The IPOS exam is conducted to recruit the officers to the post of coming under Group ‘A’ Central Civil Service. In brief, this post comes under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology under the Government of India. With an intention to develop worthwhile administrative control, the whole the postal network of the country is split into twenty-two Postal Circles.
Every circle is headed by a Chief Postmaster General. Moreover, each circle is further split into Regions Comprising groups of field units, called Divisions. To become, IPoS officer in India, the candidates need to attempt the Indian Postal Service 2019 exam.
This article has been assembled to provide all the relevant information needed to attempt the IPoS exam. You will find the important dates, admit card, admission procedure, exam pattern, eligibilities as per age and educational qualification, syllabus, exam pattern.
Important Dates for Indian Postal Service
|IPOS exam 2019 Events||Date|
|Date of notification||February 2019|
|Online registration start date||First week of February 2019|
|Online registration end date||3rd week of March 2019|
|Issue date of Admit card||Last week of May 2019|
|Preliminary exam date||First week of May 2019|
|Preliminary exam result date||Last week of June 2019|
|Date of Main exam admit card||First week of October 2019|
|Main exam date||November–December 2019|
|Main exam result date||First month of 2020 (January)|
|Date of Interview||February to April 2020|
|Final Result date||June 2020|
Eligibility Criteria to qualify IPoS 2019
To fill up application form Indian Postal Service 2019 exam, the candidate is considered to check their eligibility as per nationality:
- They should be a citizen of India
- They should belong to Nepal or Bhutan
- They may be a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, for indelibly settling in India.
- They may migrate from any of the following countries for indelibly settling in India: Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
- They must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the universities or institutes which are recognised by the UGC or its equivalent
- They can attempt or appear for the Preliminary Examination if his/her results are awaited.
- They may be a professional and technical qualification recognised by the Government or its equivalent can apply for IPoS 2019 as well.
- They must have appeared or to appear for the qualifying examination.
Age Limit to qualify IPoS
- They must have attained the age of 21 years
- They must not be above the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2015.
Moreover, there is a relaxation provided by UPSC to attempt the IPoS 2019 as per category
- For SC/ST (Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe), it will be 5 years
- For OBC (Other Backward Classes), it will be 3 years
- For Defence Services personnel, it will be 3 years
- For candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir (from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989), it will be 5 years.
- For ECOs/SSCOs, it will be 5 years
- For blind, handicapped, deaf or orthopedically persons, it will be 10 years
- For ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August 2015, it will be 5 years
In addition, the UPSC has provided a particular limit to attempt IPoS Exam
- The General candidates will allow for 6 attempts only.
- The Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates will get numerous chance or unless they will get passed.
- The OBC (Other backward classes) will allow 9 attempts only.
Admit Card for Indian Postal Service exam
Once done with the application form, the next would be to download e-admit card 2019 to attempt Prelims in addition to Main Exam. It has to be noticed that while not having an admit card, the applicants will not think to go into the examination corridor for IPOS 2019 exam. Moreover, to download prelims e-admit card, you can get the help of the subsequent link
Moreover, the candidates are allowed to download e-Admission Certificate best before 3 weeks of the exam. Let’s find out the steps had to download e-admit card for attempting IPOS 2019:
- Open the official web portal https://upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the e-admit card
- After this, examine the instructions carefully and click on on the sure button.
- Fill up registration ID or Roll number.
- Finally, download the admit card IPOS 2019 exam and ensure to take the printout of the same.
Application form IPOS 2019 Exam
Worthless to say that to go this civil service examination, there is always a need for filling up the application form. These same criteria are valid for IPOS examination 2019. The fact is that from last 3 years, the application form to fill up IPOS exam has been modified to online mode for offline.
Hence, all of the applicants are requested to fill up an online application form only. For this, they can use the official web portal of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in.
Steps to fill up the application form for IPoS exam 2019?
Let’s have a look at the process to fill up the application form to attempt IPOS exam 2019. The fact is that process is simple but students should fill information that is accurate and valid, otherwise, their application will be rejected:
- They are needed to open www.upsconline.nic.in
- They are recommended to submit a single application only. In a case of double application, both will be rejected.
- Once opened the application form, they will download the application form for IPOS exam 2019 (you can take the help of the following link to download IPOS 2019 exam).
- Once downloaded, fill up all the required information accurately.
- Click on submit button and save the form for future reference.
In addition, government candidates may also fill the application form of IPOS 2019, but they should get permission from their employees in the form of the application signed by them.
Moreover, the candidates belong to private employment can also fill up the application for IPOS exam 2019 directly to the commission.
IPoS Exam Pattern and Syllabus
To crack IPoS exam 2019, the candidates are requested to know about the exam pattern and syllabus
1. The pattern of IPoS exam for prelims
Paper 1: General Studies: There will be 100 questions and only 2 hours will be allowed to solve all these questions. The maximum marks will be 200.
Paper 2: Aptitude test: There will be 80 questions and only 2 hours will be given to solve all these questions. The maximum marks will be 200.
Moreover, Prelims IPoS exam will cover the screening test. But the final selection will not cover the marks obtained from the Prelims exam. For the syllabus of Prelims exam IPoS 2019, kindly click on the following links.
2. The pattern of IPoS exam for Mains Examination
In Main IPoS exam 2019, there will be 6 papers and total will be 1400 marks. It is designed to analyse the academic intelligence of the candidates. To download the syllabus to qualify the Prelims of IPoS exam, kindly click on the following link.
3. Personal Interview
The final round of IPoS exam will be a personal interview. It is conducted to analyse a candidate’s personality, whether they are suitable for the job.
Mental alertness, and moral integrity, social cohesion, potential to examine a situation critically, are some key requisite factors that should be in IPoS officer. In addition, a personal interview carries a total of 300 marks.
Duties and responsibilities of the Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
The functions of Indian Postal Service officers are to become responsible for the entire administration of the Postal/ RMS Division wherein they will get posted. This division is basically co-terminus with one or two/ three revenue districts. The important duties and responsibilities of IPoS officers include:
- To maintain customer relations and Public Grievance Redressal Mechanism.
- To plan and manage optimisation and expansion of the postal network.
- To liaison with District, Police and other public authorities
- To make effective management as well as monitoring of postal services and operations.
- To have an administrative control over all the Post Offices and Mail Offices.
- To consider and manage the Recruitment, Transfer, Personnel Management, Promotion and Disciplinary matters of employees and staff relations.
To become IPoS officers with the help of the above article become will easy task as it has almost everything needed to know about the IPoS officer. In a case of any query, kindly comment on the following mentioned box. You will serve very soon.