The Indian Defence Accounts Service is the oldest department under the government of India which are capable of analysing and maintaining the entire accounts of the Defence Services. The basic controlling authority is the Ministry of Defense.
The Indian Defence Accounts Service or IDAS is one of the Group ‘A’ offerings of Government of India. The officers selected by this exam are responsible for the accounting capabilities of the defence branch.
The Defence Accounts Department or DAD is headed by using the Controller General of Defence Accounts. Basically, the Indian Defence Accounts are an essential branch which gives economic payment and accounting and internal audit functions of Navy, Air Force, Border Road Organisation, Army, Ordnance Factories, and Defence Research.
Important dates to crack IDAS
|Date of Notification for IDAS Civil Services||07-02-2018|
|Online Registration Start Date||First Week of February|
|End date of online submission||06-03-2018|
|Admit Card (Preliminary Examination)||Three Weeks Before The Examination|
|Civil services Preliminary examination start date||03-06-2018|
|IDAS Civil services main examination date||28-09-2018, 29-09-2018, 30-09-2018, 06-10-2018, 07-10-2018|
Eligibilities to apply for IDAS Exam
Like the other competitive exams, the eligibility criteria for the Indian Defence Account Service or IDAS exam will be the same.
As per Nationality
- He ought to be a citizen of India
- He wishes to be a citizen of Nepal or from Bhutan
- He should be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Myanmar, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Pakistan, Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, or Sri Lanka with an intention of completely residing in India
- He must be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India earlier than January 1, 1962, in addition to settled absolutely in India
As per Educational Qualification
The candidates seeking to attempt the Indian Defence Account Service must satisfy the following educational eligibilities. Let’s have a look at the educational eligibilities which has been governed by the Indian government:
- Candidates need to keep a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognised universities
- Candidates need to maintain a degree from any of the universities affiliated by the UGC or possess an equal qualification.
- Candidates who have not cleared their bachelor degree yet are eligible to use as properly for the Preliminary Examination.
- These applicants have to offer a proof of passing the stated exam, which has to be correct and may verify in case of any complexity.
- Candidates who have passed the very last 12 months of MBBS or any Medical Examination, but, are yet to finish the internship can also seem for the Main Examination. Moreover, they need to place up a certificate from the concerned university or the University from wherein they’ve surpassed the final professional medical examination.
- Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by means of the Government or it’s same are also eligible to use
Furthermore, the eligibility criteria for the IDAS or Indian Defence Account Service exam is the same as other civil service exams. Once the candidates cleared IDAS exam, they will be allotted as per their rank and will also undergo a thorough training process.
In a case, once applied to IDAS exam without fulfilling the above conditions, the candidate will not be able to go to succeeding steps.
Age Limit to attempt Indian Defence Accounts Service
|Minimum age||21 years|
|Maximum age||30 years|
Relaxable age limits to attempt Defence Accounts Service
|For SC/ST candidates||5 years|
|For OBC (Other backward class) candidates||3 years|
|For the deaf-mute, Blind, Orthopaedically handicapped people||5 years|
|For candidates come from the State of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|For Military Servicemen||5 years|
|For Defense Services personnel||5 years|
|For ECOs/SSCOs (who finished an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service)||5 years|
|For Ex-servicemen comprising Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
How many attempts one should take to attempt or qualify IDAS exam?
Like other civil service exams, the candidates can take more than a chance to qualify for the IDAS exam. It means, the candidates who have not been cleared for IDAS exam, can try for another time. Let’s have a look at the number of attempts that candidates can take to qualify IDAS exam:
1. For General Category candidates, there will be 6 chances to qualify Indian Defence Accounts Service exam. Therefore, if you have taken one chance, then you will have 5 more chances to become IDAS officer.
2. For Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe or SC/ST, there will be no restriction. Therefore, the candidates belong to this particular class can attempt Indian Defence Accounts Service exams number of times.
3. For OBC or Other Backward Class candidates, there will be 9 attempts to qualify IDAS exam.
Hence, the Indian Defence Accounts Service officers are considered as prominent government employees liable to conduct duties like the higher post.
Moreover, if you are looking ahead to qualify the above IDAS exam, then you are suggested to follow the above guide that will help you a lot to accomplish your objectives.
Application form for IDAS exam 2019
To get registered for the IDAS exam 2019 which is going to hold on 9 September 2019, the candidates are requested to fill up the application form. The recommended mode to apply for the IDAS 2019 application form is online.
It is noted that offline mode is not accepted to fill up the application form of any civil service exam. It will be best if candidates can take the help of https://upsconline.nic.in/ to fill up their application form because it is an official web portal suggested to apply online for the UPSC IDAS exam.
IDAS admit card 2019
To attempt the Indian Defence Accounts Service exam, admit card is mandatory for all the students. It is suggested to download the admit card before 10 days of IDAS exam. If the students will become unable to download, then they will not eligible to attempt this civil service exam. To download IDAS exam admit card, click on this link.
Exam Pattern for IDAS exam 2019
The pattern and syllabus recommended by UPSC to attempt IDAS exam 2019 will consist of three parts:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
The Preliminary exam is mandatory and will be the first exam. It will assess the intellectual ability of the candidates. This exam is further divided into two parts having multiple questions as well as available in English and Hindi pattern. Both the papers appeared in Prelims exams will about 200 words.
The Main Examination will be the second step to reach your destination. The marks of the main exam will be added while to accumulate the marks of the final outcome.
The Interview will be the last step to becoming IDAS officer. The marks obtained from the interview as well as from the Main examination will be added to select the final IDAS officers. Hence, all three steps are mandatory to become IDAS officer 2019 in India.
Functions of IDAS officers in India
To offer financial advice, payment, and accounting functions for the Navy, Army, Air Force, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Canteen Stores Department, Ordnance Factories, Border Road Organisation and other allied corporations.
Besides these departmental postings, the IDAS officials can also be appointed into different governmental enterprises or departments. These can also get a chance to go to international as part of the Indian Army’s UN peacekeeping missions.
Tips To Crack UPSC IDAS 2019 Examination
1. Arrange a well-defined Time Table
Make sure to make a well-arranged timetable to crack IDAS 2019 civil service exam. It will help you to cover all the steps needed to crack any civil service exam. You have to include the revision process as well while making the timetable because, without revision, you will able to get a good rank in the civil service exam.
2. Should do study and revision
The IDAS civil service exam has the wide syllabus which needs thorough study. The candidate should have a plan to cover all syllabus as well as the revision process that will help the students to crack this civil service exam properly.
3. Make sure to learn the basic concepts
Never believe in cramming process. It is suggested to learn the basic concepts because if you are cleared with the basics, you will never forget the concepts. Hence, make sure to learn the basics first. This will help you to do revision only before the exam days.
Hence, it is cleared that the cracking of the IDAS exam is not a daunting task. The students are considered to clear it only after covering all the syllabus. To get the entire list of the syllabus, you can take the help of the following links.
Good luck to crack this prominent civil service exam 🙂