Essay on India: India, our motherland is a nation that believes in “Unity in Diversity”. It is the biggest democratic in the whole world. Incredible India is a mix of religions, languages, cultures, regions, traditions, food, etc. India’s beauty is defined by its geographical richness, and its natural splendour can be explored in its many rivers, lakes, valleys and hill stations.
Essay on India 500 Words in English
Below we have provided India Essay in English, suitable for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
India is one of the greatest nations in this world. It is known for its rich culture and traditions. People belonging to different religions and speaking different languages live here together. Our country aptly represents Unity in Diversity.
India is the seventh-largest country in the entire world. It is also a democratic country which means we can choose our leader. It is an incredible nation enriched with the beauty of nature. The vast mountains, forests, lakes, and oceans are bound to captivate your mind. Moreover, India’s rich historical heritage promotes eco-tourism on an annual basis.
Distinctive Features of India
Some of the unique features of our country have been mentioned below:
- India is a peninsular country that is surrounded by water bodies on three sides.
- Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal cover the western and eastern sides of India respectively.
- India is also known as Bharat or Hindustan.
- Our national anthem is Jana Gana Mana which was originally composed by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Our national song is Vande Mataram which was written by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee.
- Indian people are polite, sincere, and hard-working.
- Peacock is our national bird, and the tiger is our national animal.
- Mango is our national fruit and lotus is our national flower.
- Indian people mostly speak Hindi as it is our national language.
- India attained freedom on the 15th of August, 1947. We celebrate this day as Independence Day.
- Rupee is the currency of India.
- India has 29 states and 7 union territories.
- While Delhi is the capital of our country, Mumbai serves to be the business capital of India.
- Hockey is our national game.
- Indian flag is a tricoloured flag consisting of saffron (top), white (middle), and green (bottom) parts. There is also a blue-coloured Ashoka Chakra present in the center of the white strap.
- People from religious backgrounds like Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, etc. co-exist harmoniously in India.
- Our country is filled with rich historical beauty. Ancient monuments, churches, temples, tombs, and museums add on to the aesthetic value of India.
- Moreover, many hidden gems in India are closely associated with nature. Sanctuaries and wildlife reserves are a few of these natural spots.
- Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep are the two most popular Islands of India.
Cultural Heritage of India
Whatever we inherit from our ancestors and our past, define our heritage. India has always had a varied cultural and traditional background. Indian culture is certainly the oldest in the world. Our ancient civilization dates back to 4500 years ago. We Indians are a mix of unique ethnic races. This cultural heritage has somehow enabled us to build a stronger community. It has also inspired us to evolve as our better selves.
India has beautiful geological structures planted in its different regions. Some of the most captivating ones include Leh, Siachen glacier, Jammu & Kashmir, Barren Islands, Pillar rocks, etc. Historical monuments like Qutub Minar, Taj Mahal, Golden Temple, Red Fort, Ajanta and Ellora caves, etc. are fascinating. They are the wonders which have survived the race against time. Every year, these places attract tons of foreign tourists who witness the glory of these monuments.
10 Lines Essay on India in English
- India is a democratic country where people of different cultural backgrounds live together.
- There are 29 states and 7 union territories in India.
- India is the seventh-largest country in the entire world.
- It is also the second most populated nation in the world.
- Hindi is the national language of India.
- Indian national flag is a tricoloured flag made up of saffron, white, and green colours.
- Major festivals in India include Holi, Diwali, Durga Puja, Christmas, Eid, Guru Nanak Jayanti, etc.
- Indian people are humble, sincere, and sweet.
- The prime minister and the chief ministers run the administration of the country at central and state levels.
- I am an Indian, and I love my country.