Haryana Public Service Commission is also termed as HPSC. It is a commission that holds a right to conduct HPSC PCS exam 2020 to recruit the eligible candidates in different civil service jobs in Haryana State. In brief, it is a competitive examination to recruit to civil services by the Haryana Public Service Commission at Chandigarh.
HPSC exam is held every year on a National level for recruitment of candidates for Class I, II and III officers in different Government departments of the state in the department such as Administration, Police, Forest, Engineering, and Administration.
The interested candidates can get all the latest information about this exam by way of the official web portal of HPSC i.e. www.hpsc.gov.in. Moreover, this article has assembled to aware you about the eligibilities, admission process, syllabus, exam pattern, and tips to crack this degree in the first attempt.
HPSC 2020 – Important Dates
|Start date of HPSC application form||Will update soon|
|End date of HPSC application form||Will update soon|
|Date of HPSC Preliminary exam||Will update soon|
|Date of Main exam||Will update soon|
|Date of HPSC result||Will update soon|
HPSC Exam 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- The interested candidates should be Indian or have a citizen of India
As per Educational Qualification
- The interested candidate must have grabbed a Graduation degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of state or central legislature in India with at least 55% aggregate marks.
- The eligible candidate must have any equivalent degree than graduation one.
- The candidates must have graduation degree from a Deemed University as per section 3 of University grants commission act, 1965.
- The students doing their final year can fill up the form for this exam but they should have results at the time of going towards the Mains exam.
- The candidates may have ‘National Eligibility Test’ (NET) which should be conducted by University Grant Commission, Council of Scientific and Research.
The age limit to attempt HPSC exam 2020 should be between 21 – 40 years.
The age relaxation has given as per categories:
- For ST/SC (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe), age relaxation will be 5 years
- For OBC (Other Backward Class), age relaxation will be 3 years
- For PH (Physically Handicapped), age relaxation will be 10 years
- For PwD (Defence Service Personnel), age relaxation will be 3 years
- For unmarried female candidates of Haryana State, age relaxation will be 5 years
- For employees of Haryana Government of Punjab and Haryana High Court or any Court subordinate to it in the state of Haryana having four-year experience in service, age relaxation will be 3 years.
- For male candidates, the height should be 170.18 cm and chest should be 33″ (83.82 cm). Moreover, the chest with expansion should be 34.5″ ( 87.63 cm).
- For female candidates, the height should be 157.50 cm
HPSC Exam Application Form 2020
To apply for HPSC Exam, the applicants should fill an application by way of online only. This application form for the same will be available on the official website HPSC i.e. www.hpsc.gov.in. Moreover, the application forms are available for other Groups are also available over it as well and all should be filled up from March to April 2020.
The candidates are considered to fill up all the important instructions carefully, else their form would not consider eligible for further processing. Following factors should be considered while filling up the application form for HPSC exam 2019:
- As prescribed, the students should apply through online mode and for this, they have to first register with the website by creating an account over there.
- The candidates should fill up all the required information accurately and have to check for the same at least twice. They would need to upload some basic documents like 10thand 12th mark sheets and certificates, Graduation degree and individual or combined mark sheets, certificate of the category, and Domicile, Transfer certificate, Residential address proof, and other documents requested in an application form.
- Once with all basic information, they have to upload their scanned photo and signature and move towards paying an application fee.
In a case, if candidates require their application form by way of post, then the candidates coming under General Category of Haryana will have to pay Rs. 1015 and Reserved Category of Haryana will pay Rs. 300 for the same.
HPSC Application fee
It is mandatory to pay application fee once completed all the required steps. It should be noted that fee may be paid online by way of credit or debit card. Moreover, you can use other net options to pay for the same. In addition, students can also pay the said fee offline through by State Bank of India.
- For Male/Female Candidates of General/All reserved categories of Haryana Only, the application fee will be Rs.1000 only and colour of their application form will be Pink.
- For Male Candidates of General Category including Dependent Son of Ex-Servicemen of Haryana, the application fee will be Rs.1000 only and colour of their application form will be Pink.
- For Female Candidates of General Category including Female Dependent of ESM of Haryana Only, the application fee will need to pay is Rs. 250 only and Orange colour application form will be allotted to them.
- For Female and Male applicants of SC/BC/ESM and PH ortho (with at least 40% Disability) categories of Haryana only, the application fee will need to pay is Rs. 250 only and Green colour application form will be allotted to them.
It should be noted that application form, as well as fee receipt, should be saved in form of hard copy for future reference.
HPSC Exam 2020 Admit Card
Admit card is a mandatory document to get appeared for HPSC exam 2020. It should download by all candidates before at least two weeks of the Preliminary and Main exam. Only those applicants would eligible to get their admit cards who would have successfully filled up their application forms.
Without an admit card, no candidate of any category will eligible to enter or sit for HPSC examination. Hence, the students are requested to keep a hard copy for the same before entering the examination hall.
HPSC Exam Pattern
To get cleared for Haryana Public Service Commission Exam, the candidates have to clear three rounds:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview or Personality Test
This exam will conduct by using the offline mode only. The languages of question paper will English and Marathi. Only objective type questions will come.
There will be two papers in Preliminary exams. Paper 1 will have General Studies and contains 100 questions while Paper 2 will have Optional subjects and contains 80 questions of objective types. Each question of each paper is allotted with 2 marks and in case of wrong answering, 0.66 marks get deducted. Moreover, the time duration will be 2 hours for each paper.
It should be noted that the marks obtained from the Preliminary exam will be added while assembling the total marks but to clear this exam is mandatory to become eligible for the Main examination of HPSC.
The Main exam will also have an offline mode like the above one. The question paper will come in two languages English and Hindi. Descriptive Type Questions will come in this exam. There will be 4 papers Paper-1 English, Paper-2 Hindi, Paper-3 General Studies, Paper-4 Two Optional subject.
100 questions will be asked in the first three papers and around 80 will ask in optional subject paper. To qualify this round, the candidates have to score as per cut off given.
Once cleared with Main Examination, the last one would be an interview wherein the students should have to face direct interview with the officers appointed for the same.
The marks obtained in an interview and the main examination will consider the get the final outcome. Hence, students have to be serious while their interview round.
To clear HPSC exam 2020, it is mandatory to all participates to know thorough about the syllabus is given by Haryana Public Service Commission.
It consists of two papers i.e. General Studies & General Aptitude.
General Studies Paper
It includes the following subjects:
- General Science.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity and Indian Economy.
- General Mental Ability.
- Haryana–Economy, and people. Social, economic and cultural institutions and language of Haryana.
General Aptitude Paper
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude, etc. – Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
Tips to crack HPSC Exam 2020 in the first attempt
Are you wondered thinking that how’s it possible to clear HPSC exam in the first attempt only? Well, it is possible to clear this exam in a single attempt only. For this, interested candidates have to follow the following tips:
- Prepare a timetable wherein all syllabus mentioned by HPSC should be included. The participants are requested to divide the whole syllabus as per the days left.
- Make sure to take the help of mock tests and previous year question papers
- Try to indulge in self-study as much as you can
- Revise the whole syllabus at least 3-4 times and be confident while attempting the question paper.