ePASS is the abbreviated form of Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships. From the name itself, it is evident that the term refers to the online scholarship and fund disbursal system and online application form procedures. In the past, all activities right from scholarship application till disbursal of funds took place in the offline method. Applications were on paper; scholarships were given out in cheques etc. This system involved a lot of middlemen, where the misuse of funds was quite evident. To completely rule out this system and bring in a much more improved, organized, and the transparent system was the need of the hour. Hence many states came forward and implemented the ePASS system of scholarships.
In the current article, we discuss at length about the ePASS implementation features in the states of Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Himachal Pradesh. The method to check the status of applications on the ePASS portal is also part of our article discussion. We try to answer important FAQs and contact details of the concerned ePASS department of the respective state. Let us understand the various programs of ePASS entities with respect to different states in the upcoming sections.
Let us first take up the ePASS portal of Karnataka state. The ePASS portal of Karnataka was designed by the department of backward classes’ welfare under the government of Karnataka. Sri Devraj Urs, former chief minister of Karnataka, was a great leader who envisaged this robust mission. The facilitation of monetary funds too backward class students to help them continue their education is one of the top notch missions of this portal. All related services like database linking of SSLC students, colleges, bank welfare departments of the state, and treasury units are done meticulously by the state government. The system also ensures accountability and in-time delivery of funds to the right candidate’s bank account.
Key features of the ePASS Karnataka portal
In this section, we discuss the most important features offered on the portal for students with respect to scholarship applications and scholarship disbursal events. They are listed below:
- The first feature involves understanding guidelines on the ePASS portal and making an online application for various schemes. The link to be referred to is karepass.cgg.gov.in
- The next feature relates to identifying the application number after the submission of the completed application form. The link to refer is: Know your Application number
- All candidates who have successfully completed their application submission may check the following portal for knowing current status – Know Your Application Status
- Candidates who have applied for hostel occupancy can also check their application status – Know Your Hostel Application Status
- Acknowledgement form for Pratibha Puraskar scholarship – Acknowledgement Status
Address: The Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department, Door No.16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan, Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore – 560052.
Contact Phone: 8050370006/ 8050770005/8050770004
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ePASS portal of Telangana is brought about by the center for good governance. It is developed under the aegis of the social welfare department of Telangana. The website offers a host of services like post-matric scholarship services, pre-matric scholarship services, overseas scholarship services, skill up-gradation services, etc. Manual interference and checks to provide scholarships to students are avoided through this efficient portal. Around 90 lakh students have benefitted from these schemes almost from the past four years and more. Candidates must be Telangana domiciled, and scholarships are offered to various categories like SC/ST/EBC/BC/ minority classes and other backward classes.
Key features of the ePASS Telangana portal
- Application for various scholarship schemes can be referenced after understanding the guidelines and instruction manual. Link to refer to is: telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
- After successful application submission, the application number can be obtained successfully. The link to track the application number is: Know the application number
- Various details related to bank remittance can also be obtained on the portal. The link for the purpose is found at: Bank Account Details
- Every scholarship application shall receive a separate transaction ID. More details on this entity can be accessed at the following link: Scholarship Trans ID Details.
Address: Project monitoring unit, SPIU, ground floor, Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Sankshema Bhavan, Opposite Chacha Nehru Park, Masab Tank, Hyderabad
Phone number: 040 – 23390228
E-mail ID: email@example.com
The ePASS portal of Andhra Pradesh is referred to as the Jnanabhumi portal. This online platform for students was launched in the year 2017. Before 2017, the common application portal of AP was utilized for the purpose [as on today, the portals for Telangana and AP were the same]. Just like the Telangana portal, the AP portal also offers many scholarships like pre-matric scholarships, post-matric scholarships, YSR Vidyonnathi scheme, Ambedkar overseas Vidyanidhi scheme, etc. For different categories like SC/ST/ BC/ EBC/ Minorities/ Kapu, etc., these scholarships offer promising rewards.
Key features of ePASS AP portal
- For the list of scholarships offered, refer to the link: epass.apcfss.in
- For candidates to find out whether they are eligible or not, check the link: epass.apcfss.in
- For students to find out if the courses they are pursuing are eligible or not for scholarships, refer to the link: epass.apcfss.in
- The list of colleges that are eligible for obtaining scholarships is also an important feature of the ePASS portal, check the link: epass.apcfss.in
- The fee structure details and the timeline for important events are also gathered on the link epass.apcfss.in
Address: ePASS Services, Project Monitoring Unit, Director of Social Welfare department, Service Road, Right Opposite to Manipal Hospital, TG Plaza, Tadepalli, Vijayawada – 520001
The government of Himachal Pradesh, under the directorate of the higher education department, offers lucrative scholarship schemes under the EPASS HP portal. Almost 1.5 lakh Himachal Pradesh students get various benefits through these schemes sponsored by the HP state government. Also, these schemes are not open to other state students. They are exclusively for HP domiciled students only. The HP government organizes its schemes into three main categories, mainly central schemes, state schemes, and an exclusive branch for technical education schemes. The HP ePASS portal is mostly used for the technical education scholarship schemes alone. The rest of the schemes, namely the central and state schemes, benefit from the NSP or the National scholarship portal.
Key features of the HP ePASS portal
The most important features of the HP ePASS portal is the distinction between centrally sponsored schemes, state-sponsored schemes, and technical education schemes. Let’s take a deeper look at each one of them elaborately:
Under the centrally sponsored schemes, these are the scholarships offered:
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls of HP for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) (CSS).
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students of HP (9th &10th) CSS.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students of HP (9th &10th) CSS.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students of HP (1st to 10th) (CSS).
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to SC students of HP (CSS).
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to ST students of HP (CSS).
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to OBC students of HP (CSS).
- Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes of HP (CSS).
- Up-gradation of Merit of SC/ST students of HP (CSS) (Only for GSSS Bharmour, Chamba).
- Merit cum means Scholarship Scheme for Students of HP belonging to Minority Community (CSS).
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to students of HP belonging to Minority community (CSS).
- Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for Meritorious Girls students of HP belonging to Minorities (CSS).
- National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship for students of HP (CSS).
- Scholarship to disabled Students of HP CSS).
- Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric Scholarship for DNTs of HP (CSS).
- Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs of HP (CSS).
Under the state sponsored schemes, these are the scholarships offered:
- Dr.Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for SC Students of HP
- Dr.Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for OBC Students of HP
- Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chattervritti Yojna for students of HP
- Indira Gandhi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana for students of HP who have completed plus two education
- Kalpana Chawla Chhatravriti Yojna for students of HP
- Mukhya Mantri Protsahan Yojna(One-time Incentive) for students of HP
- Maharishi Balmiki Chattervritti Yojna for students of HP
- IRDP Scholarship Scheme for students of HP
- Sainik School Sujanpur Tihara Scholarship for students of HP
- Rashtriya Indian Military College Scholarship(Only for RIMC Dehradun) for students of HP
- NDA Scholarship Scheme(Only for NDA Khadakwasla) for students of HP
- Financial Assistance scheme to the children (of HP ) of the Armed Forces Personnel killed/disabled during the different War/Operations
- Mukhya Mantri Gyandeep Yojna for students of HP
The scholarships for technical education are as follows:
- Scholarship schemes for PG/Degree & Engg Level Courses
- Scholarship schemes for Diploma Courses
- Scholarship schemes for ITI Students(SC/ST/OBC/General)
Address: The Joint Director, Higher Education/ Nodal officer for scholarships, Sundernagar, District Mandi, Himachal Pradesh – 175018
Phone number: 01907 – 266120
Right after the submission of the application, students would be curious to find out the status of their submitted applications. For this purpose, every ePASS portal offers “Application status” services on their respective handles. Some of the most important and common details to be entered in order to find out the application status details are provided below:
- Application number
- Academic year
- Metric exam type
- Metric exam registration number
- Year of passing matric exam
- Date of birth details
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can candidates locate the eligibility criteria for various scholarship schemes of various ePASS portals?
On the home page of the respective ePASS portal, candidates may check the notification section OR refer to scheme guidelines provided under each scheme.
- How do we understand the mandatory fields in the application form?
All fields that are marked with an * symbol in them are mandatory.
- What are the general documents required to be submitted with the application form?
These are the common list of documents to be presented along with the application form:
- Passport size photograph
- Birth certificate
- Aadhaar number
- Mark sheets of the previous qualifying exam
- Bank passbook copy
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Fee receipts of respective educational institute
- How can we register for the various ePASS portals?
Candidates have to keep a watch on the relevant timelines in which they are supposed to submit their applications. The registration option shall be available within the stipulated timeline only.
- IS there any general verification process involved in the ePASS formats of different states?
YES. Verification usually involves college verification, later by verification officer and then by the respective welfare officer.