Gandhi Fellowship 2020: The father of our nation Mahatma Gandhi was a born leader who inspired masses and took the whole world by storm with his exceptional character. Gandhi Fellowship is a tribute to the late freedom fighter and stands on the ground principles of leadership and visionary transformation. This fellowship is for those candidates who are on the lookout for an exceptional program to achieve great heights in the field of education. The Piramal School of Education, in association with Kaivalya Education Foundation, has designed this one-of-its-kind fellowship program to nurture young minds towards society contribution.
This residential program is conducted for two years, and candidates have to be present hands-on at the campus to assist school headmasters. The goal of this fellowship program is to build a turning point for the schools and help them achieve greater heights in terms of competence and growth. This article gives detail information about Gandhi Fellowship 2020 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal, rewards and benefits.
Gandhi Fellowship 2020-22 Highlights
|Provided by||Kaivalya Education Foundation|
|Fellowship Name||Gandhi Fellowship|
|Fellowship Amount||14,000 INR (Monthly)|
Gandhi Fellowship Dates
|Application Start||September 2019|
|Last Date of Application||March 31, 2020|
|Beginning of Fellowship Program||July 01, 2020|
|End of the Fellowship Program||July 2021|
Gandhi Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this fellowship program, candidates must first check if they satisfy certain eligibility conditions laid down by the conducting authority. In the case of non-compliance, applications shall not be accepted. Following are the conditions:
- Minimum qualification requirement is graduation in any stream.
- Those candidates who are studying in the final year of their course are also eligible to apply.
- Working candidates are encouraged to apply too!
- Bright and exceptionally high scoring candidates with an excellent academic track record are invited to apply for this fellowship.
Gandhi Fellowship Application Process
All applications should be sent in the ONLINE mode only. No offline methods of sending applications. Follow these steps carefully to apply now. Make sure you have read and understood the guidelines thoroughly:
- Visit the official website of Gandhi Fellowship – [gandhifellowship.org]
- Go to the ‘Application Form’ section. Enter the required details correctly.
- There is a selection filter after this round. Candidates who successfully clear step-1 of the process shall be prompted to move to step-2.
- Selected candidates can attend the next step in the process.
- Applications of all candidates shall be reviewed by a committee. The results of the review process shall be revealed after a period of around 10 days.
- Notifications shall be sent through e-mail ids of candidates.
- Selected candidates can take the application process further based on instructions provided in individual e-mails.
Documents Required For Gandhi Fellowship
List of required documents are
- Proof of age
- All certificates related to academic performance.
- Last passed exam mark sheets.
- Graduation/post graduation certificates
- Sports achievements certificates/ NSS certificates / NCC certificates, etc
- Certificates providing proof of any voluntary work carried out.
- Proof of involvement in performing arts or literature work.
Gandhi Fellowship Selection Process
- The selection process for Gandhi fellowship takes around 10 days after receiving all the applications after the deadline period. Firstly, all applications shall be screened and pooled based on compliance with eligibility conditions.
- After the initial application screening process, an interview shall be soon followed. All candidates shall be communicated over the latest updates and selection through their e-mail.
- The entire selection process is deemed as a reflective process. Parameters such as personalised scrutiny, leadership skills and abilities shall be tested upon and assessed.
Gandhi Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
The Gandhi fellowship offers the following rewards and benefits for selected fellows. All fellows can avail these rewards as per their fellowship program:
- INR 14000 shall be awarded as a monthly stipend for the entire duration of the fellowship program.
- INR 600 for covering additional costs during fellowship tenure. These include computer charges, transportation charges, water, power, mobile charges, rent and cook charges.
- All fellows who successfully complete this fellowship tenure shall receive assistance for getting placed in a similar organization.
- Training and induction programs shall cover 13 parts of the fixed curriculum, namely boot camp learning, classroom learning, Community training, Debriefing sessions, Fieldwork, The new millionaire program, leadership skill-building curriculum, learning journeys, one-on-one interactions, dream articulation in private process, Vipassana techniques, wellness and holistic management.
Gandhi Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
Some of the important terms and conditions that are to be considered while applying for Gandhi fellowship are given below:
- Pursuing this fellowship for a duration of two years does not guarantee jobs for every fellow. Assistance for finding suitable jobs shall be provided.
- A basic grant amount of INR 14,000 is awarded to every fellow for a period of two years.
- The entire fellowship tenure is precisely for a period of 23 months.
- Holidays for fellows shall be as follows- 1 week vacation for Diwali and another week vacation during summer holidays.
- No fellow is bound by the foundation through official bonds. Fellows may quit the program whenever they want, at any point of time.
- Based on the performance of the fellow, if he/she is counted for poor performance, and then they may be asked to leave the program in the middle.
- A fellow may terminate the fellowship after one year if he so wishes to.
- Gandhi fellowship needs the hands-on presence of the candidate on the school campus/ office for the entire tenure. Working from home is not allowed in this regard.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. For what duration is the Gandhi fellowship offered?
Answer: The fellowship is offered for a period of two years or precisely 23 months.
2. During the fellowship period, can a fellow choose to work from home in between?
Answer: No, this fellowship is offered as a two year residential program. Candidates have to report to the office/ campus every day to conduct their fellowship course.
3. What about quitting from the fellowship in between the course?
Answer: Gandhi fellowship looks out for individuals with a strong sense of commitment and social values. Only serious candidates may apply. Fellows are not bound by bonds; they may choose to exit the program whenever they want to.
Candidates can call on +91 9069143140 between 10 AM to 5 PM on all working days to get their queries clarified regarding fellowship.
Alternatively, they can mail their queries to [email protected] and await a quick response from the fellowship team.
Address: A 56 Panchsheel Enclave, Near Soami Nagar Bus Stop, New Delhi – 110017