GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be verified by the candidates before applying for the written test. GPAT eligibility criteria are formulated by the National Testing Agency (NTA). GPAT is a national level entrance examination administered once a year. Candidates qualifying in this exam shall be given admission in the M.Pharma programmes. In this article, the essential details regarding the GPAT eligibility criteria 2021 are enclosed.
GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is certain for the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria given for the GPAT entrance examination. Candidates are supposed to thoroughly look into the eligibility criteria without missing any detail and then move to the registration process. If the applying candidate is unfit in the further stages of admission, the candidate shall be disqualified from the admission process. In the below section, the fundamental eligibility requirements are specified:
- Nationality of the candidates applying for GPAT 2021 must be Indian.
- No particular upper or lower limit age is designated for applying to GPAT 2021 exam.
- Candidate must have cleared his 10th and 12th standard or its equivalent examination from a sanctioned board or university.
- Candidate must have finished a duration of 4 years of UG degree in Pharmacy (including lateral entry candidates) to be able to apply for GPAT 2021.
- Candidates studying in their final year of B.Pharma degree can apply.
- Those studying between 1st to 3rd year in B.Pharma cannot apply.
- Candidates holding a B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology) or its equivalent cannot apply.
Eligibility for Scribe/Reader
The reader/scribe must satisfy the subsequent eligibility conditions:
- Candidate must not have attained 19 years of age as on 27th January 2021.
- The scribe must not be a tutor or preparing for the test.
- Must not be an acquaintance, i.e. friend or family.
- Must hold an academic qualification lower than the exam appearing candidate.
Note: The scribe is supposed to submit the age certificate at the designated test centre. If the above conditions are not satisfied, then the scribe shall not be allowed to support the candidate.
GPAT 2021 Registration
GPAT 2021 registration is possible through online mode. GPAT application form filling process has already begun from 23rd December 2020. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before registering themselves. The scanned photograph of the candidate and signature must be uploaded in the application form.
The deadline announced by the authority for online registration is till 30th January 2021. All the details in the form must be entered carefully as no correction facility shall be provided post deadline of form submission. The printouts of the filled form can be taken for future usage.
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The GPAT 2021 exam pattern enlists the type of question that shall be asked in the question paper, i.e. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The question paper medium is in English language only. The exam duration of the paper is 3 hours. The question paper contains 125 questions set for a total of 500 marks. The marking scheme of GPAT 2021 denotes that for every correct response 4 marks are allocated, and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark shall be reduced.
Candidates meeting the GPAT 2021 eligibility criteria can apply for the entrance test of GPAT 2021. If any candidate is found to have failed the eligibility criteria during the verification of documents, then that candidate shall be disqualified from the admission process.