HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern encloses question type, the total number of questions, marking scheme and syllabus of the entrance examination. HP PAT is a state-level Polytechnic entrance exam administered by the HPTEB, Dharamshala once in a year. Candidates applying for this examination are supposed to clear the exam to get admission in different diploma courses at various polytechnic government and private institutions situated at HP. In this article, the detailed information regarding the HP PAT exam pattern 2021 is clearly discussed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
HP PAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the examination are expected to refer to the complete exam pattern to get a clear idea about the question paper. In this below section, the details related to the exam pattern is disclosed. The exam pattern must be checked carefully without missing any detail.
- The entrance examination shall be supervised through offline (OMR) mode.
- The time duration of 3 hours, i.e. from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM shall be given to finish the exam.
- The medium of the entrance exam paper is bilingual, i.e., English & Hindi both shall be present.
- The questions paper contains Objective type questions.
- 150 questions shall be covered from the subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English.
- The exam paper is set for 150 marks.
- 4 marks are allocated for every question.
- For every wrong response, 1 mark shall be reduced.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
HP PAT Syllabus
The exam authority is the main conducting authority who shall fabricate the HP PAT syllabus for the HP PAT 2021 exam, and the questions are covered from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. The entrance examination syllabus is prepared from the 10th class syllabus. Candidates are recommended to first read from NCERT books and be thorough with the fundamental concepts. It is stated that most of the questions shall be taken from NCERT syllabus. The official authority shall release the topic-wise syllabus for each of the subjects. The entire syllabus shall be provided along with the HP PAT 2021 information booklet.
Some topics under each of the subjects are listed below:
- English: Topics include Active & Passive voice, preposition, relative, countable and uncountable nouns, etc.
- Physics: Topics include reflection, refraction, the human eye, sources of Energy & Environment, etc.
- Chemistry: Topics include Structure of atom, acid bases & salts, metals & non-metals, acids, bases & salts, etc.
- Mathematics: Topics include Real numbers, triangles, polynomials, coordinate geometry, trigonometry, constructions, etc.
HP PAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Here are some tips and tricks for candidates appearing for the HP PAT 2021:
- Candidates must stick to the official exam pattern containing syllabus and mark scheme, and it is also necessary to construct a schedule accommodating the pattern and syllabus.
- Be thorough with the fundamental concepts as most of the questions shall test the candidate’s basic knowledge.
- Make short notes incorporating the important formulas and concepts and keep revising them every day.
- Mock tests are freely available on various websites. So candidates are advised to practice taking tests regularly.
- Complete the entire NCERT textbook first and then move on to online resources for better understanding.
- Don’t stress yourself way too much and try meditation to relax your mind.
- A balanced diet is mandatory and also keep yourself hydrated.