The ICLS or Indian Corporate Law Service officers are liable to regulate the corporate sector in India. The recruitment of these officers is done by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India. The officers are deemed to conduct under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
In brief, the entire mandate for the ICLS officers is to regulate the corporate sector as well as protecting the rights of the investors, especially small investors.
The details of the ICLS or Indian Corporate Law Service exam 2019 notification are given in the below article. Moreover, the UPSC is going to conduct the examination for different posts such as Group A, B, C & D.
To get the entire information such as Age Limit, Education Qualification, How to Apply, Important dates, Selection Process, Application Fee, Syllabus, keep reading the article.
Important Dates for ICLS Exam 2019
|Starting of the ICLS application process||19.02.2019|
|Closing of ICLS application process||18.03.2019|
|Release of ICLS Prelims admit card||2nd week of May 2019|
|UPSC ICLS Civil services Prelims exam date||2.07.2019|
|Result of ICLS Prelims date||1st week of August 2019|
|Release of ICLS Mains admit card||1st week of September 2019|
|UPSC ICLS Civil services exam Mains date||20.09.2019|
|Result of Main exam||1st week of December 2019|
|Personal Interview date||1st week of February 2020|
|Final Results of ICLS exam||May 2020|
UPSC ICLS Exam Admit Card 2019
The admit card is needed to attempt the ICLS UPSC exam and for this, the candidates are recommended to take the help of the official website of UPSC for downloading their admit cards that will be available in PDF format. It should be that all the candidates appearing for UPSC ICLS examination 2019 will be given a unique admit card with a roll number.
Moreover, the candidates are recommended to take the printout of the same that will be needed during the examination. Hence, while taking a step out for your Indian Corporate Law Service exam 2019, make sure to take your admit card with you.
Application Forms and Procedure for ICLS Exam 2019
To attempt ICLS exam 2019, the candidates are requested to fill up the application form in the proper manner. For this, they can click on the following links. It should be noticed that only those candidates are eligible to get the admit card who filed up the application form.
The interested candidates are suggested to apply online by using the official website of UPSC, i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. The only online applications will be considered valid to attempt the ICLS exam in 2019. Moreover, offline mode is no longer valid to fill up the application form of any civil service exam.
The online application form for ICLS 2019 exam will be of two parts. The candidates are requested to accurately complete the form as per the instructions are given by the UPSC, else it will not consider valid.
Application Fee for ICLS exam 2019
The application form will consider incomplete until the application fee gets submitted. The application fee for fill up the ICLS application form for the General Category and others is Rs. 100 except SC/ST/PH candidates. For these candidates, the fee will be nil.
Moreover, the candidates can pay for their application fee either by way of the internet banking or credit or Debit cards. For those candidates interested for cash payment can take the help of any SBI branch.
While filling up the online application, the candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format which should be 1 KB only. For the photographs, it should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB.
Eligibility Criteria to attempt the Indian Corporate Law Service Exam
1. A candidate must be either
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan
2. A candidate must be an Indian origin who has migrated from Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam, Pakistan, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, with the motive of permanently living in India.
3. A candidate must be a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the motive of permanently living in India.
Eligibility Criteria as per Educational Qualification to attempt the ICLS Exam
1. Candidates must have a Bachelor degree from any of the recognised universities. The candidates need to have a degree from any of the universities affiliated by the UGC or possess an equal qualification.
2. Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by means of the Government are also eligible to attempt the civil service exam.
3. Candidates cleared their bachelor degree are eligible to attempt the Preliminary Examination only and for this, they need to offer a proof of passing the stated exam, which must be accurate. But for the Main exam, they should have their bachelor degrees.
4. Candidates who have done MBBS or any Medical Examination for last 12 months, but, are yet pending to finish the internship will also be liable for the Main Examination. For this, they need to get a certificate from the concerned university showing that they have cleared the medical examination.
Moreover, the eligibility criteria for the ICLS are the same as other civil service exams. Once completed their exam, they will be allotted as per their rank.
Age Limit for ICLS exam 2019
The candidate must have at least 21 years of age on or before 31st August 2018. Moreover, they should not exceed the upper limit of 32 years on 31st August 2018.
Age relaxations for ICLS exam 2019
|OBC (other backward category)||Maximum 3 years|
|SC/ST/ J & K residents in between 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989.||Maximum 5 years|
|Orthopedically disabled/ Hearing Impairment/ Blind candidates||Maximum 10 years|
|Defense service personals disabled during hostilities||Maximum 3 years|
|Ex-serviceman comprising commissioned officer/ECO/SSCOs who have served the military for five years as on 1st August 2017||Maximum 5 years|
Number of Attempts for ICLS Exam
For attempting the ICLS exam, the general category candidates will have maximum of 6 attempts while for OBC-NCL/General PH candidates will have 9 attempts only. Not for ICLS exam but for other civil service exams also.
Moreover, no limits on attempts for the SC/ST category but for PH ICLS exam participants, limits are corresponding to their respective caste.
Functions of Indian Corporate Law Service officers
The functions which ICLS officers will liable to perform are stated as below
- The ICLS officers will liable to manage the Companies Act, the LLP Act and a few more.
- As Official Liquidators (OLs), the ICLS officers are liable for liquidating the companies as ordered by the courts. They may be liable to control the companies’ assets, sell the company assets via public auction, recover debts, settle creditors’ claims, and much more.
- As Regional Directors (RD), the ICLS officers are the heads of the Regional Directorates and they will supervise the work of the RoCs and the OLs.
- As Registrar of Companies (RoC), the ICLS officers register the companies and must make sure that all the companies are filing their annual returns and balance sheets as well as other duties required by their sides. Moreover, they can also carry out investigation and prosecution in case of any crime.
Exam syllabus and pattern for ICLS Exam
There will be basically three stages of the exam but for the final outcome, the marks obtained in Mains and the Interview will be counted only.
Stage-1: Preliminary Exam: There will be 2 papers with Multiple Choice Questions and both will be 200 marks. The total marks required to qualify Preliminary exam is 33%. Only those students will be eligible for the ICLS Main exam, would have qualified for the Preliminary exam.
Although, the marks obtained from the Prelims will not be considered or the final stage. Moreover, there will be negative marking for each inaccurate answer in the Prelims exam. For blind candidates will get 20 minutes extra time for each paper in Prelims.
Stage-2: Main Exam: There will be 9 papers like subjective Type. For this Paper, I and Paper II will be considered the most significant.
Stage-3: Personal Interview: Once cleared up the above two exams, the candidates will consider to go for an interview. Moreover, marks obtained from interview and Main examination will provide the final result.
To get the pattern and syllabus of ICLS exam 2019, the candidates can take the help of the following links.
To become ICLS officers will be easy if you will take the help of the above article. All relevant information has added over it still if you need more help kindly comment in the below-mentioned comment box.