Good Friend Essay: The qualities of a good friend are loving, caring, understanding and loyal in all situations. True friendship is free of any sort of judgement or bias in relationships. A good friend is a confidant with whom we can share our joys, sorrows and problems with an open mind.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Essay on a Good Friend 500 Words in English
Below we have provided a Good Friend Essay in English, written in easy and simple words for class 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students.
A good friend is a person difficult to find and irresistible when found. They possess the most significant traits, like love, compassion, honesty, and compatibility. We are always known by the kind of people we are surrounded. Therefore, having a good friend is a blessing that God has bestowed upon us. In the times where materialism is on the rise, having a good friend is scarce. If we go back in history, we will witness real and robust friendships which helped in invasions and fighting wars. For instance, Freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev were real friends who stood for each other and did not give up until the end. They not only had deep understanding but profound respect for each other’s differences and similarities.
Qualities of a Good Friend
It is tricky to peg down the exceptional qualities of a good friend because it’s subjective and depends upon people’s personality.
- Attentive and a good listener: not only mere listening but careful listening is crucial to sympathise and understand the crisis the other person is going through. We need someone when we are having a problem or a bad day to appease us. That is the time a good friend comes into the picture who cautiously listens to us and attends our needs at that time.
- Trustworthy: whether it a fight with a sibling, a secret crush or trouble in school or home, a good friend is someone we can rely on and share everything without any fear of disclosure from his/her end. Their lips are sealed unless we face any danger. Thus, trait allows us to communicate our intimate thoughts, feelings and experiences freely.
- Caring: Taking care of our small needs like buying favourite crisps, coffee, chocolate, hugging or teasing a caring friend is anxious about our state of mind and wants to offer help to overcome and bring back the smile. The health and well-being of one another are vital to them.
- Non-Judgemental: Accepting differences is pivotal in friendship as the relationship needs to sustain in the long run. They don’t judge but aid in overcoming mistakes and push us to do better than dwell on our shortcomings.
- Humorous: A good friend handles a worse situation by passing funny but non-offensive remarks. They make us laugh and uplift our lousy mood and ensure that the smile is present always on the face.
- Forgiving: There is no punishment and reward game. Mistakes are forgiven and left in the past. They do not hold grudges and has the heart to absolve from any fault.
- Supportive: In dreadful conditions, they shield us from errors and problems by being supportive. The evils like jealousy, bitterness and hatred don’t exist; in fact, they celebrate our victories and suggest improvements in our losses.
- Loyal: We don’t need a traitor who goes on spreading bad things behind our back and talk sweetly in front of us. Loyalty is a trait that we seek in our friendship since the time it is formed. A good friend will never spill the secrets or criticise us once our backs are turned.
- Empathy: It is a trait which is rare and found in few. It is the ability to put oneself in other’s shoes to comprehend their feelings and then react or respond accordingly. Sometimes, we are unable to convey what we feel and want others to understand, that is the time the excellent friend plays a crucial role in empathising and then reciprocate wisely.
- Positive attitude: A peer group defines the kind of energy we resonate in society and our attitude towards life. Being positive at all times is the most prominent trait a good friend possesses. They won’t dishearten easily but be positive in every situation. Whether it is scoring low grades in the exam or failing in a competition, the ray of hope always lingers in their heart and mind.
Depending upon our behaviour, some may have a more natural way to establish and, maintain a friendship for lifelong. At the same time, few of us crave for a closer bond or try relentlessly to figure out why an existing one fizzled out. It is easy to judge others rather than the following empathy.
We must remember that relationships are formed on mutual interactions, trust, care and love. For our friendship to endure, it is essential to examine our contribution and behaviour. Moreover, it is mandatory to cultivate a healthy relationship and lasting friendship by changing our traits and habits for good. Having someone that we get along is limited and therefore needs to be cherished for life.
Short Essay on a Good Friend
The popular proverb- “A friend in need is a friend indeed” applies to a friend who attends someone when they are in need or trouble. Friend plays a significant role in any individuals life as they are referred to as the pearls of life. Out of many, only a few friends possess qualities like love, care and loyalty in a friendship because they comprehend the meaning of friendship in real sense. They understand that an association needs to be developed over a period of time by accepting the similarities and working on the differences. It needs to be cherished and nurtured for life.
The most crucial trait they possess is to be a good listener. The friendship is shallow if they do not confide in you if they do not listen to your losses and victories. A genuine sympathy is all that a person needs from a friend. Therefore, the quality of compassion is essential to face the crisis their friends are suffering. It is the cornerstone of any relationship, especially friendship. Good friends need to be trustworthy so that secrets can be revealed without having fear or inhibitions. There should not be a room left for betrayal in friendship which will later question the relationship one share.
A good friend is always supportive of whatever fair decisions their friends take. No matter the situation, they need to stand behind them like solid pillars to face any situation that arises. There are several types of friends: social workers, co-workers, schoolmates, college buddies and much more. Each one has its significance and is helpful in one way or another. There is no concrete definition of a good friend as it is subjective and based on different personalities. Nonetheless, a good friend should be treasured and cared for life.
10 Lines on a Good Friend in English
- A good friend is the one who is ready to provide help in any situation.
- They share a powerful bond of trust, support, love and care.
- Friendship is also considered to be a self-less bond based on mutual trust and understanding.
- A good friend praises compliments in public and criticises in private.
- It is the gift of God that offer support and loyalty in our lives.
- Many times, people do not have a family to look after, so a friend acts as a family to fill the void.
- One can share problems, secrets and happiness with a loyal friend without any fear.
- Good friends are always together and intact no matter what the condition is.
- True friendship is also visible among animals in wildlife when they help each other.
- Having a true friend is a priceless possession which needs to be cherished forever.