Essay on Flowers: The most colourful part of a plant is the flower. Flowers have petals, pollen’s and seeds. Different types of flowers produce different fragrances. Everyone commonly likes flower varieties like rose, chrysanthemums, lilies, lotus, jasmine and hibiscus. Flowers are associated with beauty and offer a sense of peace. Flowers help in pollination, used in making garlands, medicines, scents, perfumes and offered to God.
Essay on Flowers 250 Words in English
Below we have provided Flower Essay in English, suitable for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
“The Earth laughs in flowers” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Flowers are the finest gifts nature has bestowed upon us. Their sight brings us joy and happiness. They inspire people and are a subject of poetry. Best of artists have admired a flower’s beauty in their works. Flowers are often presented to God because they are a symbol of purity. Flowers can be of different sizes, shapes, and colours. Here we have mentioned some of the common characteristics of these flowers:
- They are the reproductive part of all flowering plants.
- Flowers are also known as blooms.
- They have petals that produce pollen.
- Pollen is responsible for the formation of seed.
- Birds and insects carry this pollen and help flowers in pollination.
- Flowers are the most colourful and bright part of the plants.
- Flowers mostly have a delightful smell. Their fragrance makes us calm and relaxed.
- Some flowers work as a bug repellent. They keep mosquitoes and flies away.
- They enhance biodiversity and uplift our ecosystem.
Types of Flowers
There are numerous species of flowers. Some of them are rose, lily, lotus, marigold, and jasmine. These are quite commonly found in India. Flowers like Daffodils, Cherry blossoms, Lavender, and Tulips are grown in European countries. Some of these flowers are known for their glamour and aesthetic value.
Besides, we also have flowers like a daisy, China rose, and chrysanthemum, which can be planted in parks or lawns. Flowers are used as adornment in temples. They are also used for decoration purposes during festivals or parties. Moreover, flowers are also sold in the market. The flower industry is a booming business sector.
My Favourite Flower Lotus
Lotus is one of the most ancient flowers found on our planet. It is an aquatic flower that grows in muddy water. It rises above the water surface to portray its remarkable beauty. Although its roots are bound to the mud, it is untouched by impurity. According to Buddhism, the lotus represents growth and purity of mind.
Lotus is the national flower of India. It is also my favourite flower. Its beauty is very appealing. This flower is generally white or pink. It has a thick stem and round leaves that float on water. Many people consider it sacred and use it as an offering in temples.
10 Lines Essay on Flowers in English
- Flowers are a beautiful creation of nature.
- They are attractive to look at.
- Flowers are colourful and are pleasant to smell.
- They are the reproductive part of the plants.
- Bees and butterflies are their best friends.
- There are many kinds of flowers.
- Lotus is my favourite flower, and it is also the national flower of India.
- Some flowers have medicinal properties and are used for treating ailments.
- They are also used for religious purposes.
- Flowers influence our mood and always make us happy.