IPU CET 2021: The full form of IPU CET is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) conducts CET for offering admission into various UG and PG professional courses for eligible candidates. Candidates can seek admission into engineering, technology, management, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, law programs etc. This is a university-level exam and candidates can seek admission through NEET scores and MBBS/BDS courses through this exam. This article comprehensively discusses the IPU CET 2021 that includes exam dates, application/registration process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
IPU CET 2021 Exam Dates
In this section, we will learn the important events and dates related to IPU CET.
|Course||Last Date for Application||Exam Dates 2021||Result Declaration|
|MBA(IT)||2nd week of April||3rd week of April||1st week of May|
|B.Sc(Nursing)||2nd week of April||4th week of April||4th week of May|
|B.Tech||1st week of May||2nd week of May||1st week of May|
|LLB||1st week of May||3rd week of May||Last week of May|
|MCA/MCA(SE)||1st week of May||3rd week of May||4th week of May|
|MBA||1st week of May||Last week of May||2nd week of June|
|BCA||1st week of May||2nd week of May||4th week of May|
|BBA||1st week of May||Last week of May||2nd week of June|
|B.Ed||1st week of May||2nd week of May||4th week of May|
IPU CET 2021 Application Form
The section below provides complete information about IPU CET 2021:
- IPU CET 2021 shall be available in the online mode.
- Two forms, one for personal and general information and the other for course details and fee payment needs to be completely filled up.
- Along with form entries, candidates need to upload a scanned signature, left-hand thumb impression and recent passport-sized photos in necessary formats.
- The form, once submitted, cannot be edited. No application correction window is provided.
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the submitted form for future references.
Only online mode of fee payment is permitted. Candidates need to pay INR 1000 per program through online banking/ credit cards or debit cards for remitting the fee.
IPU CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility conditions provided in the IPU CET 2021 information brochure before filling up the form:
- All Indian citizens can apply for IPU CET 2021
- For UG courses, the minimum age limit is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 21 years.
- For PG courses, the minimum age limit is 21 years, and the maximum age limit is 35 years.
- For Bachelor of Vocation, candidate’s age should not exceed 45 years.
- For B. Tech in Biotechnology, candidates should have passed class 12th with minimum 55% score in a very subject of PCM with biology/biotechnology and English language.
- For M.Tech in Tool Engineering, candidates should have secured 60% marks in B.Tech/ B.E in tool engineering/ mechanical/ mechanical and automation/ production/ production and industrial engineering/ equivalent courses.
- For MBA courses, the candidate should have obtained a bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology or similar discipline or passed the final exam of ICSI/ICWAI/ICAI and obtained minimum 50% qualifying score.
IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IPU CET 2021 is discussed below:
- Around April-May 2021, IPU CET 2021 shall be conducted in the offline mode.
- Paper will be set in English language and consist of MCQs.
- For B. Tech course, exam duration is 150 minutes and 3 hours for other courses.
- Total marks for exam paper is 600 marks.
- B.Tech paper shall have 150 questions totally.
- Every right answer fetches 4 marks, and every wrong answer attracts a penalty of 1 mark.
IPU CET 2021 Syllabus
The brief highlights of IPU CET 2021 syllabus are provided below:
- The syllabus shall vary according to the programme opted for.
- For UG courses, syllabus shall be according to class 12th topics.
- For PG courses, syllabus shall be on par with graduation subject topics.
- For B. Tech in biotechnology program, topics from physics, chemistry, maths and biology (botany and zoology) from class 12 shall be asked.
- For MBA course- Topic pertaining to English language and comprehension, numerical ability, general awareness, reasoning ability, data interpretation shall be covered.
IPU CET 2021 Preparation Tips
- Candidates should start practising for the exam well in advance without any delay.
- Concentrate on the most important parts of the syllabus and do not leave any topic untouched.
- Study from recommended authors books only.
- Seek expert guidance for gaining knowledge on a variety of problems that may be asked.
- Solve mock test papers and online tests to assess your learning.
- Improve your weaker areas and develop the required skills for solving problems in the given time duration.
- Solve plenty of exemplar problems from NCERT textbooks and use visual aids to learn mathematical formulae easily.
IPU CET 2021 Admit Card
IPU CET admit cards shall be made available in the online mode and candidates can enter their login id and password to download them. For different courses, the admit cards shall be issued on different dates correspondingly. All details printed on the card should be carefully scrutinised to avoid future discrepancies. Candidates must carry their admit cards and valid ID proof to the exam hall without fail. Candidates without admit cards shall not be allowed to appear for the exam.
IPU CET 2021 Result
A few days after the exam, candidates shall obtain results in the online mode. All candidates who have secured qualifying marks in the IPU CET 2021 shall be displayed in the result list. Candidates shall not receive personal intimation for result announcement and counselling procedure, all details shall be published online on the website.
IPU CET 2021 Cut off
Cut off range depends on the number of candidates appearing for the exam, toughness level of the papers and previous year cut off marks, marking scheme of the paper and number o seats available for every course on offer. Merit list displaying ranks of qualifying students shall be published by the university. The merit list shall display the course to which the candidate has applied for and is valid only for the current academic session. Cut off scores shall be released in separate lists namely All India merit list, Delhi and outside Delhi candidates. Candidates who successfully score cut off marks shall be eligible for counselling and further admission rounds.
IPU CET 2021 Counselling
University conducts counselling to those candidates who have secured minimum qualifying marks and fulfil eligibility norms and admission criteria. Before the start of every counselling session, a detailed schedule of the procedure shall be notified by authorities. Around the last week of March, first and second counselling schedules are expected to be released. Seat availability under each course is also a major factor in deciding a candidate’s selection. Candidates shall be shortlisted for counselling based on the order of ranks in the merit list.