GPAT 2021: The full form of GPAT is Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) once in a year for admission to various M. Pharma or its equivalent courses across the country. Nearly 24000 seats are available in 841 participating pharmacy institutions. Candidates on clearing this national level examination can get admission to these institutions. All information related to GPAT 2021 is discussed in this article.
GPAT 2021 Exam Dates
The important exam dates are listed below:
|Submission of application form||Last week of November 2020|
|Deadline for submission of application form||1st week of December 2020|
|Deadline for successful transaction of fee||2nd week of December 2020|
|Preferred choice of city||Till 2nd week of December 2020|
|Release of Admit card||Last week of December 2020|
|Examination Date||Last week of January 2021|
|Result Announcement||1st week of February 2021|
GPAT 2021 Application Form
The GPAT 2021 application form details are given below:
- Candidates can access the application form through online mode only.
- Candidate can submit only one application, and more than one shall be rejected.
- Keep scanned photograph and signature ready during the application filling process.
- The application form cannot be corrected once submitted; hence, fill it carefully.
- The hard copy is not required to be sent to the authority.
- Kindly take multiple printouts of the application fee receipt.
Candidates can make the application fee payment via online mode by means of debit or credit card or net banking method. Candidates can also pay by offline mode through SBI Bank Challan method.
|Category||For Boys||For Girls|
|General/ OBC (NCL)/Gen-EWS||Rs.1600||Rs.800|
|ST/SC/ Transgender /PwD||Rs.800||Rs.800|
GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria laid by the authority before proceeding to the exam process. Kindly go through it:
- Nationality of the candidate must be Indian.
- Candidates irrespective of any age can appear for the exam.
- The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, i.e. 4-years after 10+2, including lateral entry students or equivalent degree from an authorized university.
- Candidates currently appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree B. Pharmacy (10+2+4) exam for the academic year 2021-22 can also appear for the exam.
- B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent course pursuing candidates are not eligible to register for the exam.
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Kindly look into the exam pattern of GPAT 2021 and prepare accordingly:
- The exam shall be organized through online mode.
- The question paper consists of 125 multiple choice questions in English
- Candidates must finish the exam in 3 hours.
- The question paper shall be set for a total of 100 marks.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks shall be granted, and for every wrong answer, 1 mark shall be reduced.
GPAT 2021 Syllabus
The authority shall provide the entire syllabus, including the information brochure. Some of the topics included in the syllabus are listed below:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Physical Pharmacy
- Physical Chemistry
GPAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- Put a timetable accommodating all the syllabus, subject wise and stick to it.
- Consider studying only the prescribed author’s study material.
- Refer to Online material in addition to your books.
- Take small breaks in between your schedule to freshen your mind.
- Maintain a balanced healthy diet.
- Practice pranayama and yoga every day.
- Maintain an 8-hour sleep cycle.
GPAT 2021 Admit Card
The instructions on the admit card must be followed by the candidates. The admit card obtained from the NTA’s website must be brought on the examination day. The candidate shall not be let inside the examination hall, without the admit card. A passport size photograph (same as one used for the Online Application Form) and any of the photo IDs such as PAN card/ Driving License/ Passport/ Voter ID/ Ration Card/Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ PwD certificate granted by the authorized medical officer(claiming the mitigation under PwD category) must be brought for the examination.
GPAT 2021 Answer Key
The answer key & Question Paper shall be released on the NTA’s website a few days after the exam. The candidates having any objections can raise against the preliminary answer key by filling an application form. The amount for the application form is Rs 1000 and can be paid the same using credit card/debit/net banking. The NTA’s final verdict regarding the objections must be accepted by all.
GPAT 2021 Result
The GPAT 2021 Result announcement shall be made in the first week of February 2021 in the form of a scorecard. The result shall be based on the final answer key. Over 800 participating college shall consider GPAT score. Candidates can obtain admission in their preferred Institute from these participating colleges with their GPAT Score 2021.
GPAT 2021 Score Card
GPAT 2021 scorecard can be accessed by the candidates through online mode. The aggregate score of the candidates will be present in the scorecard. For GPAT result estimation, the authorities shall take this mark into account. Revaluation/Rechecking is not possible. The scorecard shall not be sent to the candidates through the post so, they can obtain their scorecards via the website.
GPAT 2021 Merit List
Based on the scores and rank secured by the candidates, the merit list shall be processed by the authorities and the same shall be published on the website in the third week of February 2021. The final All India merit list shall consist of rank, the aggregate score, roll number, qualifying status and other details. The merit list can be availed in the third week of February 2021 through online mode. Tie-breaking criteria shall be availed by the officials when two candidates secure the same mark.
GPAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates must apply to their desired university among the participating institutes. Cut off may vary depending on the university. Candidates meeting the cut off criteria set by the university can apply for admission. Candidates are recommended to research about the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT-2021. Do not forget to carry the original documents with the admission letter for admission.