IIFT 2021: The full form of IIFT is Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. IIFT Application Form was published on 6th November 2020. The IIFT is a national level test organized by the NTA. Via this entrance examination, numerous qualifying applicants will be admitted to the MBA (International Business). Students will be given seats at campuses situated in Delhi and Kolkata. Even after the entry exam, qualifying applicants will be asked to engage in the Group Debate, Personal Interview, writing skills assessment rounds for getting admission. Candidates must read this article to get full details on the IIFT 2021 Exam including the application process, exam date, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips etc.
IIFT 2021 Exam Dates
All official IIFT test dates for different activities can be reviewed below by the candidates:
|Registration Process begins from||6th November 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form||20th December 2020|
|Application submission date of GMAT score|
for foreign nationals & NRIs
|15th January to 15th March 2021|
|Application form correction process starts from||23rd to 27th December 2020|
|Admit card download||11th January 2021|
|IIFT 2021 Exam date||24th January 2021|
|Result declaration||1st week of February 2021|
|Scorecard release||1st week of February 2021|
|GD & PI rounds||February 2021|
IIFT 2021 Application Form
The candidates can check the IIFT 2021 application form details from the given information:
- The registration process for IIFT 2021 began in online mode from 6th November 2020.
- Until 20th December 2020, applicants can apply for IIFT.
- The entire application process can only be completed online.
- Different stages in the application process include online registration, filling in information on the application, paying of the application fee, photo downloading, signature and category certificates (as per size and format) and printing the application.
- If the pictures are erroneously submitted, then the candidates will be provided with the image correction service.
- The corrections to the details of the application will begin from 23 to 27th December 2020.
- There will be no need to submit the application form to the authority after completion of registration.
Payment mode: Applicants can pay the IIFT application fee via online using debit card, credit card or Net Banking account or a PAYTM service. In the table below, students can review application fees according to their category:
|UR/Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL)||Rs.2500|
|ST/SC/PWD/Transgender Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|Foreign Nationals/NRIs||Rs.15000 (US$ 200)|
IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, students should learn about the IIFT eligibility criteria, which are as below:
- Nationality: Indian citizens are eligible to apply. International applicants are also allowed to appear in this exam.
- Age Criteria: For the IIFT application, there is no upper or lower age limit recommended.
- Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized board or institution.
- Qualifying Marks: The qualifying exam must be completed with a minimum of 50% marks. Applicants in the ST/SC/PWD group should have obtained a minimum of 45% points.
- Appearing: Those who are in their final year of graduation, can also apply for the exam. Such applicants need to submit the necessary proof of qualifications by 7th October 2021.
IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can review the IIFT Exam Pattern Information from the following section:
- Exam Mode & Date: On 24th January 2021, IIFT 2021 will be conducted via online CBT mode.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective types of questions(MCQ) in the exam.
- Number of Questions: The exam paper will contain a total of 123 questions.
- Time Duration: It is a 2 hours exam in total.
- Number of Parts: The sections in the paper will be – English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis.
- The Medium of Language: The paper will be written in the English language.
- Total Marks: The exam paper will be of 100 marks in total.
- Marking Pattern: 5 to 1 mark will be given for correct answers in various sections. There will be variations in the marking scheme for different areas. 1/3 of the allocated scores will be withdrawn for any incorrect answer.
From the table given below, students will understand the distribution of questions:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||25|
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
The IIFT Syllabus questions revolve around topics like English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
Here are various topics included in different sections:
- Vocabulary and Comprehension: Word meaning match, Spellings, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion Sentence Arrangement, Figure of Speech, Grammar, Synonyms, Phrases, etc.
- Logical Reasoning: Cause & Effect, Linear & Matrix Arrangements, Visual & Critical Reasoning, Coding & Decoding, Sequencing, Symbol based Problem, Family Tree Problem etc.
- Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis: Percentages, Mode, HCF & LCM, Vectors, Instalments payments, Binomial Expansion, Venn Diagram, Number System, Clocks, Calendar, Median, Logarithm, Speed, Co-ordinate geometry, Simple interest, Ratios & Proportions, Time, Distance, etc.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: Topics related to International Affairs, current scenarios, political, economic, sports awareness, Awards & Awardees, Politics, etc.
IIFT 2021 Preparation Tips
For an easy form of exam preparation, learn IIFT preparation tips given below:
- Before the test begins, students must know the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Students are recommended to initiate the preparation as early as possible.
- For better planning and practice, students need to go for mock exams.
- Applicants shall prepare for the test from good sources of research materials prescribed by experts.
- When preparing for the test, students have to make the right notes and go through them regularly.
IIFT 2021 Admit Card
From 11th January 2021, the admit card of IIFT 2021 can be download. To download the admit card, you have to type your name and application number on the online website. Applicants must check the vital information present in the IIFT admit card such as names, categories, roll number, gender, the application number, exam date & time, exam centres, test centres, exam day guidelines, photos & signatures. If an applicant any information wrong in the admission card finds, they must contact the officials
before the test begins.
IIFT 2021 Answer Key
After the satisfactory completion of the IIFT test, the authority will issue the answer key. The question papers along with IIFT 2021 answer key will be posted online on the website. The candidates will measure the estimated score of the entrance exam by using the IIFT answer key. Also, students may challenge within a given time limit if there is some error in the answer key.
IIFT 2021 Result
In the 1st week of February 2021, the results of the IIFT will be released. The applicant must enter their registered user name and date of birth to check their marks. Candidates can import the result in PDF format. The authority may also post the merit list just after the announcement of the scores.
IIFT 2021 Scorecard
The scorecard will be published by IIFT when the results are issued. The scorecard is an essential document that the applicants must show to be accepted. The name of the applicant, DOB, category, whole, segment and percentile score is listed.
IIFT 2021 Cut Off
Students must ensure cut-off marks for admission as specified by IIFT to be chosen for the counselling process. Check the IIFT cut off from the information given below:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
IIFT 2021 Admission
The qualifying applicants will be chosen to engage in the IIFT admission/consulting process. Students may take part in the admission process, depending on their marks and results shown in the entrance test. For entry of applicants, GD and PI rounds will be arranged.
The GD & PI protocol will commence in February/March 2021. Students may have to verify their credentials and documentation during the admission process. For admission to MBA in IIFT only for foreign national applicants, GMAT score and interview will be considered. Within the stated period students are expected to submit their GMAT scorecard copy with the IIFT application form.