An important official document issued by state governments is called a ration card. According to Government definitions, different citizens of various households fall under differing categories based on family income criteria. Based on these criteria, families can purchase food grains at subsidized prices through the Public Distribution System or PDS. The PDS is an indigenous institution that functions under the National Food Security Act (NFSA). Based on the type of ration card issued to the families, the amount of rationed goods entitled to a particular family is offered.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Himachal Pradesh Ration Card List 2022
The list of ration cards for the year 2022 of Himachal Pradesh can be checked easily by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of the Himachal Pradesh Ration Card.
- Fill up an online form by entering these details – District, City, and Locality and thereby, you can easily obtain the Ration Card List.
- Submit the form after correct entries. You can access the ration card list for your particular locality.
Himachal Pradesh Ration Card Eligibility Criteria
For applicants who wish to apply for a ration card in Himachal Pradesh, the eligibility criteria can be listed as follows:
- Applicants should be citizens of India.
- The applicant’s family should also be citizens of India.
- At the time of making an application for a new card, neither the applicant nor his family members should have a ration card.
- Even if the applicant has a temporary ration card, the validity should not last longer than three months.
- In case the applicant has lost his earlier ration card or owns a mutilated, defaced, or ration card that is rendered useless, then he is eligible for applying for a new ration card.
- If the applicant has changed his residential address, he becomes eligible to apply for a new card.
- In case a new family member is added, then a new ration card can be applied.
- The entry of a new child member into the family makes the applicant eligible to apply for a new ration card.
How to Apply for Ration Card in Himachal Pradesh
Application for a ration card in Himachal Pradesh can be carried out by following these steps as given below:
- Submit application form for issuance of Ration Card along with Deletion Certificate. The Deletion Certificate should be issued from the Panchayat Secretary, Panchayat Sahayak, Food & Supplies Officer or Inspector, or FCS & CA from where the applicant previously resided. All these documents need to be provided to the concerned office by the applicant by supporting them with appropriate documents.
- Ensure that the application form is attested by the Head of Office. This is especially true for employees and needs to be carried out by any Municipal Commissioner or Gazetted Officer or MLA or Ward Member or any authorized person from Government designation.
- Obtain a receipt for the application from the concerned office. Obtain a date written against the application form that mentions when the applicant can come and collect his ration card.
On the given due date, the applicant needs to go to the concerned office personally to collect his ration card against the receipt.
- In processing the ration card document, the government office concerned might carry out formalities such as background check and address verification against details provided in the application form. If all details are found true to the knowledge provided in the form, a new ration card or a modified ration card (as applicable) shall be issued to the applicant in due course of time.
- As per data on members of the family provided in the application form, an inquiry officer shall verify the concerned information. In case of additional procedure involving the birth of a child and its name inclusion in the ration card, the birth certificate and the original ration card need to be submitted to the concerned office without delay. For marriage, wherein the spouse’s name needs to be added to the existing ration card, the Deletion certificate procured by the spouse to take their name off from the previous list should be provided. This certificate, along with the application form and existing ration card, needs to be provided to include the new member in the card.
- If all documents and the application form are found in order, then the ration card shall be issued. In case there are gaps found, the officials shall disqualify and decline the application made and reject it by not providing a ration card. Sufficient reasons shall be cited to the applicant on the given due date.
Documents Required for Himachal Pradesh Ration Card
For obtaining a new ration card in Himachal Pradesh, the documents required can be listed below:
- Documents required for new ration card: To prove that the applicant does not hold any prior ration card, Deletion Certificate needs to be provided.
- Documents required for the addition of a new member to an existing ration card: Either addition of a newborn child member or addition of a spouse into the ration card can be carried out, provided:
- Addition of spouse into existing ration card: Spouse should provide Deletion certificate which acts as proof that he/she does not have any ration card while applying.
- Addition of child into existing ration card: Birth certificate of the child and existing ration card.
How to Check HP Ration Card Status Online?
An applicant can follow the steps mentioned below to easily check the status of their ration card application in their native state Himachal Pradesh:
- Go to the official website of the ePDS Transparency Portal of Himachal Pradesh.
- Select your preferred language from the options available. Also, click on the ‘Application Status’ option from the main menu while traversing the webpage.
- Soon you’ll be redirected to a new webpage. Here you need to enter your reference number. The reference number shall be quoted in the receipt obtained after successfully submitting the application form.
- Check for the correctness of entered Reference Number and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- As per the reference number quoted by the applicant, the application status shall be displayed on the next following screen.
How to Download Himachal Pradesh Ration Card?
On the official ePDS Transparency Portal, smart cards issued by the state government shall be made available for download. Applicants can use the website to download and print the digital copy of their ration card. The following steps should be followed to download the ration card easily:
- Go to the official website of ePDS Transparency Portal, Himachal Pradesh.
- Scroll to the left side of the web page, which has a menu bar.
- Search for the FPS ration card option in the menu bar and upon finding it, click on it.
- Click on the ‘Print Ration Card Option‘ under the sub-menu.
- Soon, you’ll be redirected to a new web page.
- In the new section, select ‘Input Type’ from the list provided.
- Select the field ‘Select Input Type’, ‘Aadhaar Card’ or ‘Ration Card’ as per user convenience and enter appropriate data.
- In all the adjacent fields next to them, fill incorrect data. You have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, or you can use your ration card number in the HP-XXXXX-XXXX format.
- Hit the ‘search’ button to get desired results.
- At the bottom of the displayed ration card, click on the print option or just download the file and save it for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I get the application form for issuing the ration card?
Applicants need to fill up Form-2 of Himachal Pradesh state to apply for a ration card. A physical copy of the form can be obtained from one of the nearby locality offices. Applicants can also visit the official website of the Department of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs of Himachal Pradesh. The web address is https://food.hp.nic.in/ where you can download the form, and it’s available in two languages – English and Hindi.
2. What duration does it usually take for a ration card to be issued in Himachal Pradesh?
In the receipt, the expected date of issuance of the ration card is generally mentioned, and be noted that the period usually varies. Usually, in normal circumstances in Himachal Pradesh state, it takes anywhere less than a week for the ration card to be issued. The day is calculated right from the day the application, along with the relevant documents, is submitted by the applicant.
3. Are there any fees involved in the issuance of ration cards?
Yes, a nominal fee is applicable for the issuance of ration cards.
4. What is the fee applicable for applicants who want a new ration card?
INR 5 is the fee applicable for issuing new ration cards.
5. What is the fee applicable for issuing a duplicate ration card?
The same fee of INR 5 is applicable for issuing a duplicate ration card.
Ration Card Related Articles