The Indian Civil Accounts Service or ICAS is a well-known civil service exam conducted under the supervision of UPSC. It is one of the civil services group A headed by the Controller General of Accounts (CGA). It functions with the assist of the Indian Civil Accounts Organisation and conducts a significant role in offering management solutions for the Government of India.
The vital role of this organisation is to support the tax collection system, ensures payment services, performs financial reporting functions, government-wide accounting, preparation of budget estimates as well as supporting the Internal Audit in civil ministries of the Union Government.
Hence, it is concluded that ICAS is a reputed civil service exam, for which students need to have a comprehensive guide in term of the application form, admit card, eligibility, exam pattern, etc. This article has assembled with all the relevant information required to know by all the participants before filling up the application form.
Important Dates for Indian Civil Accounts Service exam 2019
|Start date of the application process||19th February 2019|
|End date of the application process||18th March 2019|
|Release date of admit card for Prelims exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|ICAS Civil service exam 2019 Date for Prelims||2nd June 2019|
|Result of ICAS prelims exam||1st week of August 2019|
|Date of ICAS mains Exam notification||2nd week of August 2019|
|Release date of admit card for Mains exam||1st week of September 2019|
|UPSC ICAS exam 2019 Date of Mains exam||20th September 2019|
|Result of ICAS Mains exam||1st week of December 2019|
|Date of Admit Card for Personality Test||2nd week of January 2020|
|Date of personal Interview and Test||1st week of February 2020|
|Final Results of ICAS exam 2019||May 2020|
Eligibilities to apply for ICAS
Like the other UPSC competitive exams, the eligibility criteria for the Indian Civil Accounts Service exam will be the same.
ICAS exam eligibility as per Nationality
- A candidate should be a citizen of India
- A candidate wishes to be a citizen of Nepal or from Bhutan
- A candidate should be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, Myanmar, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Pakistan, or Sri Lanka with an intention of completely residing in India
- A candidate should be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India earlier than January 1, 1962, in addition to settled permanently in India
ICAS exam eligibility as per Educational Qualification
The candidates who are looking ahead to attempt the Indian Civil Accounts Service must satisfy the following educational eligibilities. Let’s have a look at the educational eligibilities which has been governed by the UPSC for ICAS civil service exam:
- The participants need to have a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognised universities
- The participants who have not completed their bachelor degree yet are eligible to give the ICAS Preliminary Examination. Moreover, these participants will have to offer a proof of passing the stated exam, which has to be accurate and may verify in case of any complexity.
- The participants who have passed the MBBS or any Medical Examination, but, still pending for the internship can also seem for the Main Examination can also attempt this civil service exam. However, for this, they need to place up a certificate from the concerned university or the institute from wherein they’ve passed the final professional medical examination.
- The participants need to have a degree from any of the universities affiliated by the UGC or possess an equal qualification.
- The participants with professional and technical educational qualifications recognised by means of the Government or it’s same are also eligible to attempt the ICAS civil service exam.
Furthermore, the eligibility criteria for the ICAS or Indian Civil Accounts Service exam is the same as other civil service exams.
Once the candidates cleared ICAS exam, they will be allotted as per their rank and will also undergo a thorough training process. In a case, once applied to ICAS exam without fulfilling the above conditions, the candidate will not be able to go to succeeding steps.
Age Limit to attempt Indian Civil Accounts Service
|Minimum age for ICAS exam 2019||21 years|
|Maximum age for ICAS exam 2019||30 years|
Relaxable age limits to attempt ICAS exam
|For participants coming from the State of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|For OBC (Other backward class) candidates||3 years|
|For the deaf-mute, Blind, Orthopaedically handicapped participants||5 years|
|For SC/ST participants||5 years|
|For Military Servicemen||5 years|
|For Ex-servicemen comprising Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
|For ECOs/SSCOs (who completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service)||5 years|
|For Defense Services personnel||5 Years|
Number of attempts to qualify ICAS exam
The number of attempts to become ICAS officer is restricted by the UPSC as per category. Let’ have a look
|Category||Maximum attempts allowed|
ICAS Admit Card
To attempt the UPSC ICAS 2019 exam, the participants are requested to download the preliminary admit card first and for Mains, later on. Moreover, the participants need to fill up the application form to get their admit card by the way of the official web portal, i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
The participants will be issued their e-Admission Certificate 3 weeks before the date of ICAS examination. In short, the participants can get both of their admit card (Prelims as well as Main Examination) by downloading through the official web portal. Moreover, if they want instant downloading, they can click on the following links.
Application form to attempt ICAS Exam
To get registered for the ICAS UPSC exam 2019, the participants are requested to fill up the application form. The recommended mode to fill up the ICAS 2019 application form is online only. It should be noted that offline mode is not accepted to fill up the application form of the ICAS 2019 exam.
For downloading the application form, the participants can take the help of https://upsconline.nic.in/ because it is an official web portal suggested to apply online for the UPSC ICAS exam. Moreover, the interested candidates can take the help of the following link to download the application form of UPSC civil service exam.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern of Indian Civil Accounts Service
The ICAS exam 2019 will have three sections. Each should be qualified to become an ICAS 2019 officer.
- The Civil Services Preliminary exam
- The ICAS Mains exam
- Interview or Personality Test
1. ICAS Preliminary Exam
It will be the first exam to become ICAS officer. For this, the syllabus is designed to analyze a participant’s comprehension of current affairs and aptitude within the given time. Moreover, this Prelims exam will be compulsory to attempt the Main exam. To know about the pattern. Please click on the following link.
2. ICAS Mains exam
Once cleared the ICAS Preliminary exam, the next will be the ICAS 2019 Main exam. It is designed to analyze the participant’s academic expertise in his/her specialised subject. It will have 9 exams. To get ICAS 2019 exam pattern and syllabus, the participants can download it by the way of following links mentioned below.
3. UPSC ICAS Personality Test
Personality test or interviews will be the last step to becoming an ICAS 2019 officer. This level of this UPSC exam will carry 200 marks. In this, the participants will get tested for their entire personality orientation, comprising their communication skills, the presence of mind, listening skills etc. Moreover, the marks obtained from the interview and Mains exam will be analysed for the final results.
Roles and responsibilities of an ICAS officer
Needless to say that ICAS officers are a prominent one. They are government employees acting their tasks as per assigned. The main task of for Indian Civil Accounts Service officers is to strengthen governance through excellence in public financial management. Some of the primary duties of the Indian Civil Accounts Service officer are:
- They will enforce all sorts of information and communication technology to accomplish the intended objectives.
- They will administer an effective and worthwhile system for payment, accounting, and budgeting.
- They will ensure professional integrity through a worthwhile workforce committed to service ethos.
- They will ensure a world-class and solid integrated financial information system.
- They will establish new standards of internal audit for enhanced transparency and accountability.
To crack ICAS exam 2019 is not a daunting task. The participants need to get the help of the above-written matter that will act as a pathway to their victory. Good luck to all!