Who doesn’t know the most popular bank in the private sector today? Housing Development Finance Corporation is not just into banking and allied services, but also offers various programs that help society at large. As part of the initiative launched by HDFC, the ECSS or Educational crisis scholarship support program intends to offer financial aid to deserving students. Scholarships range from class 6th till post-graduation. These scholarships are fabricated keeping the economically disadvantaged classes of India in mind.
This article deals with HDFC scholarship in complete detail. We discuss various parameters of HDFC scholarships with respect to their important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, documentation required, selection process, terms and conditions attached with a scholarship offer, renewal procedure, rewards and benefits given away to selected students, FAQs and contact details.
HDFC Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Housing Development Finance Corporation|
|Scholarship Name||HDFC Scholarship|
|Help desk No||022 30751030|
HDFC Scholarship – Key Dates
Usually, around the months of July or August, the online applications for HDFC scholarships shall be open. Readers should, however, note that the dates indicated below are just tentative and every year they are left to the discretion of HDFC scholarship authorities to decide.
|Important event||Dates to remember|
|Duration of application on the official website||Between the first week of July to mid of August 2020|
|Declaration of result||Around last week of September 2020|
|Offer of scholarship amount||By last week of October 2020|
HDFC Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should fulfill these conditions in order to apply for HDFC scholarships. IF a candidate is found to be non-qualifying in these conditions, then he/she should resent from applying further. Take a look at the important criteria specified below:
- Candidate should be studying in classes from 6th to 12th at the school level.
- Candidate should be studying in government or government-recognized private institutions only
- For candidates pursuing higher education, they could be studying UG/PG degrees or diploma courses, either full time or part time.
- Candidates doing higher studies should pursue their education from colleges or universities that are AICTE or UGC recognized or duly recognized by the state or central authorities.
- HDFC scholarships support students who have a financial crisis and have obstacles in completing their education. Students who have personal or family problems forcing them to discontinue their studies are encouraged to apply. They will get the highest priority in attaining this scholarship.
HDFC Scholarship – Application Process
The official website through which candidates need to apply for HDFC scholarships is called the HDFC ECSS portal. Below, we present a detailed step-wise procedure to apply for HDFC scholarships.
- Visit the official portal of HDFC ECSS.
- Traverse through the portal and click on “Apply now.”
- Read through all the information and guidelines presented for students before filling up the form.
- Fill up the application form correctly and upload required documents along with it.
- Submit the application form.
Key Documents Required For HDFC Scholarship
All applications should be supported by valid documents that validate the student’s candidature. Here is the list of documents to be presented:
- Mark sheets of the last examination passed.
- Class 10th/ 12th mark sheets
- Address proof of the candidate
- Letter from a medical practitioner if the candidate is suffering from any illness
- Income certificate of parents
- Verification form should be signed by the head of the educational institution where he/she is studying
- Salary slip of candidate [ if applicable]
HDFC Scholarship Selection Process
As the name suggests, HDFC offers scholarships to those students who have suffered any personal or financial crisis in their lives, which may hinder them from continuing their education. Some of these parameters are listed below, and the relevant documents that should be submitted as proof are listed alongside in the table presented below:
|List of a probable crisis on whose basis selection would be made||Documents required to be presented as proof|
|Death of primary earning member in the family||Death certificate from concerned authorities and a copy of FIR in case death caused due to accident|
|Loss of employment for the earning member of the family mostly due to physical injury or accident leading to disability or terminal illness||Copy of FIR if filed/ bills or receipts from hospital and letters from the medical organization showing proof of illness, disability certificate, job termination letter and affidavit from a government recognized gazette officer.|
|Death of both parents rendering the child as an orphan||Death certificate of parents, a bonafide letter from concerned authorities|
|Loss of financial assets of the family due to losses incurred in business or self-employment||Income proofs, before incurring loss and after loss incurred|
|Illness or critical medical conditions of any family member||Letter from medical practitioners|
HDFC Scholarship – Important Terms & Condition
The issue of the scholarship depends on these important terms and conditions. Students should read this list before going further with the application process:
- HDFC Bank shall present the scholarship amount only in the form of DD, and no requests of DBT shall be entertained.
- The amount in the form of DD shall be duly presented to the educational institution where the candidate is studying. No individual candidate DDs shall be given.
- Scholarship amount shall not be dispensed in cash under any given circumstances.
- Candidates selected to receive scholarship amount shall receive an official intimation on their registered contact numbers.
- The HDFC bank branch in the proximal vicinity of the candidate shall inform the candidate of his successful selection and present him with the DD.
- If a candidate applies for a change of school or course in a different university, then the scholarship shall stand terminated and discontinued without further notice.
- This scholarship is applicable only for one year. Candidates should comply with renewal procedures for further continuation.
- Scholarship can be renewed for a maximum of two years and not more than that.
HDFC Scholarship Results
Around the last week of September, candidates should look out for results on the official portal. The official list of selected students shall be displayed on the official portal in the form of a PDF. Also, the HDFC bank branch that is situated in the closest neighbourhood of the candidate shall intimate the student about his selection and perform the next formalities in dispatching the DD to the respective candidate.
HDFC Scholarship Renewal
There is no procedure of renewal for HDFC scholarships. A candidate can avail this scholarship for 1 year only. However, at the discretion of the company, it can be further extended for a period of two years. For the continuation process, applicants need to re-apply in the same format as followed for fresh applications.
HDFC Scholarship – Rewards and Benefits
The nearest HDFC bank branch shall present the DD to the respective student. But the name written in the DD shall be addressed to the educational institution where candidate is currently studying. In this regard, important rewards and benefits presented are listed below:
|Course pursued by the candidate||Rewards|
|Students studying in class 6 till 12||INR 10,000|
|Diploma/ ITI and polytechnic students||INR 25,000|
|UG and PG students||INR 25,000|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many candidates from a single family apply for HDFC scholarships?
Only 1 child per family is eligible to apply for HDFC scholarships.
- What is the specification to be followed for uploading documents?
All documents must be in JPEG, or PDF format and size must be lesser than 15 MB.
- IS the institute verification form mandatory?
Yes. All candidates must upload the institute verification form. IT must be formally attested by the principal/ director or dean of the institution.
- Can I download the application from the official website and submit it in the required format at the nearest bank branch?
NO. Offline applications are not entertained. Only online submissions to be made.
- What is the maximum time limit allowed during which candidate should be within a crisis situation?
The last three years from the date of application shall be counted during which the crisis situation should have occurred.
For any doubts or queries related to HDFC scholarships, students may feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 022 30751030
Address: HDFC Bank, G-1, Harbhajan, CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai – 400098