Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021: The rate of higher education in the northeastern parts of India is relatively less compared to other parts of the country. To increase enrolments of people in higher education, particularly in the northeastern regions, the UGC started the Ishan Uday scheme for financially backward children from the year 2014. The scholarship was formed based on expert recommendations from various state government entities, North Eastern (NE) region universities, Ministry of HRD, the northeastern councils, etc. Based on their suggestions, the Ishan Uday scheme was formulated. This article provides detail information about Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, selection process, renewal, result, rewards and benefits.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Scholarship Name||Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region Central Scheme|
|Eligible Standard||Only North Eastern domiciled candidates can apply.|
|Last Date of Application||October 31, 2021 (Tentative)|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Ishan Uday – Objectives
The Ishan Uday scholarship is a great boon to the NE regions of India. Their main objectives are listed below:
- To promote excellence and provide diverse opportunities when it comes to higher education for students of NE India.
- The enrolment ratio of students at present in higher educational institutes is sparse. This is due to a lack of financial support. Ishan Uday scholarship wants to eliminate such gaps.
- Professional and technical education needs greater boosts in the NE region. Ishan Uday schemes are working towards achieving this.
- The northeastern regions receive their regular budgetary allocation for education. Through such schemes, the government is able to ensure optimum utilization of resources.
- This scholarship aims to help as many as 10,000 students through this scholarship scheme.
- Courses covered under this scholarship scheme include professional/ technical courses, regular degree courses, medical and paramedical courses, integrated courses, etc. recognized by the government.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The important eligibility conditions to apply for Ishan Uday scholarship is given below. Candidates have to check the eligibility criteria carefully before proceeding to make an ONLINE application. Details are given below:
- Only NE domiciled candidates can apply.
- Candidates need to have passed the 12th standard or equivalent exam.
- The board of passing the 12th exam could be the state board of NER/ ICSE/CBSE/ NIOS associated with the NE regions.
- Candidate should be pursuing the first year of one of these courses – professional/ technical courses, regular degree courses, medical and paramedical courses, integrated courses, etc. recognized by the government, under UGC act, etc.
- Candidates who are not in their first year of UG courses can’t apply.
- For five year integrated courses, the scholarship will cover the entire duration of the course.
- When it comes to candidates pursuing dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be awarded only to the first degree.
- An annual income of parents to be less than 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Transgender candidates can also apply under this scheme.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Process
Before applying for this scholarship, candidates must ensure they fulfil all the eligibility criteria. This scholarship is completely ONLINE based, and candidates have to look out for an application in the official portal between the months of July to October. The indicated timeline is only tentative, and it can vary year to year. Step by step application process is given below:
- Visit the UGC website [www.ugc.ac.in] and click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Candidates would be redirected to the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click the tab indicating ‘UGC schemes.’
- Locate the link for Ishan Uday scholarship and click on it.
- As a first-time user, candidates need to register on the NSP portal with correct login ID and password.
- Basic information like academic details, Aadhaar number, bank details, and others shall be required.
- The application ID of a candidate shall be provided. This ID is based on the particular state of the NE region that he/she belongs to.
- Use this application ID as the login ID to log into the NSP portal.
- In the application form, fill in all required details like name, date of birth, contact information, identification details, etc.
- After this step, an OTP shall be generated successfully. Enter the OTP in a relevant area.
- Upload all documents mentioned, along with application form.
- SUBMIT the application form.
- Save the submitted application as PDF or take a print copy of the same.
Documents Required for Ishan Uday Scholarship
All attachments to be made along with the application are listed below in this section. Few documents like certificates and other official documents that need approval can be downloaded from the official website. List of documents are:
- Aadhaar card.
- Domicile certificate.
- Income certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Fresh scholars have to give Joining proforma.
- Renewal proforma [ for renewal process]
- Quarterly scholarship continuation letter.
- Affidavit/ undertaking for not having availed any other scholarship during the tenure of the Ishan Uday scheme.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Renewal Process
Candidates receiving this scholarship shall continue getting the benefits as long as they are able to prove satisfactory performance and meet minimum attendance criteria. Step by step Ishan Uday Scholarship renewal process is given below:
- If a student fails in the subsequent year, the scholarship would be discontinued for that particular year. After re-joining in the next year after the failure period, the candidate would be able to receive the amount once again.
- In case a candidate fails to appear for exams to medical emergency/ ill health/ bad medical condition, the scholarship shall be continued for next year. Such candidates shall provide a medical fitness certificate to obtain benefits.
- Performance report of the candidate duly signed by HOD where the candidate is studying also needs to be submitted.
- In case of a change of branch under technical/ professional streams, the continuation of the scholarship is valid. The changes must be brought to immediate notice of the UGC committee.
- If a candidate changes his educational institution and that school/college is also recognized by the government, then scholarship shall be continued.
- Change of branch/ college/ school is permitted only once during the entire tenure of the scholarship.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards
Ishan Uday scholarship gives away nearly 10,000 fresh scholarships to students every year. The specific decision for the allocation of scholarships to each state is directly based upon the population rate of the states. If certain slots in few states are unfilled for scholarships, then the unfilled seats shall be again re-distributed among all states. Some of the most promising rewards are listed below:
- INR 5400 every month for students enrolled in general degree courses.
- INR 7800 for students enrolled in professional/technical streams. [Medical and Paramedical courses included]
All candidates shall receive scholarship amounts through the mode of DBT [Direct Benefit Transfer].
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. I am currently pursuing a course through distance education mode but domiciled in the NE region. Can I avail of the Ishan Uday scholarships?
Answer: No. Candidates doing distance education courses can’t apply.
2. I am receiving government scholarships for my course already. Am I eligible to apply for another one under the Ishan Uday scheme?
Answer: Candidates selected for Ishan Uday scholarships are not eligible to apply for any other scholarships.
3. I applied for a scholarship, but I gained admission through management quota, what are my chances of getting the scholarship?
Answer: Management quota students are ineligible to apply for this scholarship; such applications shall be out-rightly rejected.
4. I am pursuing my Diploma course currently. Am I eligible for the Ishan Uday scheme?
Answer: No, studies that take you further to the award of a degree shall be acceptable under the Ishan Uday scheme.
5. Are there any reservations in this scheme for physically disabled candidates?
Answer: Yes, there is a 3% reservation for persons with disabilities under this scheme.
For details/ doubts/ further queries that students have regarding Ishan Uday scheme, they can feel free to contact on the below-mentioned details:
E-mail: [email protected]
Helpline Number: 0120- 6619540