Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2021: The Fair and Lovely scholarship is brought to us by the Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL). The tie-up between HUL and Fair and Lovely to offer these scholarships are part of the CSR initiative taken up by the HUL organization to offer meritorious scholarships to girls aged between 15 to 30 years. This scholarship is aimed at providing financial assistance to meritorious girls to help them pursue higher education for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. This scholarship offers grants to girl students in the range of INR 25,000 to INR 50,000. This article gives detail information about Glow and Lovely Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, online application process, documents required, selection process, result, rewards and benefits.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||Hindustan Unilever Limited|
|Scholarship Name||Fair and Lovely Scholarship|
|Eligible standard||Only female candidates in the age group of 15 to 30 can apply|
|Scholarship Amount||50,000 INR (Maximum)|
|Last Date of Application||October 30, 2021 (Tentative)|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2021 Eligibility
Such a unique initiative taken up to empower girls comes with certain eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by desirous candidates. The list of eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Only female candidates in the age group of 15 to 30 can apply.
- Candidates desirous of obtaining scholarships should be willing to pursue higher studies in terms of undergraduate/ postgraduate studies, whichever is applicable.
- The minimum score to be obtained in both the 10th and 12th should be 60%.
- Candidate should have completed 12th standard in Arts/Science/Commerce streams.
- The annual family income of parents should be less than INR 6 lakhs.
List of courses to be pursued at different levels of education:
- Regular courses like BA/BCom/ BSc
- Professional courses like BE/B.Tech/ LLB/BBA/BCA/B.Pharma/B.Arch
- Medical courses like MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS
- Other courses include BHM/B.PEd/B.Ed/B.SL LLB/ BBA LLB/ B.Com LLB
- Regular courses like MA/M.Sc/MCom
- Professional courses like ME/MTech/ LLM/MCA/MBA
- Other courses like Mpharma/ M.Arch/MDS/MHMS/MAMS/MD/ MHHM/M.PEd/M.Ed etc.
- Banking sector, CA/CS/ICWA training, CAT/MBA exam training, civil services exam training, various government services exam, IIT-JEE entrance tests, PMT/AIIMS/MBBS entrance tests/ language courses, etc.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2021 Application Process
ONLINE applications for this scholarship have to be submitted within the stipulated deadline. Candidates need to ensure that they fill up the application carefully and attach selected documents with it. After validating the correctness of the application, they have to submit it before the last date. Step by step Glow and Lovely Foundation scholarship application form process is given below:
- New applicants first have to register themselves with the website.
- Candidates have to register themselves with a Gmail/Facebook account or through an e-mail id.
- After registration, login again into the portal.
- Click on the ‘apply online’ button.
- Go to the ‘scholarship application page.’
- Click on ‘Start application.’
- Select your level of education.
- Fill up other compulsory details on the application form.
- Upload all documents related to the application form.
- Click on the SUBMIT button to send the application form.
Documents Required for Fair and Lovely Scholarship
All important documents are to be scanned and uploaded along with the application form on the online portal. Copies of documents need to be attested before uploading them. List of important documents are:
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Photo ID Proof ( PAN Card/ Voter ID card/ Driving license/ Aadhaar card)
- 10th standard mark sheets.
- Age proof ( Birth Certificate/ Indian passport / Driving license / 10th standard mark sheet)
- For undergraduate studies – 10th standard and 12th standard mark sheets
- For postgraduate studies – 10th and 12th mark sheets along with degree mark sheets and degree completion certificate.
- Income certificate
- BPL card
- Fee receipt/ admission certificate/ bonafide certificate of the educational institution where the candidate is studying.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
Fair and Lovely scholarship is one of the most unique scholarships in the country. It encourages female candidates to go out of their ways and achieve excellence in their chosen fields. For this, the support they require in the form of coaching fees and miscellaneous fees shall also be considered. This is for those candidates who enrol themselves in a reputed coaching center and attend regular classes to help themselves with additional support to pursue courses/ get selected for government jobs etc. This scholarship awards a grant amount ranging from INR 25000 to INR 50000 to financially aid female students shortlisted through the process.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship Selection Process
There is a five stage selection process involved in this scholarship disbursal scheme. The same has been explained in detail below:
- Registration – Through Gmail/ Facebook/e-mail id.
- Logging on to the portal- With registered credentials, candidates need to log into the portal and fill in their application form.
- Uploading documents – All documents need to be uploaded in the correct specification and size only.
- Form submission- After verification and validation for the correctness of the information, a form has to be submitted online.
- Interview process- This is the last step of the selection process, wherein shortlisted candidates have to attend an interview for final selection for this scholarship.
In the application form filling section, candidates also need to answer in detail, two descriptive types of questions. These two questions act as the first gateway towards the first step of selection as it specifies why the candidates are choosing to apply for this scholarship.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship Result
- Candidates whose applications have been selected for further rounds get intimated for an interview.
- In the interview, candidates are screened based on their personality/ interpersonal skills/ communication skills, etc.
- Post the interview round, the final list of selected candidates shall be prepared.
- The final list of selected candidates can be obtained from the official portal of this scholarship.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2021 – FAQs
1. Who conducts the final selection list of candidates?
Answer: The Hindustan Unilever limited team concerned with the disbursal of scholarship enlists candidates for the final list of selection.
2. Where is the interview round conducted?
Answer: The interview is a telephonic interaction and candidates are not called in personally to any location for the same.
3. Who conducts the interview round, and for what duration?
Answer: The HUL scholarship team conducts the telephonic interview for about 10 to 15 minutes in English/ Hindi or other common Indian languages.
4. Explain the initial screening of candidates based on their application submission.
Answer: Candidates receive a percentile shortly after their application submission. This percentile is based on the consideration of a candidate’s academic records, annual family income, disability criteria [if any], etc.
5. In how much time can the final result be expected after the final interview round?
Answer: Usually, one month after the telephonic interview round, the final result of candidates is disclosed.
6. IS Fair and Lovely Scholarship Renewable?
Answer: NO. This scholarship is only a fixed scheme offering a one-time grant to selected candidates. There is no renewal of this scholarship. Only new applications have to be made when a candidate wishes to make an application.
For any queries or doubts that the candidates may have regarding this scholarship, they may feel free to contact the below contacts given below:
E-mail – [email protected]
Phone number – 1800-10-22-221