Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2021: The government has introduced many schemes to empower women to achieve higher education. The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is meant for girls willing to pursue post-graduation studies. It is offered by UGC, a pioneer in distance education in India. The UGC, in collaboration with the Ministry of HRD, the government of India is promoting this prospective scholarship for Indian girls. Girls who are the only child in their families may apply for such a lucrative scheme and reap various benefits from this scholarship. This article gives detail information about Indira Gandhi scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, rewards and benefits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Scholarship Name||Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||Only female candidates can apply.|
|Scholarship Amount||INR 36,200|
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
All candidates interested in applying for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child scholarship should carefully look into these eligibility conditions. They are very important from the applicant’s perspective, and any candidate not fulfilling these norms should stay back and not proceed further to apply. Important eligibility conditions are cited below:
- Only female candidates can apply.
- Candidate should be the only girl child of her family.
- The age of the candidate should be less than 30 years of age.
- Candidate should be willing to pursue post-graduation in a discipline of her choice.
- Candidate should have sought admission into a PG or a full-time master’s course at a recognized university.
- The course should be pursued in full time and must be a regular course only.
- Distance courses and courses being pursued from open universities are not accepted.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Application Process
So far, candidates have understood the important dates to apply for the scholarship and the various eligibility criteria to fulfill. Now let’s come to the most important part of the article.This section discusses the detailed application procedure to apply for the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi scholarship. Take a look at this section in a step-by-step manner:
- Apply to the Indira Gandhi Scholarship through online means by visiting the National Scholarship Portal.
- Go to the homepage and click on new registration.
- Read through every point provided in the guidelines, understand them. Read the declaration and accept it. Click on continue.
- In the registration form, enter all important details like domicile of the candidate, category, type of scheme applying for, applicant’s name and date of birth, contact details, etc.
- In the following section, provide bank details like bank name, account number, IFSC code of branch, and other related details.
- Provide your Aadhaar number, validate it, and thereby click on the ‘Register’ button.
- To your registered mobile number, an OTP will be sent.
- Log into the NSP portal again with the OTP just received.
- Enter the application form area. Fill in all the details correctly.
- Scan documents and upload them in the correct size and format specified.
- Submit the completed application form.
- Candidates shall receive applicant ID and password.
- Save submitted application form for future references.
List of Required Documents
Now that candidates have understood the application process, it’s time to gather all the necessary documents that should be uploaded with the application form. Without uploading documents, forms shall not be accepted. Also, care has to be taken to upload them in the right size and format specified on the NSP portal; else, there are chances of the form getting rejected.
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate of parents
- 10th and 12th mark sheets.
- Graduation mark sheets and certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Fee receipt issued by the educational institution
- Affidavit/declaration citing the status of being a single girl child.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Rewards
The scholarship is given away in the form of a financial grant, and the amount shall be credited to the candidate through DBT or Direct Benefit Transfer. The scholarship grant amount awarded for Indira Gandhi’s Single Girl Child scholarship is INR 36,200. It is an annual grant amount. The amount is given yearly for two years. Nearly 3000 girls pursuing post-graduation are benefited from this scheme.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
Every candidate should be acquainted with certain terms and conditions that act as the basic rules and regulations for this scholarship. Before going to the application section, candidates are advised to read through the eligibility conditions and then the terms and conditions. After understanding them, candidates should see if they qualify in them or not. Later, they may proceed to make the online application process.
- Candidates pursuing post-graduation courses other than full-time courses should strictly not apply.
- It is the responsibility of the institution to verify its student’s candidature and confirm them within the deadline specified.
- Grant of the scholarship is subject to the validation of Aadhaar number of candidate
- Application forms shall be complete in all respects. Missing out important factual information or providing fake information in applications is duly not accepted. Such applications shall be rejected.
- Students should maintain prescribed and consistent merit records. Those who fail to clear exams shall not receive the financial grant.
- The university grants commission shall monitor all students covered under the scholarship scheme. They may conduct the supervision of students from time to time.
- Change, of course, after the scholarship grant is permitted.
- Maintaining a good attendance track record is mandatory.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have made few spelling errors while entering my address details in the application form, can I change it later on?
Answer: There is no way to modify your application form after hitting the submit button. All changes need to be made before pressing the submit button on the application form.
2. In case there are mistakes in my application form, can I make a new application form for the same request?
Answer: No. This isn’t acceptable. Only one application form per candidate registration is allowed. Multiple application forms for a candidate shall lead to rejection of a student’s candidature.
3. I belong to the socially backward class. Can I request for additional grant amount to the scholarship committee?
Answer: No. The grant amount is common and fixed. No additional grant amount shall be provided whatsoever.
4. I have a younger brother in my family, but I’m the only girl child. Can I go ahead with my application?
Answer: No, you cannot, candidates who are single girl child of their family without siblings can apply.
5. Can I apply for other scholarships if I’ve applied/ been selected for this scholarship scheme?
Answer: Yes, you may apply for other scholarships too.
For all enquiries that a candidate may have, the following contact details may be noted:
Address: UGC, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110 002.
E-mail: [email protected]
Helpline number: 0120-6619540.