GPSC 2021: The State Commission of Gujarat popularly called the GPSC [Gujarat Public Service Commission] conducts examination for recruiting eligible candidates for the class 1, 2 and 3 positions currently available in their state cadre. The GPSC is slated to put up notification for this year’s vacancies, and the total number of estimated vacancies stands at 1716 posts. This article gives detail information about Gujrat Civil Services Exam 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and more.
GPSC 2021 Exam Date
|Release of Official Notification||January 2021|
|Last date to submit Application Form||February 2021|
|Issuing of Admit Card||Will be updated later|
|GPSC Exam Date 2021||Will be updated later|
|Declaration of Results||Will be updated later|
GPSC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
In this section, we discuss eligibility criteria based on nationality, academic qualifications, age limits, relaxation allowed in age and number of attempts that can be made.
- Nationality: Candidate must be the citizen of India. For interstate candidates, the application is subjected to a list of conditions.
- Education Qualification: Minimum qualification required is a graduate degree from recognised university of India. Candidates who have achieved any other qualification equivalent to 3-years bachelor degree program are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates between 20 and 35 years of age are eligible to apply.
- Age Relaxation: Different categories are prescribed different age relaxation norms and the same has been enlisted below:
- Age reservation is applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Economically weaker sections of Gujarat state alone.
- Female candidates belonging to Reserved Categories, there is an upper age limit relaxation up to ten years, and the maximum age for attempting the exam is till 45 years.
- Female candidates of General Category, there is an upper age limit relaxation up to five years, and the maximum age for attempting the exam is till 45 years.
- Candidates in the Physically Disabled Category, there is an upper age limit relaxation up to ten years.
GPSC 2021 Application Form
Follow these steps to fill up the Gujarat Public Services Commission Exam Application Form 2021:
- Visit the official website – gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
- Traverse to the “Apply Online” section on the homepage and click on the tab.
- Check for the relevant exam link corresponding to your application and click on it.
- Application form containing Part -I shall be displayed. Enter all your personal details here.
- Cross checks for accuracy of data entered and submit the form. The reference ID obtained after successful submission should be maintained for future references.
- In Part -II of the application form, please upload a scanned photograph, scanned signature of candidate and also proceed to pay the requisite exam fee.
- All details entered must be thoroughly checked. Data cannot be manipulated or edited after form submission.
- Take a hard copy print out of the application form and preserve it for all future references.
The following table enlists the applicable fee according to various categories:
|General Category and OBC||INR 100|
|SC/ST categories||No Fees|
|Socially and Economically Backward Classes of Gujarat state||No Fees|
|Physically Disabled Candidates||No Fees|
Mode of Remitting Fees
Fees for GPSC 2021 can be remitted in both ONLINE as well as OFFLINE modes. Fee remitted through any other means such as cheques/ Demand Drafts/ Indian Postal orders shall duly be subjected to rejection.
- For Online Mode, candidates can make use of Internet Banking facilities/ Credit card/ Debit card etc. to make an online payment.
- For Offline Mode, candidates can remit applicable fee at any government recognised Post Office branches and obtain a challan acknowledgement for the payment. Enter the challan number in the relevant space in the application form and submit.
GPSC 2021 Admit Card
All candidates have to download their admit card from the official website. The admit card is a very valuable document, and it contains all crucial information with respect to the candidate in terms of his name, personal address, contact details, exam registration number, exam centre, venue name and address, exam date and timings. All candidates are advised to keep additional hard copies of the admit card. Only those candidates who have valid admit card with them are allowed to appear for the examination. Follow these steps to download the GPSC Admit Card 2021 from their official website:
- Visit the official website – gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
- Traverse to the link that will allow you to download the admit card for GPSC 2021.
- Enter personal details like registration number, date of birth, name, captcha code and other details if required.
- Upon validation, kindly download the admit card and take a hard copy print out for taking it to the exam hall.
- Go through all details provided in the admit card and if there is any discrepancy found, kindly contact the concerned person immediately. Helpline numbers shall be provided on the official website.
GPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
Gujarat Civil Services Exam is conducted in three phases – Prelims, Mains and Personal Interview
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Preliminary Exam consists of two papers – General Studies-I and General Studies-II.
- Each paper carries 200 marks are conducted for 2 hours.
- Papers are of Objective Type.
|General Studies-I||2 Hrs||200|
|General Studies-II||2 Hrs||200|
Mains Exam Pattern
- Only those candidates who successfully clear the preliminary round with requisite marks can attempt the main round of exam.
- GPSC Mains Exam consists of 6 Papers. Papers are of Descriptive Type.
- The breakup of papers is as follows – 3 papers of General Studies, a paper on Gujarati Language and English Language respectively and an Essay paper.
- Total marks of Mains exam is 900, each paper is allocated 150 marks and carried out for 3 hours each.
|General Gujarati Language||3 Hrs||150|
|General English||3 Hrs||150|
|Essay paper||3 Hrs||150|
|General Studies-I||3 Hrs||150|
|General Studies-II||3 Hrs||150|
|General Studies-III||3 Hrs||150|
- All students whose scores are above the cut off marks prescribed in the official notification shall be called in for the interview round.
- The comprehensive marks obtained by the candidate in the mains round and the personal interview round shall be considered for final rank listing.
- Interview is conducted for 100 marks only.
- Total comprehensive marks including both mains round and interview come to 1000 marks.
GPSC 2021 Syllabus
The official notification of GPSC 2021 contains the detailed syllabus for Prelims, Mains and Interview round. You can download detailed syllabus in PDF format from our website too. Here in this section, we have provided the brief syllabus which candidates need to work on, without fail:
The two objective papers of GPSC Prelims 2021 are General Studies-I and General Studies-II. The brief syllabus of both papers is enlisted below:
General Studies – I
- History of India
- Cultural heritage of our country
- Indian constitution
- Policy making aspects of Indian Judiciary
- Social Economic order in India.
- Indian national and international trade relations and commerce.
General Studies – II
- Indian economy and agriculture
- Indian geography
- Planning commission of India.
- Latest technological developments and contribution to science.
- Current affairs related to local, national and international importance.
GPSC 2021 Mains Exam consists of 6 papers. The detailed syllabus for the mains examination is given below.
- General Studies I – Indian history, geographical studies, Indian cultural relations with other countries.
- General Studies II – Indian administration and policy making, Public instruction, bureaucracy and governance, civil and public affairs.
- General Studies III– Science and Technology, Indian planning commission, Indian economy and agriculture, current affairs of local, national and international importance.
- Gujarati Language – Focus on the grammatical aspect of the language and give special attention to essay topics, comprehension, translation, passage writing and other descriptive typed of sections.
- English Language – Learn letter writing, comprehension, passage writing, report writing, translation.
- Essay Paper – Focus on topics that are currently in trend from socio economic developments, environment and civil related matters, general awareness topics and political interests.
There is no prescribed syllabus for the Personal Interview, but in general, candidates have to keep in mind to adhere to the following points:
- Keep an eye on the latest socio political and economic developments in the country and base your arguments based on true facts.
- Healthy interaction and participation with peers in group discussion rounds are essential elements.
- Have good knowledge in basics of core subjects.
- Expression of thoughts and articulation of ideas with good organisation is a key factor.
- Good communication skills with a pleasing personality and interpersonal skill development also help candidates in successfully clearing the interview round.
GPSC 2021 Answer Keys
- Answer keys are nothing but the correct answer booklet for all the questions that appeared in the Gujarat Civil Services Exam.
- GPSC releases two answer keys – Provisional and Final answer keys in PDF formats.
- Candidates can verify their answers against the GPSC provided answer keys.
- By roughly estimating the number of correct entries, candidates would be able to guess their approximate scores.
- All results shall be declared by keeping the final answer keys as the reference document.
GPSC 2021 Result
- Gujarat Civil Services declares separate results for all three phases of the exam – prelims, mains and interview round.
- The result declared after the interview round provides the final scores and ranking of the candidate.
- GPSC 2021 result shall be made available in the ONLINE mode on the official website in PDF format.
- Candidates who successfully clear all three stages by scoring above the cut off range shall be eligible for induction into the services.
- All candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in GPSC Mains 2021 shall be eligible for personality interview round.
- The comprehensive combined marks of GPSC Mains + Interview Round shall award the final scores and ranking to the candidate.
GPSC 2021 Cut Off
Gujarat PSC 2021 publishes the cut off marks right after the display of final results. Some points to be noted are:
- Cut off marks are not common every year, they keep varying from year to year.
- Depending on a number of factors like seat vacancies, number of applicants, number of candidates attempting the exam, competitive level for the current year and toughness of questions, the cut off marks are decided by the GPSC.
- Different categories are awarded with different cut off marks.
- Candidates can log into the official website after result declaration to find out about the exact cut off marks for Gujarat Civil Services 2021.
GPSC 2021 Exam Centres
Gujarat Civil Services 2021 would be conducted in the following exam centres. Details regarding exam centre name, location and address shall be provided in the admit card of the candidate. Check the list below:
GPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates are encouraged to strategize and plan accordingly before they begin preparation for the exams. Here we present a few useful tips that will go a long way in helping students to achieve high scores in the exam:
- Candidates are strictly encouraged to learn fundamental of all subjects by referring to Gujarat state syllabus textbooks, especially for English, general science, and social science books.
- Understand the syllabus of prelims and mains completely.
- Point to point preparation by going through every topic in detail is not recommended for GPSC papers.
- Ideally, choosing the most important questions under each topic would be more suitable.
- Get creative when it comes to Gujarati and English language papers.
- Learn the latest initiatives taken by the government for citizens by regularly referring to ‘The Hindu’ newspaper.
- NCERT Textbooks are a must.
- Take coaching classes and refer to online guidance videos.
- Good command in the Gujarati language a must.
- Subject papers may be answered in English/Gujarati languages, but the English language is recommended for ease of understanding.