Goa PSC Examination is conducted under the supervision of the State Government of Goa. This commission is eligible to offer several Goa PSC Recruitment’s in favor of those candidates who dream to get jobs in the government sector. This commission for recruit qualified contenders for the higher posts. Goa PSC also maintains and amends the rules of procedures related to the performance of its functions.
If you are seeking to recruit in Junior Orthopaedic Surgeon Jobs, Medical Officer, in other positions, then Goa PSC exam 2019 will be highly beneficial for you. To get recruited at the higher positions in Goa PSC exam 2019, the candidates have to follow the procedure given by the Goa Public Service Commission.
According to 1962, the Indian Parliament had given the bill the 12th Amendment Act, 1962 to the Constitution of India, under which the Territory of Goa, Daman & Diu became included within the Schedule I of the Constitution of India and turned into declaring as a Union Territory.
All their service matters, along with promotions, recruitment policies, disciplinary topics, confirmations, seniority, etc. have been controlled via the UPSC. The reservation in preferring of different categories like SC, ST, OBC, PH or CFF and so forth.
Important Dates for GOA PSC 2019
|Start date of Goa PSC Exam||12-1-2019|
|Closure date of Goa PSC Exam||25-1-2019|
Eligibility criteria for Goa PSC Exam
As per Nationality
- The interested candidates should have Indian nationality.
As per Educational Qualification
To get in the Goa PSC exam 2019, candidates must have a degree or diploma in concerned fields from a reputed university and passed senior secondary from a recognised board. Moreover, they should have knowledge of Konkani to get direct recruitment in the State of Goa.
Let’s look at the list of posts names with its eligibility criteria:
- For Assistant Professor: Must have a master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned speciality or equivalent
- For Assistant Director: Must have a post-Graduation degree in Social Welfare or Social Work or Social Service or Psychology or Sociology from a recognised University or equivalent
- For Junior ENT Surgeon: Must have a PG degree or diploma qualification in the speciality concerned
- For Scientific Assistant: Must have a post-Graduation degree in science from a recognised University in the subjects like Chemistry/Forensic Science
- For Senior Translator (Marathi): Must have a master’s Degree in Marathi from a recognised University or equivalent
- For Lecturer: Must have a Master’s Degree in Dentistry or equivalent
- For Junior Consultant: Make have a master’s degree or a post-graduate diploma, in the speciality concerned
- For Assistant Archivist Grade: Must have a 2nd division Post Graduation degree in Indian History of a recognised University or equivalent
As per Age limit
- Every candidate should have a minimum age of 18 years.
- The maximum has decided as per categories: The candidates getting into the reserve category should be careful to identify the information of maximum age limitations.
- For General category: The age should not be more than 33 years
- For ST/ SC (Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe) category: The age should not be more than 38 years
- For OBC (Other Backward Class) category: The age should not be more than 35 years
- For Ph.D.’s (Public Works Department): The age should not be more than 38 years
Admit card for Goa PSC exam 2019
To attempt the Goa Public Service Commission exam 2019, the candidates should have a admit card. The date of release of a admit card for Prelims and the Main examination will be revealed on the official website of the Goa Public Service Commission, i.e. gpsc.goa.gov.in.
The fact is candidates without admit card will not be endowed to sit in the examination hall. It should be noted that to attempt Goa PSC exam 2019, for every candidate, an admit card is mandatory.
In addition, to download the admit card, the candidates can take the help of the official website of Goa PSC. Once a candidate downloads his admit card, he should need to print out this as a hard copy is required to show it before entering into the examination hall.
Application form for GOA PSC exam 2019
Hence, it is mandatory to fill up the application form to attempt the GOA PSC exam 2019. Moreover, while filing up the application form that candidates should take care while writing about the information asked over it.
For an application form, the candidates can take the help of the Goa Public Service Commission, i.e. gpsc.goa.gov.in., from which, they can download the application form for filling up the requested information.
In brief, the candidates are supposed to write down all correct information in term of their age qualification, category, etc., else the application will be rejected. Moreover, once the application form would have been filled by the interested candidates, they should need to sign it as well.
The application fee is also mandatory to pay for all categories, else their application will consider incomplete. Moreover, the application fee of the candidates coming under categories like ST/SC/OBC/PH will be charged less application fee. Moreover, once you would get an acknowledgement of your application fee, only then your application would suppose to be completed.
Exam Pattern for Goa PSC Exam
The pattern of GOA PSC Examination 2019:
GOA PSC Examination is held in three stages:
Part 1: Preliminary Examination: The preliminary exam will be the first exam of GOA PSC Examination that would consist of 2 papers.
Paper 1: This paper will have a General Studies syllabus and carry 200 marks. The duration of this paper will be of two hours.
Paper 2: This paper will have an Arithmetic Ability syllabus and carry 200 marks. The duration of this paper will be of two hours.
Part 2: Mains Exam
The main exam is a descriptive nature exam. It will have six papers out of which two papers are based on language test English and Hindi. Each of these papers will have 100 marks. The other 4 papers will have a General Studies syllabus. Each paper will have 150 marks each with multiple-choice questions objective type.
The negative marking is also there as 1/3 marks will be deducted in case of any wrong answer. Moreover, candidates should secure minimum qualifying mark in each paper.
Part 3: Interview
The interview will be the last round to take your position in Goa PSC. This part will be conducted only after clearing the first two parts. In an interview, the candidates have to access as per their behavior, nature, questions related to their allotted subjects, etc.
The total marks allotted to interview process is 100.
It should be noted that the final result will be based on the marks contained in the interview process and Main examination.
Goa PSC Syllabus
To crack Goa PSC examination 2019, the students have to study accordingly to the syllabus allotted to them. The students should be studied according to the syllabus, else they will not able to crack this test. How to download Goa PSC syllabus 2019?
To get the Goa PSC Syllabus 2019, the students should take the help of official website gpsc.goa.gov.in The students are supposed to do the following steps to download syllabus:
- As mentioned above, open the official site of this commission, i.e. gpsc.goa.gov.in
- Then press on the “Syllabus” tab which you would find at the top menu bar of the page.
- Now choose an appropriate programmes name and tap on option like Syllabus of Goa PSC.
- Once clicked, you may be able to download the syllabus of a required course that will be shown on your computer screen.
Moreover, make sure to take the printouts of the Goa PSC Syllabus.
How to prepare to crack Goa PSC 2019 Exam
Make sure to arrange a schedule or timetable wherein you should able to study accordingly. The timetable would help to cover the whole syllabus required to crack the Goa PSC 2019 exam. Your timetable would cover all the chapters and concepts, thereby you would able to answer all your questions.
Moreover, it would better read different newspapers, current affairs magazines, and to watch the daily news. Make sure to solve previous papers, make a habit of marking the key point as well. Make your notes, thereby you would feel easy while revising at last moments. In addition, take the help of online assessment as it will be better to boost your confidence level.
In brief, self-assessment is a significant part of preparation. For this, you have to plan our studies as soon because questions can be asked from any book, therefore, don’t miss any chapter and concept. You can also take the help of your friends/senior brothers or sisters about the concepts you feel a little tough.
Hence, cracking Goa PSC is not as tough as you consider. You should take the guide of above matter and tips, only thereby you would able to crack it even at the first attempt.