The Union Public Service Commission is a constitutional body having the power to arrange and take civil service exams such as IP&TAFS Exam, IES Exam, CDS Exam, IAS Exam, IFS Exam, etc. to recruit officers for government service for different posts. Today, an article has been assembled that will let you know about one of the prominent civil service exams named as an IP&TAFS exam.
What is IPTAFS Exam?
The Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service or IP&TAFS is a competitive exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India. The basic intention of this exam is to recruit the officers for the Department of Telecom & Department of Posts in India.
The fact is that IPTAFS is a Group ‘A’ service which was constituted in 1973 for ensuring accounting and financial services to the Indian posts and telecommunications departments. This article will explain you thoroughly about the significant information of IPTAFS exam like an application form, admit card, pattern, syllabus, etc.
Important Dates for IPTAFS
|Online Registration Start Date||First Week of February|
|Closing date of Online Submission||6th March 2018|
|Preliminary Exam Admit Card Released||Three Weeks Before The Examination Starts|
|Date of Prelim Exam 2018||3rd June 2018|
|Result Date of Preliminary exam||In The Month of July|
|IPTAFS Civil Services Main Examination Date||28-09-2018, 29-09-2018, 30-09-2018, 06-10-2018, 07-10-2018|
Eligibility criteria for IP&TAFS Exam
Nationality eligibility for IP&TAFS Exam 2019
- The aspirants should be a citizen of India
- Aspirants should be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India before January 1, 1962. Furthermore, they must be settled completely in India.
- The aspirants must be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from these countries only like Pakistan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zaire, Zambia, Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, or Sri Lanka with an intention of living in India. Furthermore, the government should have issued a certificate in their favour.
- Aspirants should be the citizen of Nepal
- Aspirants should be the citizen of Bhutan
Eligibility Criteria to attempt in the IP&TAFS exam as per Educational Qualification
- The aspirants should have done a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University. He/she may have professional or technical qualifications recognised by the Government as well
- Aspirants can appear for the IPTAFS exam even if their results for a particular exam is pending. These aspirants can sit for Prelim Exams.
- The aspirants may pass the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination. For these aspirants, it is recommended to get a certificate revealing that they have completed medical degree. Moreover, if they are pending with internship, again, they become eligible to crack the IPTAFS civil service exam.
Age Limit to attempt the IP&TAFS civil service exam 2019
|The minimum age to attempt IPTAFS||21 years|
|The maximum age to attempt IPTAFS||30 years|
Relaxable Age Limit to attempt IP&TAFS exam 2019
|For participants belong to the State of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|For J&K Domicile Candidates||5 years|
|For OBC (Other backward class) candidates||3 years|
|For Ex-servicemen (Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs)||5 years|
|For the Blind, Low Vision, Partially deaf, and Orthopaedically handicapped participants||10 years|
|For SC/ST participants||5 years|
|For Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers||5 years|
Number of attempts to qualify the IP&TAFS civil service exam 2019
To qualify the IP&TAFS 2019 exam, the aspirants can get more chances but these are restricted as per caste. The maximum attempts they can get is prescribed as follows
|For General category participants||6 attempts|
|For Physically handicapped participants||9 attempts|
|For OBC (Other Backward classes)||No limit|
|For SC/ST participants||9 attempts|
Admit card for IPTAFS 2019
To get entered for Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service civil service exam, the aspirants are requested to download the admit card. An admit card is mandatory for every aspirant going to attempt IPTAFS exam 2019.
Without it, no aspirant is allowed to attempt the exam, moreover, interested aspirants can download IP&TAFS 2019 exam admit card which is going to conduct on June 02, 2019 by the help of the following links:
- Open the official website – https://upsconline.nic.in
- Now click on e-Admit Card
- After this, click on e-Admit Card where you can download your admit card
- Now read the instructions and click on Yes
- Click on By Registration Id or you can add your Roll Number
- Finally, download your Admit Card and take a printout for further reference
Application form for IP&TAFS 2019 exam
To get registered for the Indian Post & Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service or IP&TAFS exam, the aspirants are requested to fill up the application form. The recommended mode to apply for the application form is online to apply for IPTAFS exam 2019.
The offline mode is not accepted. It will be best if aspirants can take the help of https://upsconline.nic.in/ to fill up their application form. Moreover, it is an official web portal recommended to apply online for the UPSC IP&TAFS 2019.
IPTAFS Exam Pattern
The pattern which can come to IP&TAFS examination is the considerable part that has to be recognized by the aspirants going to attempt the exam. It has been designed in a manner to let the examiner verify the abilities of the participants in a dependable and coherent manner. The officials might be susceptible to verify the thorough intellectual traits and levels of the aspirants.
Moreover, IP&TAFS examination is conducted in 3 ranges- Prelims, Mains and Interview. Let’s discuss all three tiers, one at a time as follows:
1. Preliminary Examination (400 Marks)
The Preliminary exam is likewise known as Prelims examination, which consists of two papers of 200 marks each. It is called the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) as well and commonplace test for all aspirants. Let’s discuss the pattern prescribed in the prelims examination:
- Both the questions appear will contain multiple questions as well as about 2 hours. These will be in English and Hindi language.
- For blind aspirants, 20 minutes extra will be given. Hence, the blinds can participate in the IP&TAFS exam as properly.
2. Main Examination (2025 Marks)
The aspirants who cleared the Preliminary exam will be eligible for the Main exam. Furthermore, the marks acquired within the Main exam will be taken into consideration to turn out to be eligible for an interview segment. Furthermore, the whole Main exam and interview may be taken into consideration for the end result.
Once completed the above two tests, the subsequent, as well as the last, maybe the interview. It needs to be mentioned that the marks of the Main examination, as well as the interview, might be taken into consideration to reveal the final results. Therefore, attempt your Main examination carefully.
Syllabus to attempt IP&TAFS examination 2019
As stated above, the UPSC or Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam Syllabus is divided into three classes, specifically Preliminary, Mains and Interview.
The Preliminary syllabus is specially designed to judge an aspirant’s comprehension of current affairs and aptitude within the restricted time. The preliminary paper is a mandatory and significant paper.
The Mains syllabus is designed to assess an aspirant’s academic expertise in his/her specialised concern. The syllabus additionally specialises in trying out aspirants’ capability to offer know-how in a clear and coherent way. Basically, the main exam has 9 papers and the syllabus is designed according to the subjects distinct.
The Preliminary and Mains syllabus is designed as a written test. The aspirants who emerge a success in the Preliminary and Main exam, can become eligible for the interview.
Moreover, the interested aspirants can take the help of the following link to download entire syllabus to attempt IP&TAFS examination 2019.
Functions that will be conducted by the IPTAFS officers
- Assessing and gathering the License Fee and the Spectrum usage charges from the telecom licenses.
- Supervising budget in the departments of telecom and posts.
- Managing and conducting inner audits in the departments of telecom and posts.
- Arranging and conducting spectrum public sale.
- Examining and finalising of policies within the departments of telecom and posts.
- Arranging pensions in the departments of telecom and posts, MTNL and BSNL.
Hence, it has been cleared that the entire procedure of applying or attempting the IPTAFs exam is quite simple but the preparation process is tough. The aspirants should have to work hard to grab the position.
Moreover, the aspirants can download the syllabus from the links provided. Make sure that to fill up the application form as well as complete all process accordingly.
If they need some more information, then they should have to comment in the below box. We will serve them soon.