Goa PSC 2022: The Goa Public Service Commission conducts the state Civil Service Exam to recruit a desirous candidate to various state government positions of Goa. All candidates who wish to apply for the exam shall check the exam calendar and apply before the deadline. This article gives detail information about GPSC Goa 2022 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, recruitment, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and more. The official website of the Goa PSC is gpsc.goa.gov.in.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check Goa PSC 2022 Exam Date on the official website.
Goa Civil Service 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification: All candidates should have a minimum degree qualification/bachelor’s degree of three years/ equivalent qualification to qualify for the exam. Working knowledge (Reading, writing, and understanding skills) of Konkani is a must.
- Age Limit: The minimum age for all posts under the service is 18 years. The maximum age limit depends on the categories:
- General category: 33 years
- SC/ST: 38 years
- OBC: 35 years
- Age Relaxation: Age relaxation is applicable for candidates belonging to various categories. The specifications are:
- SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- OBC candidates : 3 years
- Persons with disabilities: 5 years
- Government servants: 5 years.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can make attempts with respect to the upper limit on the age relaxation provided.
GPSC Goa 2022 Application Form
The application process of the Goa Public Service Commission is in online mode only. Below we have provided step by step application process in detail.
- Visit the official website – gpsc.goa.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab. Click on “New Users”
- Candidate should register on the website.
- Enter all relevant details in the application form like name, address, gender, category, etc.)
- Upload scanned documents like photograph, signature, etc.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- Submit the form.
- Save/download/print the submitted application form.
The application fee can be paid in two modes, i.e., Online and Offline. In online mode, the candidate has to pay via credit card/ debit card/ any other bank net banking facility. In offline mode, the candidate needs to visit any SBI branch of Goa and pay the requisite fee. E-challan shall be generated for the same. The Challan number shall then be entered in the online application form. The fee for different categories of candidates are specified below:
- General category – INR 1000
- SC/ST/OBC candidates belonging to the state of Goa – INR 500
- Physically disabled candidates and ex-servicemen – INR 500
Goa PSC 2022 Exam Pattern
- The Goa Civil Service Exam for Junior Scale Officer consists of two papers – Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Paper I consists of 200 questions for 200 marks. Paper-I will cover the following topics: General Intelligence, reasoning and numerical aptitude, General knowledge and current affairs, Basics of Indian Constitution, Governance, and Administration.
- Paper-II (English Comprehension) consists of a total of 50 marks.
- Total marks for the written examination are 250 marks, and time duration is 3.5 hours.
- For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted (negative marking is applicable)
Goa PSC 2022 Syllabus
Below we have provided GPSC Goa Syllabus in detail.
- Reasoning: Puzzle, Blood Relations, Analogies, Verbal and Figure, Classification, Non-verbal series, Relationship concepts, Similarities & Differences, Decision making, Syllogism
- General Intelligence: History, Geography, Polity, India And It’s Neighbouring Countries, General Policy Including Indian Constitution, Sports & Culture
- Numerical Aptitude: Time & Work, Time and Distance, Simple & Compound Interest, Ratio and Proportion, Profit & Loss, Probability, Percentages, Averages, Data Interpretation
- Basics of Indian Constitution, Governance and Administration: Centre State Relations, Union, State, and Concurrent Lists, Budgetary Allocations, Role of Finance, and Planning Commissions. Indian Constitution and the State: Legislature, Executive Judiciary. Good Governance: Efficiency, Transparency, Accountability in Governance, Right to Information, Role of Lokayukta, and Lokpal. Indian Constitution: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: Information and Communication Technology, Biodiversity, Environment, and Climate Change, Current Events of State, National, and International Importance, India’s Freedom struggle, Goa’s Freedom struggle. Social Movements: Corruption, Environment, Women’s issues. Physical, Economic and Social Geography of India and Goa
- English Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Grammar, Sentence Correction, Error Finding, Fill in the blanks
Goa PSC 2022 Admit Card
All candidates who wish to attempt the exam must compulsorily carry the admit card with them to the exam hall, failing which they may not be allowed to take up the examination. The step by step process to download the admit card is given below.
- Log in to the official website – goaonlineexam.com, with a valid ID/Password.
- Locate the ‘Download Admit Card’ tab and click on it.
- Enter ‘Application number’ and ‘Date of Birth’ and click on continue.
- Admit card shall be displayed.
- Download/print the admit card.
Goa PSC 2022 Cut Off
The cut off marks for the exam after each round is decided by the commission and depends on a number of factors. The category wise (probable) cut off marks are:
- General category – 60%
- OBC candidates – 55%
- SC/ST candidates – 50%
(The cut off marks are specified by the commission on the official website after results are out and are subject to revision. Final discretion by the commission)
Goa PSC 2022 Result
The result after every round of the exam shall be displayed on the official website. Students should check the website for updates from time to time. The step by step process to download the result is given below
- Visit official website of the commission – gpsc.goa.gov.in
- Under the ‘Recruitment’ section, click on the ‘Results’ tab.
- Click on the relevant exam link provided in the list.
- Download the result sheet to view the results.
- Results can be saved/ print copy be taken for future use.
Goa PSC 2022 Vacancies
The number of positions is subject to change by the commissions, and they are different every year. The number of positions vacant for various posts is listed below:
- Junior Scale Officer
- Assistant Professor for Marathi in Goa Government College
- Assistant Director
- Child Development Project Officer/ Social Welfare Officer position
- Physicist, Ayurvedic Physician, Senior Surgeon, and Medical Superintendent officer
- Assistant Professor
- Junior Consultant
- Junior ENT Surgeon
- District Town Planning
- Scientific Assistant
- Senior Translation Officer (Marathi)
- Superintendent officer of the Department of Fisheries
- Assistant Archivist Grade officer
- Junior officer (ENT Surgeon jobs)
- Directorate of Tribal Welfare cadres, Goa
- Ayurvedic Physician
- Senior Surgeon
- Medical Superintendent
- Sub matter Specialist
- Assistant Director for the Department of Tourism
- Senior Translation officer (Konkani)
- Junior Anaesthesia specialist in ESI Hospital, Margao
- Ayurvedic Physician
- Junior Environmental Engineer posts
- Junior Law Officer
Goa PSC 2022 Preparation Tips
- Understand the syllabus completely.
- With the help of good reference books, prepare good notes.
- Focus on the Art and Cultural aspects of Goa.
- Do not change books too often; always stick to standard reference books.
- Facts and data need to be collected and memorized from correct sources.
- Coaching classes are not necessary.
- Majority of the syllabus lies in general studies. Concentrate more on that.
- Do peer studies; it will help not to miss any important topic for General studies.
- Visit Goa state government official website to inform yourself about any latest updates.
- Update well on current affairs and general knowledge of Goa.
Recommended Books for Goa Civil Service Exam
- Economic Survey of India
- India Yearbook
- Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Lucent Publications for General Knowledge
- Geography by Majid Hussain
- Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- NCERT Books