HPSC 2021: The full form of HPSC is Haryana Public Service Commission. HPSC conducts the civil services exam to recruit prospective candidates to various administrative positions of the state government of Haryana. HCS exam is held every year on a National level for recruitment of candidates for Class I, II and III officers in different government departments of the state such as Administration, Police, Forest and Engineering. The official notification for HPSC is released by the commission. This article gives detail information about HPSC HCS 2021 that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and more. The official website of the state commission of Haryana is hpsc.gov.in.
HPSC HCS 2021 Exam Date
|Release of Official Notification||July 2020|
|Last date of Online Application||August 2020|
|HCS Prelims Exam||October 2020|
|HCS Prelims Result||December 2020|
|HCS Main Exam||January 2021|
|HCS Interview||June 2021|
|Result Declaration||July 2021|
HPSC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should carefully know these eligibility conditions before they apply to the Haryana PCS Exam. Only those candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria shall be qualified to take up the examination.
- Nationality: All Indian nationals who are citizens of India are eligible to take up the examination. Also, candidates from other states are permitted and encouraged to attempt the examination.
- Education Qualification: Graduates or students appearing for final year degree examination recognized by the government of India are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Age Limit: General age limit is 21 to 42 years. For the post of DSP, the age limit is 21 to 27 years.
- Age Relaxation:
- For SC/ST candidates, age relaxation for the upper limit is up to 45 years.
- For physically disabled candidates, an extension of ten years in the upper age limit shall be provided.
- For general category candidates, up to 5 years in the upper age limit is allowed.
- Number of Attempts: ‘ANY’ number of attempts in the specified age bracket shall be allowed by the state commission.
HPSC 2021 Application Form
The commission will specify the exact dates between which the candidates are allowed to apply. Candidates are requested to apply only through the ONLINE mode. No other mode of application will be duly entertained. Also, candidates have to submit the application form and pay the requisite fee well before the deadline approaches. Below we have provided step by step HPSC application process in detail.
- Visit the official website – hpsc.gov.in
- Candidates have to ‘Register’ themselves on the website with a valid login id and password.
- Go to the ‘ONLINE SECTION’ of the homepage and click on it.
- Click on ‘ APPLY ONLINE AND PRINT FILLED APPLICATION SECTION – 1’
- In the following window, choose the exam/post that you wish to apply.
- Fill in all the details asked in the application form and submit.
- Note down the reference number.
- Go back to the main menu of the apply online section and pay the requisite fee.
- After the fee payment process, your application shall be submitted successfully.
- Now you can go back to the main menu again and print the submitted form.
Fee payment can be made in two modes: Online mode – Through internet banking facilities/ debit card/credit card facilities. Offline mode – By personally visiting any SBI branch and paying fees. Obtain an acknowledgement for the same and enter the challan number in the application form. Application Fee for different categories of candidates:
|Category of Candidates||Fee|
|Outstation Male candidates of General and Reserved categories||1000 Rupees|
|Outstation Female candidates of General and Reserved categories||250 Rupees|
|Candidates belonging to Haryana state but reserved under SC / BC- ‘A’ / BC-‘B’ / ESM||250 Rupees|
|For Persons with Disabilities with at least 40% disability but belonging to the state of Haryana.||No Fees|
Please Note: The fee list indicated above may be subject to change at the discretion of the state commission. Candidates are requested to look for updates on the official website of the commission from time to time.
HPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern followed by Harayana Civil Service Exam is the three-tier procedure consisting of the prelims, mains, and interview round.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Prelims Exam consists of two papers – General Studies and Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) papers.
- Objective Type of papers.
- Each paper is conducted for a maximum of 100 marks.
- Paper duration is two hours each.
- Negative marking applicable. 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer selection.
- The total of both the papers will be taken, and if they are above the cut off marks, then candidates shall be called in for the next round.
Mains Exam Pattern
- HCS Mains Exam consists of five papers totally.
- Subjective Type of papers
- Total marks for the main exam is 600 marks.
- For Paper IV and V, candidates have the privilege to select the optional subject as per their choice, list provided by the commission.
|General English||3 Hours||100|
|General Hindi||3 Hours||100|
|General Studies||3 Hours||100|
|Two subjects to be selected from a list of 23 subjects as given below||3 Hours||300|
- The personality test round is conducted for 75 marks.
- Candidates who have cleared the mains exam will be shortlisted for the interview round.
- The combined marks of mains exam plus interview totalling to 675 will be considered for the final list of shortlisted candidates.
HPSC 2021 Syllabus
Below we have provided HPSC Syllabus in detail.
Prelims and Mains Syllabus
- Indian history, including the Indian national movement.
- Indian and world geographical studies.
- Indian politics, administrating and constitutional studies.
- Policy making and Indian economy.
- Current affairs.
- Important events at national and global levels
- Science and technology.
- General knowledge and questions based on Haryana’s socio-economic and political scenarios.
- General reasoning.
- Logical reasoning and data interpretation.
- Numerical ability.
- Decision making.
- Problem solving.
- Detailed comprehension.
- Precise writing.
- Grammar and vocabulary.
- Language usage in other forms.
Paper to be written in Devanagari script only.
- Hindi essay and letter writing.
- Hindi grammar.
- Hindi vocabulary and important aspects of the language.
- Hindi language and its connection with Indian culture.
- Paragraph writing and precise writing.
- Translation into other languages etc.
The interview panel consists of members asking candidates on a variety of topics to test and assess their suitability to the position they are applying for. Also, they may be subjected to questions based on their choice of optional subjects. Apart from that, they may be asked questions on current affairs/general knowledge and topics from local culture and political interests.
HPSC 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is an important document for the candidate as it contains all necessary information pertaining to the candidate. The name of the candidate, registration number, exam venue, and timings and other information shall be contained in the admit card. A candidate not carrying the document would not be allowed to take up the examination. Also, candidates are advised to carry essential documents that support his eligibility to the exam hall. Below we have provided step by step process to download HPSC HCS Admit Card 2021
- Visit the official website – hpsc.gov.in
- In the online section, traverse to the DOWNLOAD drop-down menu.
- Click on the download admit card.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth correctly.
- Upon system validation, the admit card will be displayed on the site.
- Download/print the admit card.
- Maintain a copy of the same for future references.
HPSC 2021 Cut off
Cut off marks for prelims and mains exam will vary every year. The state commission decides it, and the cut off marks will be displayed on the official website along with results display. Cut off marks depend on the number of factors like the number of candidates applied, a number of candidates cleared, toughness level of the paper, etc.
HPSC 2021 Result
The results of Haryana Public Service Commission Exam 2021 can be accessed from the official site by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website – hpsc.gov.in.
- Look for HPSC Result link and click on it.
- Another window asking for a candidate reference number, date of birth, and other details will be displayed.
- Upon entry of correct details, the results of the candidate will be displayed.
- Download the result card/ take a print copy/ save for future reference.
HPSC 2021 Vacancy
The exact number of positions against each post varies every year. The list of posts is given below for quick reference:
- Haryana Civil Service Officer in the Executive Cadre
- State Excise and Taxation
- Assistant Registrar Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Excise and Taxation
- District level Food and Supplies
- District level Food and Supplies Controller
- Block Development Officer and Panchayat Officer
- Traffic Management
- Assistant level Employment
HPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
- Put more focus on the state details of Haryana like topography, history and culture, demographical information, important statistics, geographical distribution, resource allocation, politics, social-economic status, etc.
- Select your optional subjects wisely.
- Prepare good notes and reference material for studies.
- Take up coaching classes if necessary.
- Have a good hold on Haryana’s General Knowledge.
- Contemporary and burning issues form the core of general studies papers.
- Interviews assess candidates based on interpersonal and analytical skills.
Best Books for HPSC 2021 Preparation
Candidates are however advised to refer more books for comprehensive reading:
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth.
- A brief history of modern India, book by Rajiv Ahir
- Physical and human geography by G C Leong
- Book on Indian economy by Ramesh Singh.
- Book on Ethics, integrity, and aptitude by G Subba Rao
- NCERT Textbooks