ISI 2021: The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) shall conduct a national level entrance exam every year. Through this entrance exam, candidates can seek admission into various UG and PG courses such as B.Stat (Hons), B. Math (Hons.), M. Math, M. Tech (CS), MS (QMS), MS (QE) etc. This article provides complete details about ISI 2021 exam and admission into various courses. Let us read further to know more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
ISI 2021 Exam Dates
Let us find out the important timeline of events and corresponding dates in the table below:
|Official release of notification||January 2021|
|Commencement of application process||1st week of February 2021|
|Deadline to submit application form||2nd week of March 2021|
|Deadline for fee payment||3rd week of March 2021|
|Release of admit card||April 2021|
|ISI 2021 Exam||2nd week of May 2021|
|Answer key publication||2nd week of May 2021|
|Deadline to submit challenges and objections||2nd week of May 2021|
|Result announcement||4th week of May 2021|
|1st admission list publication||1st week of July 2021|
ISI 2021 Application Form
Candidates can go through the full application process in this section:
- Candidates can access the application form in the online mode from the first week of February 2021.
- There is no other mode of sending the application form.
- Candidates need to enter their academic details, contact details and personal information in the form.
- Candidates also need to upload their scanned passport size photo and signature in the documents section.
- The prescribed photo size is 50 KB, and signature size is a maximum of 30KB in JPG/JPEG format.
- Applications must be sent before the second week of March 2021.
- Candidates can save a hard copy of the submitted application for future reference.
Fees can be remitted in both online and offline modes. Online payment can be made through net banking/ debit card/ credit card facilities. Offline payment can be made through SBI challan. The category wise application fees are tabulated below:
|General merit||INR 1250|
|SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD categories||INR 625|
ISI 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can follow the details regarding eligibility criteria from this section:
For B. Math (Hons.) and B.Stat (Hons.)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board. They should have studied Maths and English subjects compulsorily. Those candidates who are appearing for class 12th in the current year may also apply.
For PG Courses
- For M.Stat, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university.
- For M. Math, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university with Maths as a compulsory subjects.
- For M. Tech in CS, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university or master’s degree in maths/ electronic science/ physics/ computer science/ computer applications etc.
ISI 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can follow the detailed exam pattern given below in this section:
- Exam shall be conducted in the offline mode.
- Question paper will contain both MCQs and descriptive type questions.
- Question paper consists of two sections A and B.
- Exam duration is of two hours.
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark shall be deducted.
- Marking scheme shall vary depending on the course also.
ISI 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for ISI 2021 shall depend on the course selected by the candidate. For UG courses, candidates should study from class 10th and 12th syllabus subjects. Candidates must give due importance to Maths and allied subjects. For M.Stat course, candidates should study from Maths and Statistics subjects. For all PG courses, candidates should refer to their graduation subjects.
ISI 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow these guidelines for a comprehensive preparation:
- The exam pattern, syllabus and marking scheme should be very well understood by the candidates.
- Make a strategic time table and follow the routine thoroughly.
- Solve numerical and learn the important derivations and formulae without any confusion.
- Solve mock test papers and previous year papers to understand the type of questions in the exam.
- Make short notes and crisp points for revision.
- Improve your confidence level by practising well and maintaining time limit.
- Focus on tough sections of the exam and improve your skills in these areas.
ISI 2021 Admit Card
All candidates can download their admit card in the online mode after the third week of April 2021. Candidates should solve any discrepancies found in the admit card. To the exam hall, candidates must carry their admit card along with a valid ID card. All candidates can download admit card by entering correct login credentials.
ISI 2021 Answer Key
Answer keys shall be made available to students after the exam. In the second week of May 2021, candidates can download answer keys in online mode. Candidates can express their challenges and objections to primary answer keys. Later, the authorities shall resolve these objections and later publish the final answer keys in PDF format.
ISI 2021 Result
In the fourth week of May 2021, candidates can expect the publication of results in the online mode. Results shall be published in the form of a merit list. Candidates can enter their application number and registered password to check results. Selected candidates whose names appear in the merit list shall be called in for interview and document verification processes. Results shall be declared in the format of name, registration number, marks obtained and rank of the candidate.
ISI 2021 Admission
Admission process for ISI admission involves these steps – interview, written test, document verification and any other steps notified by authorities. All shortlisted candidates shall find their names appearing in the merit list. During the verification round, candidates shall produce original documents. Candidates shall get seat allocation after producing original documents only. Waiting list and seat allocation list shall be published by authorities. Following documents need to be brought for document verification round:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- ISI 2021 admit card and scorecard
- Medical fitness certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photos etc.