Gujarat Public Service Commission also termed as GPSC invites applications to select the eligible candidates from the state of Gujarat and other states as well to post them into various administrative departments in Gujarat like Section Officer, Assistant Director, etc. Those candidates seeking to get appointed in the government sectors should apply for the same.
There is a particular process declared by the Gujarat Public Service Commission which should be fulfilled before get appointed in administrative departments. It is recommended to read the official advertisement from the official website of Gujarat Public Service Commission i.e. gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. Information about Gujarat Civil Services Exam 2019 such as Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, admit card, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Result etc. can be read in the article below.
GPSC Exam 2019 Important Dates
|Starting Date for GPSC Apply Online||15-12-2018|
|Last Date to Apply Online for GPSC & Fee Payment||31-12-2018|
|Tentative Date for Preliminary Test||17-03-2019|
|Tentative month for Preliminary Test Result||June 2019|
|Tentative month for Interview||August 2019|
|Final result of GPSC exam 2019||After 10 days of an interview|
As per Nationality
- The candidate must be a citizen of India. Moreover, to take reservation benefits, he must be domicile of Gujarat.
As per Age
Age to apply for GPSC exam 2019 should be between 20 – 35 years. Moreover, the applicants of the reserved category have given the suitable relaxation in their upper age as per the rule:
- For ST or SC category applicants, the relaxation would be of 5 years.
- For OBC category applicants, the relaxation would be of 3 years.
- For General women, the relaxation would be of 5 years.
- For women coming in reserved quota, the relaxation would be of 10 years.
As per Educational Qualification
The interested candidates must have a postgraduate degree with at least 55% of the marks in any field. Moreover, the required degrees are from any of the University incorporated by an Act of the State or Central.
- The qualified candidate must have adequate knowledge of Hindi, English, and Gujarati.
- The eligible candidate should have basic knowledge or diploma in Computer Application.
It should be noted that to qualify Gujarat Public Service Commission exam 2019, the candidates can attempt for unlimited time. It means until you get succeed for the Gujarat Public Service Commission exam, you can try.
Gujarat Civil Services 2019 Exam Application Form Details
Filling up the application form will be the first step to become a GPSC officer. The candidates interested for the same should fill up the application form for the same. It is suggested to all candidates to carefully must read the instructions. Only online mode is recommended to fill up the application form of GPSC 2019.
The candidates looking to fill up through offline mode will not become eligible to get their admit card. Moreover, candidates will have to write all the necessary details in the application form. Once done, they have to check it twice because the wrong submission of details would bear by candidates only. In the end, candidates need to upload their scanned photo and signature.
Once done with the application form, the next step would be to pay the application fee. The application fee varies as per categories. For General category, the application fee is Rs. 100 only.
For candidates coming in ExSM, Reserved Category of Gujarat State & applicants who are physically disabled, there is no application fee.
Moreover, net banking is recommended mode to pay for your application fee. Only the successful submission of application fee will consider your application form for the further process.
The official website to fill up GPSC application is https://gpsc.gujarat.gov.in/
GPSC Admit card 2019
To attempt the Gujarat Public Service Commission 2019 exam, having admitted card is mandatory for all. The students can get the admit card after successful filling up their application form.
It will be an ideal step if they would download their admit card before at least two weeks because sometimes, something has written wrong over it. Moreover, after the successful submission of the application form for GPSC, candidates will become eligible to get their admit card.
- The admit card will be available on the official web portal of the GPSC.
- At the time of the commencement of the exam, applicants need to take the admit card with them else he will become unable to attempt for the same.
- Candidates will get separate admit card for the preliminary and main examination. Therefore, they would need to download both before the examinations.
- Candidates can download the admit card and might take the printout of the same. Moreover, it will best to have the hard copy of your admit card.
- Candidates will find the information about the date, timing, time length and the venue of the examination on their admit card.
Moreover, they should their admit card properly and in case, they found an error, kindly concern soon.
GPSC Exam Pattern
GPSC exam 2019 will come in a particular pattern. The students going to give GPSC exam 2019 should aware about the exam pattern, whereby they can learn for the same accordingly. The students should need to attempt three exams to clear GPSC 2019 examination.
Exams conducted by GPSC are as follows
1. The Preliminary examination
2. Main examination
3. The Personality Test (Interview)
The preliminary examination will be the first exam of GPSC. It will be 500 marks. It will have 3 question papers. First will be Verbal Skill Gujrati & Verbal Skill English that will have 150 marks and will be completed in 90 minutes.
The second will be Quantitative Skill & Test of reasoning (Non-Quantitative) that will have 150 marks and will be completed in 90 minutes.
The third will be General Studies that will have 200 marks and should complete within 2 hours. It should be noted that the preliminary exam is mandatory to clear although its marks will not be counted while declaring the final results.
Main exams will be the second round to become GPSC officer. It is a compulsory exam and its total will get counted along with the marks obtained in the interview round. It will be 900 marks. It will have 5 question papers.
First will be Gujarati (Descriptive) that will allot with 200 marks and duration will be 3 hours. The second question paper will contain English (Descriptive) subject, the marks allotted to it is 100 only which needs to complete within 3 hours only.
Apart from these two, there will be Optional Paper (Descriptive paper) that will have 200 marks and 3 hours duration. The last 2 exams are named as General Studies-I (Objective) and General Studies-II (Objective). Both will of 200 marks and 100 minutes duration.
Once get qualified for the Main examination, the students get eligible for the interview round. A board appointed by the GPSC will assess the applicants’ personality and skill and suitability for the job. The total marks given to interview level are 100 only. Hence, the marks obtained in the Main examination and interview will consider the final results.
It should be noted that the question Paper would be of the objective type (Multiple selection questions) and questions shall be of a Degree level. Moreover, the blind candidates would allow an additional time of 15 minutes for a paper I to II and 20 minutes for paper III. All other categories, duration will be the same.
GPSC Exam Syllabus
To check for the syllabus, the candidates should take the help of the official web portal of GPSC i.e. gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. The syllabus mentioned in it is enough to clear the GPSC exam 2019. The students need to consider all syllabus as exams will be from any chapter or concept.
How to get qualified for GPSC?
To get qualified for GPSC exam 2019 is not a difficult task. For this, interested candidates have to focus on the following tips:
- Concentrate on current affairs. Make sure to read the newspaper, magazines on a daily basis.
- Solve as many mocks test as well as previous year question papers as you can. This will become confident.
- Make sure to have strategies to study. For this, you must have a timetable, thereby you can study accordingly to your own tactics.
- Be deterministic regarding your objectives to clear the examination
- Keep revising each subject until you grabbed it properly. Make sure to revise as more as you can
- To study General knowledge, don’t only rely on the syllabus only, for this, you should daily read the newspaper
- Make sure to concentrate on self-study as much as you can rather than depending on the coaching centres.
- Never try to cram any concept, else you would become unable to clear the exam
Hence, take the help of the above article to know thoroughly about the Gujarat Public Service Commission exam 2019. If you need more information for the same, kindly put your query in the below-mentioned comment box.