IOCL Scholarship 2020: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) under the tagline of “The Energy of India” has been a remarkable name in the energy sector of our country. The company has also ventured into the field of education by offering more than 2500 scholarships to deserving candidates across India. This scholarship is offered to a wide array of students at various levels starting from class 10 till higher professional courses like MBA etc. All these scholarships are offered on Merit-cum-Means basis. This scholarship caters to all classes of people like General Merit, SC/ST/OBC/ PWD and special focus on female candidates as well. This article gives detail information about IOCL Scholarship 2020 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, status of the scholarship, selection process, important instructions, rewards and benefits.
IOCL Scholarship 2020
|Provided by||Indian Oil Corporation Limited|
|Scholarship Name||IOCL Scholarship|
|Target Audience||From class 10th to Post graduation, pursing professional courses|
List of Indian Oil Scholarships
There are two types of scholarships offered by IOCL depending on the level of study of the student. They are:
- Indian Oil Merit Scholarship Scheme – For class 10 and ITI students.
- Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme – For students pursuing professional courses like MBA etc.
IOCL Scholarship – Important Dates
IOCL follows a strict timeline when it comes to application processing for students. The table below provides all the necessary information in this regard. Please note – Indian Oil Scholarship dates are tentative.
|Official release of application form||July 2020|
|Deadline to submit the application form||October 2020|
|Online display of the result||November 2020|
|IOCL award scholarship||November 2020|
IOCL Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
IOCL has laid down some general and course specific eligibility criteria for students to follow. Candidates have to look into these conditions before they apply for scholarships. Below we have provided Indian Oil Scholarship eligibility in detail.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Only candidates pursuing full time and regular courses should apply.
- Candidates enrolled in Correspondence courses/ distance education, and online courses are not eligible.
- The educational institutions where candidates are studying must be recognized by MCI/ AICTE/ respective state education boards/ technical education boards of respective states/ ICSE/ CBSE/ ISC boards etc.
- The annual income of parents should not exceed INR 1,00,000.
- General age limit of candidates – min. 15 and max. 30 years as on 01.07.2020
- Reservation criteria – 15% of scholarships are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC, 25% for female candidates and 10% for PWD.
Course Specific Eligibility Criteria
- For class 10 plus courses – Candidates should currently be studying in class 11 of a recognized educational institution. They could also be pursuing 1st year of any intermediate or equivalent course.
- For ITI courses – Full time and regular candidates in the 1st year of ITI course are eligible to apply.
- Engineering and MBBS courses – candidates currently pursuing 1st year of engineering/ MBBS degree can apply.
- MBA – Candidates pursuing 1st year of MBA course in the current academic year can apply.
The table below explains the minimum % of marks needed according to the category of student:
|Course pursued by candidate||General category||SC/ST/ OBC/ Girl candidates||PWD|
|Class 10th plus courses OR ITI courses||65%||60%||50%|
IOCL Scholarship Application Process 2020
Candidates have to follow detailed application procedure in order to apply for the Indian Oil Scholarship 2020. The step by step online application process is explained below:
- Go to the official website – www.iocl.com to access the online application form.
- Enter all details in the application form. Make sure entries are correct.
- After validating details, candidates have to submit the application form.
- Thereafter, a unique registration number shall be displayed for the candidates.
- Candidates need to download/save the online registered application form and take a print out of the same.
- Candidates have to attach a hard copy of documents along with a hard copy of application form.
- All documents need to be attested.
- The application form along with the documents, may be sent via Speed post or Registered post before 31st of October 2020.
The address for posting the application form is as given below:
Sify Technologies Limited,
[IOCL ESS I-TEST division],
Plot no. B7, Sector – 132,
Noida- 201 301, Uttar Pradesh
Documents Required for IOCL Scholarship
All candidates have to attach attested hard copies of these documents and post them along with the application form. Details mentioned in the application form should be verifiable with the documents produced by candidates. List of documents:
- Income certificate issued by civil authorities
- Aadhaar card
- Mark sheets of last qualifying exam
- Class 10th mark sheets
- Caste certificate
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Proof of residence
- Bonafide letter from an educational institution
- ID card issued by an educational institution
- Bank documents
IOCL Scholarship – Rewards
The course wise rewards and benefits awarded to candidates are listed below:
|Course pursued by candidate||Scholarship amount|
|Courses pursued after class 10th/ ITI courses||INR 1000|
In addition to the above incentives, those candidates who appear in the top slot of the merit list prepared by IOCL will receive a bumper cash benefit of INR 10,000.
IOCL Scholarship Selection Process
The IOCL scholarship selection committee formed by IOCL for selecting deserving candidates for the issue of scholarship tests students’ credibility on various parameters.
- The first metric of scholarship selection is based on merit. The higher the merit of the candidate, the higher is the chances of his/her selection.
- The second metric of selection criteria is based on the annual family income of the candidate. Lower the income of his/her family, higher is his chances of selection for the scholarship.
IOCL Scholarship – Important Instructions
- The official portal to apply shall be open/ available to the public only between 1st week of July and last week of September. Thereafter, the application links will become inactive.
- Candidates shall receive SMS and e-mail confirmation messages for submitting the online registered application form.
- Candidates already in receipt of any other scholarship currently should not apply for IOCL scholarships.
- Scholarships will be assigned to selected students on a half-yearly basis directly to the heads of respective institutions.
- The award of scholarship from IOCL does not translate into an offer of employment with the company.
- It is at the sole discretion of IOCL to accept or reject applications based on various metrics of verification and performance of the candidate.
- IOCL reserves the complete right to cancel or modify scholarship grant at any time of the scholarship process.
- IOCL shall reject those applications that are not accompanied with relevant documents without any further notice.
- Providing false and inappropriate information/ false documents to IOCL shall attract legal measures by IOCL.
- Any applications received after 31.10.2020 shall be summarily rejected.
- Applications sent to any other IOCL offices at any other locations shall not be accepted whatsoever.
- All candidates should have a valid bank account in his/her name in any nationalized bank of India.
- Children of IOCL and dependent should not apply for this scholarship.
- The first installment shall be paid for the 1st twelve months, later on, it will be paid on half yearly basis.
Indian Oil Scholarship 2020 – FAQ’s
1. Is there any age relaxation for candidates belonging to reservation categories?
Relaxation is offered in the upper age slab. For OBC classes – 3 years, for SC/ST classes – 3 years, for PWD – 10 years is provided.
2. Can we declare parents income in the form of an affidavit?
No, it is not acceptable. Income certificate issued by civil officials of respective state/ union territory/ central government is acceptable as income proof.
3. I am an OBC candidate listed in the state quota but not listed under union government quota, how do I apply in such a case?
Such candidates should apply under General category quota and not under OBC category quota.
4. What is the minimum qualifying exam to be cleared by candidates for applying to IOCL scholarships?
For 10th plus and ITI courses, class 10th is the minimum qualifying exam. Likewise, for engineering and MBBS, it is 12th standard, and for MBA it is graduation.
5. How many numbers of scholarships are awarded under IOCL scholarships?
2000 scholarships for 10th plus and ITI students, 300 for engineering students, 200 for MBBS students and 100 for MBA students.
The helpdesk number for IOCL scholarships is 9810421827 / 9810422305
Address for posting queries/doubts is as below:
Sify Technologies limited,
[IOCL ESS I-TEST division],
Plot no. B7, Sector – 132,
Noida- 201 301
Email address: [email protected]