Essay on Good Habits: Good habits are the key to a happy and successful life. They become part and parcel of our everyday routine. Good habits like getting up early, going to bed early, having meals on time, respecting elders, offering prayers and maintaining personal and external hygiene goes a long way in instilling a disciplined and enriched life. Children must be taught good habits right from childhood days. A healthy life can be achieved if we follow good habits regularly.
Essay on Good Habits 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Good Habits Essay in English, suitable for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 school students.
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”. These are the iconic opening lines of an incredibly familiar rhyme for children, which all of us have grown up hearing or singing or reading. Those lines are not just jingles, in any case. They are incredibly useful because they remind us how important good habits are. The secret to success is healthy habits. An individual cannot grow intellectually, morally or physically without good habits.
Healthy habits form our lives and our behaviours. They instil discipline and order in our lives and lead us on the path to success and achievement. Existence of a man is a bundle of habits. The behaviours determine the character and temperament of an individual. Habits are easy to form, but only with great difficulty can be cast off. This is one of human nature’s laws. Good habits can be formed only by successfully resisting temptation.
List of Important Good Habits
- Disciplined Daily Schedule: It is a very healthy and essential practice to keep a decent schedule in our everyday lives. Where possible, one can eat nutritious food frequently in 3 to 4 meals per day, drink lots of water and sustain a fitness routine such as walking or jogging or running. This routine keeps the body balanced and maintains a healthy body, which is the secret to a healthier mind. .
- Honesty and Truthfulness: Honesty in everybody’s lives is an indispensable good habit since it is the shaping factor of the character of human beings. Honesty can be inculcated in many ways by speaking the facts, acknowledging flaws, recognizing and correcting faults, by refraining from defamation, through self-analysis and enhancement in oneself.
- Hard Work: In today’s competitive world, one has to be sincere and challenging at work to be successful in every aspect of life. Without perseverance, hard work is incomplete. The goal should be to excel, to show one’s best output and to do the best work. Whether in studies or jobs, industriousness and sincerity are the best habits a human can cultivate.
- Punctuality: Punctuality is the next best practice required for success in life. In every sphere of existence, this is essential. A timely person is often on schedule, at the time of arrival and departure or under time limits. Timeliness instils confidence in us as it evokes empathy and bears testimony to the person’s interest and integrity in work.
- Respecting Others: Regardless of age, we must learn to value others. Moreover, what we offer undoubtedly returns. Others will respect us if we respect others. In the right times, we must always be humble enough to say ” thank you and sorry.”
- Cleaning up the Mess: The area in which we live must be kept clean. It is also a good habit to keep our environment clean. If the place is a mess, in critical times, it is hard to find anything.
- Sharing: We must share things, one of the essential good habits so that others do not feel left behind.
Good habits are highly significant. For prosperity, peace of mind and for establishing a better world, they are essential. Positive behaviour contributes to self-development, culture, the environment, the country and finally, the whole planet. Healthy and good habits in today’s date are much important.