GCET 2021: GCET Exam date is announced by the authorities. It is organized by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa. Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) is a state-level exam to be conducted on 4th & 5th May 2021. Candidates seeking admission for various professional degree programmes can get allotted seats in various state government/ aided engineering colleges in Goa through this examination. Candidates who successfully qualified NEET entrance examination will be allotted to various programs such as MBBS, BDS, BHMS (Homeopathy), BAMS (Ayurveda), Allied Health Science (Paramedical), and B.Sc. in nursing courses. This article gives details information about GCET 2021 notification that includes exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application/registration process, syllabus and more.
GCET 2021 Exam Dates
|Prospectus availability||4th week of February 2021|
|Application Form commences||4th week of March 2021|
|Deadline to submit application form (without late fee)||4th week of March 2021|
|Deadline to submit application form (with late fee of Rs. 1500/-)||4th week of April 2021|
|Admit card release||4th week of March to 4th week of April|
|GCET 2021 Exam Date||4th & 5th May 2021|
|Result published||3rd week of May 2021|
|Counselling starts||4th week of May 2021|
GCET 2021 Application Form
All the detail about the application form of GCET 2021 is published below:
- GCET 2021 Application Form can be filled by the candidates from last week of March 2021 via offline.
- Authorities will specify the locations at which the candidates will have to submit the application form along with the fee.
- Those candidates submitting after the deadline will have to pay fine of Rs 1500/- extra in addition to the application fee.
- Candidates can access the application form & download it from the official website or from the application centre.
- Once the application fee is paid the application form of the candidates will be approved.
- Passport size recent photograph of students should be uploaded while filling the application form.
- The application fee of Rs 2000/- should be submitted via Demand Draft “DD” in favour of “Director of Technical Education” at Panaji, Goa, on any scheduled bank.
GCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the GCET Eligibility Criteria here:
- Nationality: Must be Indian national citizen
- Qualification: Must qualify 12th level examination having Science to be eligible.
- Mandatory Subject: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their mandatory subject with additional subject among anyone from Biotechnology/ Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science.
- Percentage: Must secure a minimum of 45% marks for general (40% for reserved) candidates.
- Scorecard: National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2021 valid scorecard is a must for candidates to get into degree courses in Architecture
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Here is the information on GCET Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: GCET 2021 exam will be the offline mode (OMR).
- Exam Duration: The examination will be conducted for 2 hours
- Total Questions: Candidates will have to solve the question paper of 75 questions.
- Questions Type: The question paper will be in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)format
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
The marks distribution for each subject is given in the table:
|Subject||Maximum marks||No. of Questions|
GCET 2021 Syllabus
The authorities of Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Education, Porvorium will publish the GCET Syllabus. Students are asked to prepare from 12th level exam, especially from the Science in the fields of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The details regarding the complete syllabus of the examination will be mentioned in the prospectus.
GCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Students can follow the tips given below to score better marks in GCET 2021 examination:
- Take regular breaks between studies.
- Organize a discussion group with friends
- Revise topics regularly
- Make flashcards & prepare notes
- Know your exam syllabus and pattern
- Start preparing early
- Practice mock tests
GCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be available from the third week of April 2021. Admit card is a must for candidates to attend the exam. Admit card is an important document containing candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre, timing, and all critical instruction. Candidates must bring one valid ID proof at the time of exam along with the admit card.
GCET 2021 Answer Key
GCET 2021 Answer Key will be published in the third week of May 2021 via online on their website. The answers to the entire question will be present in the answer key. For every set of the exam, the answer key will be released. The authority will allow question challenging window at which candidates can raise objections (if any). A preliminary answer key will be published at first & then the final answer key will be out. No further objections to the answer key will be allowed once the final answers are released.
GCET 2021 Result
GCET Result will be released online & on notice board at DTE in the third week of May 2021. Based on GCET marks secured a merit list will be released for various courses. Candidates can check their results by logging in. There won’t be any individual release of the scorecard. For every course, a merit list will be prepared. Qualified candidates must have to attend the counselling process.
GCET 2021 Counselling
GCET 2021 counselling will begin with the release of results from last week of May 2021 via online. Qualified students must take part in counselling. Once the admission form is submitted, the counselling process will initiates and students will be called. For the verification process candidates will have to submit both original and photocopied certificates. Based on the GCET marks, candidates will be allotted seats. Payment of fee will be followed by the final admission.