost from the past four years and more. Candidates must be Telangana domiciled, and scholarships are offered to various categories like SC/ST/EBC/BC/ minority classes and other backward classes. List of schemes under TS ePASS:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST/BC and Disabled Students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST/BC and Disabled Students.
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for BC and EBC Students
- Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minority Communities.
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC/ST Students.
Key features of ePASS TS
|Key Features||Relevant Link to Refer|
|Tracking application number||Know the application number|
|Bank remittance and fee payment details||Bank Account Details|
|Details on scholarship transaction||Scholarship Trans ID Details.|
Address: Project monitoring unit, SPIU, ground floor, Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Sankshema Bhavan, Opposite Chacha Nehru Park, Masab Tank, Hyderabad
Helpline Number: 040 – 23390228
E-mail: [email protected]
ePASS AP or Jnanabhumi
The ePASS portal of Andhra Pradesh is referred to as the Jnanabhumi portal. This online platform for students was launched in the year 2017. Before 2017, the common application portal of AP was utilized for the purpose of scholarship disbursal. As on today, the portals for Telangana and AP have been segregated into separate entities. Just like the Telangana portal, the AP portal also offers many scholarships for different categories like SC/ST/ BC/ EBC/ Minorities/ Kapu, etc., these scholarships offer promising rewards. List of Scholarships under AP ePASS:
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for SC/ST/ BC and Physically Disabled Candidates.
- Post-Matric Scholarships for SC/ST/ BC/ EBC/ Minority/ Kapu/ Physically Disabled students.
- YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidyanidhi Scheme
Address: ePASS Services, Project Monitoring Unit, Director of Social Welfare department, Service Road, Right Opposite to Manipal Hospital, TG Plaza, Tadepalli, Vijayawada – 520001
Official Website: epass.apcfss.in
The government of Himachal Pradesh, under the Directorate of Higher Education Department, offers lucrative scholarship schemes under the ePASS HP portal. This online portal ensures a fair share of scholarships amongst all categories of students. Almost 1.5 lakh Himachal Pradesh students get various benefits through these schemes sponsored by the HP state government. Also, these schemes are not open to other state students. They are exclusively for HP domiciled students only. The HP government organizes its schemes into three main categories, mainly central schemes, state schemes, and an exclusive branch for technical education schemes. The HP ePASS portal is mostly used for the technical education scholarship schemes alone. The rest of the schemes, namely the central and state schemes, benefit from the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
HP ePASS – List of Centrally Sponsored Scholarships
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST Students
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to SC/ST Students
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to OBC Students
- Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes
- Up-gradation of Merit of SC/ST Students (Only for GSSS Bharmour, Chamba).
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship Scheme for Minority Community
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to Minority Community
- Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme to Minorities
- National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship
- Scholarship to Disabled Students
- Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric Scholarship for DNTs
- Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs
HP ePASS – List of State Sponsored Scholarships
- Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for SC Students
- Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for OBC Students
- Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chattervritti Yojna for Students
- Indira Gandhi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana for Plus Two Students
- Kalpana Chawla Chhatravriti Yojna
- Mukhya Mantri Protsahan Yojna (One-time Incentive)
- Maharishi Balmiki Chattervritti Yojna
- IRDP Scholarship Scheme
- Sainik School Sujanpur Tihara Scholarship
- Rashtriya Indian Military College Scholarship (Only for RIMC Dehradun)
- NDA Scholarship Scheme (Only for NDA Khadakwasla)
- Financial Assistance to Children of Armed Forces personnel killed/disabled during war/operations
- Mukhya Mantri Gyandeep Yojna
HP ePASS – List of Technical Education Schemes
- Scholarship Schemes for PG/Degree & Engg Level Courses
- Scholarship Schemes for Diploma Courses
- Scholarship Schemes for ITI Students(SC/ST/OBC/General)
Address: The Joint Director, Higher Education/ Nodal Officer for scholarships, Sundernagar, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh – 175018
E-mail: [email protected]
Helpline Number: 01907 – 266120
ePASS Scholarship Status
Right after the submission of the application, students would be curious to find out the status of their submitted applications. For this purpose, every ePASS portal offers “Application Status” services on their respective handles. Some of the most important and common details to be entered in order to find out the application status details are provided below:
- Application number
- Academic year
- Metric exam type
- Metric exam registration number
- Year of passing matric exam
- Date of birth details
ePASS Scholarship – FAQs
1. Where can candidates locate the eligibility criteria for various scholarship schemes of various ePASS portals?
Answer: On the home page of the respective ePASS portal, candidates may check the notification section OR refer to scheme guidelines provided under each scheme.
2. How do we understand the mandatory fields in the application form?
Answer: All fields that are marked with an * symbol in them are mandatory.
3. What are the general documents required to be submitted with the application form?
Answer: These are the common list of documents to be presented along with the application form: Passport size photograph, Birth certificate, Aadhaar number, Mark sheets of the previous qualifying exam, Bank passbook copy, Caste certificate, Income certificate and Fee receipts of respective educational institute
4. How can we register for the various ePASS portals?
Answer: Candidates have to keep a watch on the relevant timelines in which they are supposed to submit their applications. The registration option shall be available within the stipulated timeline only.
5. IS there any general verification process involved in the ePASS formats of different states?
Answer: YES. Verification usually involves college verification, later by verification officer and then by the respective welfare officer.