Importance of Sports and Games Essay: Sports improves a person’s physical fitness and gives him immense strength and proper physique. To keep ourselves alert and agile, playing a good sport is necessary. It helps us develop a positive frame of mind and a multi-faceted outlook towards life. Sportspersons achieve all-round development with a good competitive spirit and leadership qualities. Sports personalities are an inspiration to others as they display a high level of teamwork and excellence in their behaviour and achievements.
Essay on Importance of Sports 250 Words in English
Sports is an activity which includes physical exertion and skill performed by an individual or a team. A professional at a competition is referred to as an athlete. The origin of sports is old. Ancient humans used to hunt animals for livelihood, but as they evolved, they became civilised and games changed. Running, swimming, football, cricket, hockey, badminton etc. developed. As time passed, humans realized the significance of sports.
A famous phrase good health is above wealth signifies the importance of sports. It is crucial to maintain the health and sound body. Any sporting activity improves cardiovascular health. Not only it helps in burning calories but also helps in improving our metabolism rate. Moreover, it prevents diseases like hypertension, diabetes, stroke, cardiac arrest, etc.
Engaging in activities like swimming, running and cycling aid our body to utilize and transport oxygen in the blood and lungs, thus improving resistance and endurance. Furthermore, exercise proves to provide relief from stress and enlivens one’s mood. It also helps in warding off osteoporosis by building strong bones and muscles. Sports accelerates the immune system by improving sleep.
Feelings of anxiety, stress, depression is eliminated sharpening focus and self-esteem. It helps to capitalise on these benefits. For students, sports play a vital role in bringing out the best traits they possess. It develops obedience and adherence. In recent times, the game has become a mandatory subject in many schools to improve the performance of the children.
Playing any sport plays an important role in the well-being of an individual. It promotes the overall development of our body by improving our mental, social and physical conditions. Continuous exposure to fitness and conscious diet ward off diseases, thus increasing our life expectancy.
10 Lines on Importance of Sports Essay
- Sport is a kind of physical activity, including some level of competition.
- It requires excellent agility and robust stamina.
- The popular quote all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy marks the significance of sports.
- There are two types of sports-indoor and outdoor sports.
- The one which we play inside the room is indoor, and the one we play outside is an outdoor sport.
- The sports take place between two individuals or two groups.
- It is a kind of activity that fosters discipline, punctuality and teamwork.
- Playing any sports provides motivation, skill and courage to a person.
- Researchers have found that sports improve the mental and physical state of a human.
- It is essential, especially for children to play sports for the betterment of their well-being.