IIST Admission 2021: The Indian Institute of Space Science and technology shall overlook the admissions for IIST 2021. Admissions are offered into various courses such as space sciences, space technology and space applications. For UG and PG courses, there is no separate exam conducted by the IIST authorities. Admission depends solely on the marks obtained in national level entrance exams such as JEE Advanced, JEE Main, JEST, UGC NET, GATE, etc. This article provides comprehensive information about IIST Admission 2021.
Courses Offered: Some of the UG and PG courses offered by the university are:
- B.Tech in aerospace engineering (4 years)
- B.Tech in electronics and telecommunications engineering
- Degree programs on dual mode.
PG Courses – M.Tech courses in
- Structure and design
- Thermal and propulsion
- Control systems
- Optical systems
- Solid state technology
- Geo informatics
- Earth system and science
TABLE OF CONTENTS
IIST Admission 2021 Dates
Candidates can check the important dates related to IIST in this section:
For UG Courses:
|Application commencement from||1st week of June 2021|
|Deadline to submit application form||3rd week of June 2021|
|Rank list publication||3rd week of June 2021|
|Seat allotment||4th week of June 2021|
|Classes commencement||Last week of July 2021|
For PG Courses:
|Application commencement from||2nd week of April 2021|
|Deadline to submit application form||Last week of April 2021|
|Deadline to submit application fee||1st week of May 2021|
|Interview list display||2nd week of May 2021|
|Interview||Last week of May 2021|
|Interview result||2nd week of June 2021|
|Commencement of result||2nd week of August 2021|
IIST Admission 2021 Application Form
The application process for IIST is explained below:
- Applications shall be released in the online mode.
- Applications shall commence from first of June 2021 for UG courses and from the second week of April 2021 for PG courses.
- Candidates should fill up their educational, personal and academic details in the application form.
- Candidates should also upload their passport-sized photo and signature in the specified format.
- The fee to be remitted within the third week of June 2021 for UG and till last week of April 2021 for PG courses.
- Candidates need to save their submitted application forms for future reference.
Candidates need to remit the required application fee in the online mode via SBI collect. Fees once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
Fee structure for UG Courses:
|For male applicants [ of General category/EWS/OBC-NCL]||INR 600|
|For female applicants [ of General merit/ EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PD]||INR 300|
Fee structure for PG Courses:
|For male applicants [ of General category]||INR 600|
|For female applicants [ of SC/ST]||INR 300|
IIST Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The IIST admission criteria for 2021 have been explained below in detail:
- All applicants must be Indian citizens.
For UG Courses:
- In general, candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1996.
- Reserved category candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1991.
- Candidates must have completed class 10th and 12th from a recognised board with minimum 75% aggregate score. For reserved categories, the aggregate score is 65%.
- Candidates must have compulsorily studied PCM subjects.
- Candidates must have a valid JEE Advanced 2021 scorecard with minimum qualifying marks.
For PG Courses:
- Maximum age limit is 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must have B.Tech/BE/M.Sc from a recognised university with a minimum 60% and 55% marks for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates must be in possession of GATE/UGC NET/JEST scores.
IIST Admission 2021 Rank List
In the third week of June 2021, the rank list will be published for UG courses. In the second week of May 2021, the rank list shall be published for PG courses. All rank lists shall be published in online mode. Based on scores obtained in JEE Advanced exam, UG courses rank list shall be published. Based on GATE/ UGC NET/ JEST scores, PG courses rank list shall be published. For other preferences, candidates need to take a hard copy of the rank card. Candidates whose names appear for PG courses rank list shall be called in for an interview.
IIST Admission 2021 Cut Off
IIST admission cut off range shall be released in the online mode. For proceeding to admission, candidates must have obtained minimum cut off marks. The requisite cut off limits shall be duly published on the website. Cut off lists shall be published based on rank, category, interview performance and seat availability criteria. Candidates who meet the cut off criteria shall be called in for the next round of counselling.
IIST Admission 2021 Counselling
After the publication of the rank list, candidates hall be called in for counselling round in the offline mode. Candidates have to follow the counselling procedures in person. The entire counselling procedure is divided into many rounds, such as seat allotment, document verification, etc. For PG courses, an additional interview/written test shall also be conducted. Document verification is mandatory for all candidates attending counselling round. List of documents for verification:
- Mark sheets and certificates of the qualifying exam.
- Category certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Medical certificate
- Rank card of JEE Advanced/ GATE/UGC NET/ JEST scores.
- Passport size photos etc.