Essay on Computer: The computer is a basic necessity now for all of us; this electronic device performs many activities in a fraction of seconds for us. Computers were first developed in the 1940’s & are used everywhere like homes, schools, colleges etc. It is one of the greatest inventions of humans which is making things easier for humanity.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Essay on Computer 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Computer Essay in English, suitable for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students. This essay is drafted in easy and simple words.
In this essay on computer, we will discuss computers, their role in our lives, and useful things. In this modern era, computers have become significant to fulfil all the needs. Right from knowing about the meaning of a word to ordering food or purchasing a cloth, computers are helpful entirely. In every field like designing, educational, medicine, hospitality, defence, agriculture, etc., computers are highly appreciated.
History of Computers
It is tough to judge the exact origin of computers. However, as per experts, it has concluded that computers’ existence was from world word II. It is considered that it was used to record the data. But it was only used by the government, not by the public. When a computer was introduced, it had a huge size and also termed a heavy machine. As time moves, the size has been reducing.
Working of a Computer
A computer is an electronic machine. It is used to process information by taking raw data, keep it safely until needs, crushes it as required, and finally ensures the results. This process has different names such as;
- When the information is taken, it is known as Input.
- When the information is stored, it is known as Memory.
- When it is chewed or split, it is known as Processing.
- When results come, it is known as output.
Components of Computers
- Input: Input units are mouse and keyboard. Through it, information is getting into the computer to process. Voice recognition and a microphone can also use to take the data inside the computer.
- Memory/Storage: All the information and documents are stored by the computer in the hard drive. A hard drive is a huge magnetic memory.
- Processing: It has a central processing unit like a microchip buried deep inside. If you have noticed that, it has a little blowing fan used to keep the processor from getting hot.
- Output: The LCD screen is used to show the output in high-resolution graphics. Inkjet graphics, loudspeakers, etc., are also used as outputs to exhibit the information processed.
Types of Computer
There are four different types of computers, such as:
- Supercomputers are the most powerful computers in terms of data processing and performance. Large organizations like NASA use these for specific tasks that include launching space shuttles, control them and even for space exploration purposes.
- Mainframe computers are used by government organization and IT firms to run their business tasks.
- Minicomputers are also known as Mid-range computers, used by small enterprises. These are of small sizes and also don’t have a large space to process the data.
- Microcomputers like Desktop, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones, and PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) are the cheapest among the above three types. The prominent companies that have manufactured these computers are Apple, Sony, Dell, Acer, HP, and Toshiba.
Uses of Computer in Various Fields
In this digital era, no task can complete without a computer. It becomes a necessity in every field. It makes the job easier and faster. It reduces the paperwork and manual recording of data.
- Educational Sectors: School management, college management, and university management software are available to manage all educational institutions’ activities. With this software, all the tasks are performed easily and flawlessly. Very few employees are required to manage the educational institutions with this software. All of this software can run only on computers.
- Medical Sectors: In medical sectors, computers are used to record patients’ data and medical history and help diagnose diseases, perform tests, and find the cure of life-threatening diseases.
- Research: Computers play an essential role in scientific research, social research, and space research. Because of it, it is possible to keep a check on the environment space. It assists in checking for the galaxies thoroughly.
- Defense: Defense companies perform 90% of their tasks only on computers to keep an eye on their enemies.