IFFCO stands for Indian Farmers’ Fertiliser Cooperative Limited. The organisation strives to help rural areas with farming belts inculcate modern and latest updated technology to help them achieve progress with mainstream society. Some of the important areas covered for research work under this scholarship include agricultural circles, infrastructure development in rural India, promoting education among rural youth, enabling rural populations to achieve healthy means of livelihood, sanitation and drinking water facilities, etc.
The organisation strives to identify youth who are interested in serving in rural India and help for the betterment of their facilities by improving their means of living by bringing together a combination of awareness mixed with modern technology.
This article tries to look into every detail about IFFCO MD scholarship 2020 regarding the types of offers under this scholarship, the detailed eligibility criteria of this scholarship, the completely explained application process, important instructions to adhere to, some commonly asked questions and contact details of the concerned person in case of doubts about this scholarship.
IFFCO, the organization that provides this scholarship, is headed by Dr.Udai Shanker Awasthi. The organization was formed as early as the year 1967. The committee is responsible for offering this scholarship screens around 4,000 applications and more to offer one scholarship based on the suitability of the person.
Read about National Scholarship Portal
IFFCO MD Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Indian Farmers’ Fertiliser Cooperative Limited|
|Scholarship Name||IFFCO MD Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||Candidates should be 18 years old or above and must complete 12th standard|
|Scholarship amount||1,00,000 Rupees|
IFFCO MD Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is different from mainstream schemes, given that a person who genuinely has an innate interest in the field of agricultural research and a keen sense of community development interest for the rural areas should be eligible to apply. Some of the highlights of eligibility conditions for this scholarship are listed below:
- The minimum educational qualification for an applicant is the 12th standard. Candidate should have completed the qualification from a recognized state or central educational institution.
- Higher-level applicants pursuing graduation/ post-graduation/Ph.D. research from recognized universities of India are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum age criteria for an applicant are 18 years.
- All Indian nationals or citizens of India are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid Aadhaar card and have a legitimate government provided Aadhaar number.
- Any candidate willing to apply for this scholarship must complete formalities before the 5th of June every year.
IFFCO MD Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
Online applications are invited from candidates who are willing to be part of a prosperous rural development research and initiative project that goes beyond borders and helps serve humanity in the rural pockets in the best interest. The detailed application process is explained below in the following steps:
- Check out the official website of IFFCO – www.iffcobazar.in
- Click on the link that will take you to this scholarship portal.
- Click on new registration and enter basic registration form details.
- After registration formalities, enter contact details, academic details, and other personal details of the candidate in the following application form.
- Every applicant needs to explain his idea of contribution to rural farming by writing out unique ideas and steps of execution in a minimum of 1000 words.
- Candidates have to attach this write up with the application form.
- Check the form for the correctness and verify the entered details.
- Submit the completed application form.
- After this step, the candidate shall receive the registered login ID and password.
- Based on the uniqueness and innovation of the idea presented, candidates would be selected for this scholarship.
- Candidates are advised to download the submitted application form for future use.
Documents Required For IFFCO MD Scholarship
Every application should be supported with relevant documents so that the application gains credibility while reviewing. All applications submitted in duplicate shall be rejected without further notice. The list of documents to be submitted is listed below:
- Mark sheets of last qualifying exam.
- Aadhaar card.
- First page of bank passbook.
- Domicile certificate.
- Bonafide certificate from educational institution.
- Caste and income certificate [ if applicable]
- Research papers submitted [ if any]
- Certificates received in favor of any scientific research activity/ provided by any research establishment of the country.
- Any letter of appreciation provided by any government organization/ private body for any research activity.
Benefits & Rewards of IFFCO MD Scholarship
- This scholarship helps to promote scientific interest in youth to develop research skills in them.
- Research and development activities are primary forerunners in building a nation on the wheels of scientific rationality and thinking.
- It helps in bringing scientific farming equipments and up gradation of technology for the field of agriculture.
- Community building activities at the grassroots level, taking people close to nature, helping them understand government policies in place for farming activities, etc. are some of the many benefits that help young minds achieve through this scholarship.
- It increases the marketability and economic growth of agricultural products.
- This scholarship grants 1 lakh rupees as a reward amount.
IFFCO MD Scholarship – Important factors to note
- The main criteria for the selection of this scholarship are based on the idea presented by the applicant.
- The idea presented must be readable, understandable, clear, filled with necessary scientific thinking, and basis. It should also be unique and innovative and stand with the relevancy of present times.
- An idea presented should be implementable on economic terms too.
- A prototype shall also be encouraged if the candidate has already built one/ working in progress.
- A candidate who has been selected for this scholarship shall receive an official letter/ intimation from the committee informing him of his selection.
IFFCO MD Scholarship – Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the rural youth of India apply through the offline method for this scholarship?
NO. All applications from whichever region pertaining to should be made only in the ONLINE mode. NO offline applications shall be entertained whatsoever.
- What are some of the relevant fields that this scholarship is assigned for a grant?
Some of the common research fields like agriculture and farming, infrastructure development, education, healthcare, and senior citizen care are core areas employed for this scholarship.
- In what measures can the monetary reward be utilised?
The monetary reward can be used for operating digital technology modules and bringing in innovation in methodologies, basically as financial support for the implementation of projects for the scholarship winner.
- Who offers this scholarship to deserving youth?
Official operative executives of the committee of IFFCO are responsible for presenting this scholarship to deserving youth.
- What is the selection committee comprising of?
A panel of judges created by the IFFCO selection committee selects the deserving candidate by screening nearly 4000 applications.
- Is this scholarship renewable?
NO. This scholarship is a one-time grant amount, covering a whole package of research-backed activities, bringing in new technologies to the fore, upgrading old methods, and reviving old practices to make way for new methodologies, etc. So it’s a one-time allotment for a candidate, and the latest work-related updates have to be submitted to the organization from time to time. There is no renewal process of this scholarship whatsoever. Every year different candidates are assigned grant amounts so that there is a fair chance of distribution of the award amongst diverse deserving applicants of the country.
Contact Details of IFFCO MD Scholarship
In case of any doubts or queries regarding this scholarship, kindly contact
Address: IFFCO corporate office, IFFCO Sadan, C-1, District center, Saket Place, New Delhi – 110 017
Contact numbers: 011- 42592626, 011- 26542625