IISc Eligibility 2021 enlists all significant rules and regulations that must be fulfilled by the candidates seeking admission in IISc, Bangalore. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a public university that provides education in the field of science and research. No specific entrance test is administered by the university to assess the candidates. Candidates fitting the eligibility criteria can obtain admission in UG, PG and research programme. The admission into these programmes is rendered based on the scores in JEE Main, KVPY, GATE, NEET, GMAT, etc. This article mainly focuses on the details related to IISc 2021 Eligibility.
IISc Eligibility 2021
Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria to be able to obtain admission into UG, PG, Integrated & Research programmes. Before proceeding towards the IISc 2021 Application Form, candidates must see whether they fulfil the eligibility norms. The IISc Entrance Test eligibility criteria are specified in the below section:
Bachelor of Science (Research)
- Candidates must have cleared 10+2, or PUC examination in 2020 majored in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from a sanctioned board.
- Candidates who have majored in Biology, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics can also apply.
- Candidates must have obtained first-class or 60% or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- SC/ST Candidates must have obtained a pass mark in the examination.
- Candidates currently appearing in their qualifying exam can also apply.
Note: Candidates must clear any one of the following national level entrance tests: JEE Main 2021, NEET 2021, JEE Advanced 2021 & KVPY-SA 2020, KVPY-SX 2020, KVPY-SB 2020.
M.Tech/M.Des/M. Mgt Programme
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates holding a master’s degree in Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics or MCA can apply.
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology/ Design/Architecture are eligible to apply for M.Des programme.
- A candidate who is applying for M.Tech/M.Des programme has to clear the examination with second class.
- Candidate holding a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology or equivalent degree can apply for M. Mgt programme.
- A candidate who is applying for M. Mgt has to clear the examination with first class.
- Candidates applying for M.Tech (Climate Science/ Earth Sciences/ Electronic Systems Engineering /Microelectronics & VLSI Design), other than GATE, shall be given admission based on the CAM (Career Analysis Marks), i.e. previous academic performances (ex: 10th/ 12th /UG, etc.) and respective departments shall decide.
Note: All the candidates must clear GATE 2019/2020/2021 + CAM (for M.Tech) or CEED 2021 (for M.Des), or CAT 2021 or GMAT (for M.Mgt). Candidates must hold a valid scorecard(s) as on 1st August 2020.
- Candidates must have obtained a first-class in B.Sc./ equivalent degree in Physical, Mathematical, Chemical, Biological Sciences (including Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences) to be able to apply.
- BE/B.Tech degree holders who have cleared JAM exam in Mathematics/Mathematical Statistics can apply for the Mathematical Sciences discipline.
- BE/B.Tech degree holders who have cleared JAM exam in Biotechnology can apply for Biological Sciences discipline.
- Candidates qualifying JEST 2020 can seek admission in Physical Science Discipline.
Research Programme (Ph.D & M.Tech (Research)
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Graduates of Bachelor of Science programmes (4 years) can apply.
- Candidates holding a master’s degree in Science/Economics, Geography, Social Work, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/Application can apply.
- Candidates holding a master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Veterinary Sciences can also apply.
- Candidates holding MS/MBA (post-BE/B Tech) (applicable to the Department of Management Studies/Ecological Sciences) can also apply.
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering/Technology from any centrally funded technical institutions must have qualified with a minimum CGPA of 8.5/10 in the 7th semester or at the end of the 8th semester able to apply.
- Candidates holding an MBBS/MD degree can also apply.
- Candidates should have obtained at least a second class in the above-mentioned degrees.
Note: Candidates must clear one of the following relevant national tests with a valid score as on 1st August 2020: CSIR-UGC NET for JRF; or UGC-NET for JRF; or DBT JRF; or ICMR JRF; or JEST 2021; or NBHM Screening Test 2021; or GATE 2019/2020/2021 or INSPIRE fellows (for Ph.D.).