GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern enlists all the necessary details related to the entrance exam such as syllabus, marking scheme, no. of questions, question type and subjects. GPAT, a national level entrance test is administered once in a year to grant admission to candidates into several private and government pharmacy institutes. GPAT exam pattern shall be published by the authority with which candidates can prepare well and secure high marks in the entrance exam. In this article, all the comprehensive specifications related to the GPAT exam pattern 2021 are thoroughly discussed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
As soon as the official authorities release the exam pattern, it can be viewed by the exam appearing candidates on the website. The following details are regarding the exam pattern of GPAT 2021 with which candidates can prepare accordingly:
- GPAT 2021 entrance exam shall be supervised through a computer-based online test in a single session.
- The exam paper is composed of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
- There shall be 125 questions in the question paper carrying a total of 500 marks.
- The time duration provided for the candidates to solve the paper is 3 hours.
- The question paper medium is English
- 4 marks are allocated for each of the questions.
- 1 mark is reduced for every wrong answer.
Exam Pattern of the entrance exam is disclosed below:
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
GPAT 2021 Marking Scheme
The entire details related to the marking scheme of GPAT 2021 are furnished in the below section:
- The question paper is set for 500 marks wherein each question carries 4 marks.
- Negative marking is present in this exam, and one mark shall be reduced for every wrong answer.
- No marks shall be allotted for unattempted question.
- If a candidate marks more than one answer for a single question, then that question shall be provided with a negative mark.
|For correct response||+4|
|For incorrect response||-1|
|No attempt of question||0|
GPAT 2021 Syllabus
GPAT 2021 Syllabus is formulated by the exam conducting authority of GPAT. The question paper is made up of questions from several subject topics. Those subjects from which the questions shall be framed are:
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical Pharmacy
- Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – Inorganic chemistry and Medicinal chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy
GPAT 2021 Preparation Tips
In order to prepare well, here are some tips and tricks for the candidates appearing for the GPAT 2021 exam:
- Note down the complete exam pattern and syllabus without missing any detail before constructing a study schedule.
- Do not deviate from the syllabus and utilise time efficiently.
- Previous year question papers and sample test papers are available in several online platforms that can be downloaded and solved regularly.
- Challenging topics must be concentrated first, in case of any doubts, seek the help of online resources, and study only from recommended books.
- Jot down important concepts in the form of short notes to revise at the end of the day.
- Too much stress can affect both physical and mental health. Hence practice yoga and meditation every day.
- Avoid taking outside food and consume only balanced healthy diet.