GOKDOM Scholarship 2022: Directorate of Minorities under the Government of Karnataka, abbreviated as GOKDOM, works for the welfare of the minority communities to help them achieve streamlining with the mainstream citizen community and also to aid their economic growth and development. For this purpose, the state government has introduced many schemes and incentives plus scholarship grants to ensure the disbursal of scholarship scheme amount to the needy and deserving students of minority communities. The communities covered under this scheme are Christians, Muslims, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, and Parsis of Karnataka state. The central agency that looks into the functioning, implementation and coordination of these schemes is situated at Bangalore’s nodal office. Below we have provided detailed information about GOKDOM scholarships 2022, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, online application form process, application status, rewards, and the complete list of scholarships.
GOKDOM Scholarship List 2022
Under the GOKDOM scheme, scholarships are offered in variety to cater to a whole lot of needs for students and help them sail through the process of education with sustainable economic resources. This scholarship mainly covers grants, fellowship schemes, fee waiver facilities, a waiver for food and accommodation charges, maintenance allowances, etc. The list of scholarship names along with their probable application period is given below:
|Pre-Matric Scholarship||August to September||The scholarship covers tuition fee, admission fee, and maintenance allowance|
|Post-Matric Scholarship||August to September||The scholarship covers tuition fee, admission fee, and maintenance allowance|
|Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship||August to September||INR 30,000 [Scholarship grant amount]|
|National Overseas Scholarship||May to July||INR 20 lakhs per annum. This will be paid for 2 years covering course fees, cost of living, and flight charges [one-side only].|
|Scholarship for SSLC and 2nd PU students||August to September||One time incentive of INR 10,000 for SSLC students and INR 20,000 for PUC students|
|Mphil and Ph.D. Fellowship||May to June||Fellowship amount – INR 25,000 [every month]|
Contingency grant amount – INR 10,000 [per annum]
Eligibility Criteria for GOKDOM Scholarship
The two main factors of eligibility criteria put forth by the Directorate of Minorities are:
- A student should be from a minority community.
- Only students having Karnataka as their domicile region can apply, else not.
These two basic conditions are common to all scholarships. Some of the scholarship specific conditions apart from the two conditions given above are explained in this section:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|National Overseas Scholarship|
|Scholarship for SSLC and 2nd PU students|
|Mphil and Ph.D. Fellowship|
GOKDOM Scholarship Application Form
The table provided below explains the process of application for various schemes. Some schemes have to be applied purely in person, so there are offline schemes apart from the online scheme of applications. All scholarships that have linkage to centrally sponsored schemes are implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The list of scholarships and their respective portal to apply are provided below:
|Scholarship Name||Application Portal to Refer|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship||Application to be submitted though National Scholarship Portal|
|Post-Matric Scholarship||Application to be submitted though National Scholarship Portal|
|Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship||Application to be submitted though National Scholarship Portal|
|National Overseas Scholarship||Application to be submitted though GOKDOM [Offline process]|
|Scholarship for SSLC and 2nd PU students||Application to be submitted though GOKDOM ONLINE portal|
|Mphil and Ph.D. Fellowship||Application to be submitted though GOKDOM portal [Online / Offline]|
How to Apply for GOKDOM Scholarship?
- Visit the official website of GOKDOM [gokdom.kar.nic.in], to apply.
- For new visitors, registration through the ‘Student Registration Form’ is mandatory.
- In the registration form, enter basic details of the candidate like name, the class they belong to, parent’s name, domicile, address, school details, contact details, etc.
- Submit the registration form after checking for its correctness.
- After submission of the registration form, students shall receive a 5 digit OTP number, which has to be re-entered in the form for authentication.
- Log into the official website again. Use mobile number and date of birth details for validation.
- Fill up the scholarship form. Enter all the details correctly.
- Enter relevant details like bank details, academic details, parent’s income details, occupation of parents etc.
- Upload relevant documents. Also, scan and upload the school verification form without fail.
- Click on save and continue.
- Submit the form after verification.
In the case of offline submissions, the candidate needs to take a print out of the application form. Attach it with all relevant and mandatory documents and submit them at the nodal center in Bangalore.
Documents Required for GOKDOM
Below we have provided a list of documents required.
- Aadhaar card
- Verification form from an educational institution
- Income certificate with self-declaration
- Minority community certificate
- Bank account details
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photos of the candidate
Please note file should be .PDF or .jpeg. The size of the file should not go beyond 200 Kb.
GOKDOM Scholarship Renewal Procedure 2022
Below we have provided steps for renewal of this scholarship
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Apply for Renewal” tab.
- Log into the website with previous year registration ID and date of birth details.
- Check and edit already existing information.
- Enter new renewal details.
- Submit renewal form after through verification
GOKDOM – Contact Details
In case of any queries, contact the directorate of minorities at the address provided below:
Address: Directorate of Minorities, 20th and 21st floor, VV Towers, Dr. B R Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001
Helpline Number: 08022535900
E-mail: [email protected]