IMU CET 2021: The full form of IMU CET is Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test. The Indian Maritime University conducts the IMU CET Exam. It’s a university level entrance exam conducted every year for offering admissions into UG, PG and diploma courses. BBA course is an exception, and no entrance exam is needed for it. Through IMU CET candidates can successfully seek admission into B.Tech, BBA, B.Sc, M.Tech, MBA courses, etc. Through this article, candidates can gather all relevant information related to IMU-CET 2021 that includes exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process, syllabus and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
IMU CET 2021 Exam Dates
All important events and dates related to IMU CET 2021 are provided below:
|Commencement of application process||1st week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit application||2nd week of May 2021|
|Admit card release date||3rd week of May 2021|
|IMU CET 2021 exam||1st week of June 2021|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2021|
|Counselling session commencement||2nd week of June 2021|
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
The following application process with respect to IMU CET should be understood by every candidate:
- In the first week of April 2021, candidates can begin to send online applications.
- The application process includes filling up the information, uploading documents and finally fee payment.
- Till the second week of Amy 2021, candidates can send their applications.
- Candidates need to upload photograph and signature in correct formats as instructed.
- An e-mail acknowledgement for form submission and details of login credentials are sent to every candidate.
- Preserve a copy of the submitted application form without fail.
Here is the list of documents to be sent to IMU CET 2021:
- Passport-sized photo
- Candidate’s signature
- Class 10th and class 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Degree certificate
- Category certificate
IMU CET 2021 fees can be remitted in the online mode through net banking, debit card or credit card. Fees once remitted cannot be refunded back under any circumstances. Category wise fees are tabulated below:
|For General Merit/ OBC-NCL candidates||INR 1000|
IMU CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The following norms about eligibility criteria should be well understood by every candidate:
- For B.Tech in Marine Engineering and B.Sc in Nautical Sciences – As on 1st August 2021, candidates should be in the age group of 17 to 25 years only. SC/ST candidates can avail age relaxation up to 5 years. Candidates must have completed class 10th and 12th from a recognised board with English and PCM as compulsory subjects of study. The minimum score required in PCM is 60%, and that of English is 50% in class 12th.
- For MBA – Candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with minimum 50% score in the qualifying degree and 50% score in English subject.
- For M.Tech – Candidates must have completed B.Tech/ BE from a recognised university with minimum 60% aggregate score in their degree.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The following section provides information about IMU CET 2021 exam pattern:
- Exam will be conducted in the online CBT mode only.
- Exam duration would be 3 hours.
- Questions would be in MCQ format. Totally 200 questions for UG courses and 120 questions for M.Tech and
- MBA courses would be asked in the paper.
No negative marking. Every right answer fetches 1 mark for the candidate.
IMU CET 2021 Syllabus
Different courses have a varying syllabus to follow:
- For UG courses, candidates need to concentrate more on General aptitude, PCM subjects and English.
- For MBA, candidates can focus on verbal ability and logical reasoning, data interpretation and quantitative ability.
- For M.Tech, candidates need to learn topics from mathematics, English and one amongst these subjects – marine engineering/ civil engineering/ naval engineering etc.
IMU CET 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can make use of these tips to achieve high scores in the exam:
- Keep the exam pattern and syllabus handy. Refer them without fail.
- Study all topics in the syllabus without leaving out any topic.
- Basics and fundamental concepts of every subject need to be understood well.
- Practise plenty of problems through examples and online resources.
- Attend coaching classes if necessary.
- Write down short notes and prepare crisp points for revision.
- Chart out important formulae and derivations for grasping them easily.
IMU CET 2021 Admit Card
From the third week of May 2021, candidates would be able to download their admit card in the online mode. Candidates shall not receive the card through postal means. The admit card contains vital student and exam information. Without admit card, the candidate shall not be allowed to take up the exam. The admit card should be accompanied with a valid ID proof on the day of the exam.
IMU CET 2021 Result
In the second week of June 2021, candidates can expect their results in the online mode. The IMU CET 2021 result card contains the following information – name, marks obtained, registration number of the candidate etc. Along with the result card, candidates can also view the answer keys published alongside the website. Candidates can verify their answers in the answer key to avoid confusion. Result card needs to be preserved for future references.
IMU CET 2021 Cut off
After a few days of result announcement, candidates can check the cut off scores in the online mode. All candidates who score minimum cut off marks stand a chance to seek admission into the courses on offer. Candidates scoring the qualifying marks indicated, stand a chance to go further to the counselling round. Cut off marks depend on these factors – exam difficulty level, seat availability, number of students who attempted the exam etc.
IMU CET 2021 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates who can attend counselling shall be declared on the website. Such candidates need to first register themselves by paying counselling fees. Around the second week of June 2021, candidates can expect the counselling round to take place. Seat allocation depends on exam scores, seat availability, document verification etc. Candidates need to carry requisite documents, both original and copies to the counselling session without fail. The counselling session is conducted in different rounds too.