Might be you have heard about the IAS civil service exam the most. Apart from it, there are other civil service exams conducted by the government of India to recruit employees in different positions. One of them is termed as ITS exam, which is called as Indian Trade Services exam as well. This civil service exam is well reputed and prominent where you will find the same regard as expected from other services.
What is ITS Exam?
Indian Trade Service or ITS is a group A civil service, created as a specialised cadre to supervise India’s international trade & commerce, on the basis of the recommendations of the Mathur Committee in 1965. This group was established in 1965 which has been controlled by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce.
Moreover, this group has many regional offices across India, hence it plays a significant role in India’s foreign trade with its policy formulation and implementation. Furthermore, this department is directed by way of a Secretary who is assisted by means of a Special Secretary & Financial Adviser, three Additional Secretaries, 13 Joint Secretaries, and Joint Secretary level officers and a good variety of other senior officials.
The ITS Department is functionally divided into the following nine Divisions
International Trade Policy Division
Foreign Trade Territorial Division
Export Products Division
Export Industries Division
Export Services Division
Administration & General Service Division
ITS Exam 2019 Important Dates
|Date of Notification for ITS Civil Services||19-02-2019|
|Online Registration Start Date||18-03-2019|
|End date of online submission||First week of Feb.|
|Admit Card (Preliminary Examination)||May 2019|
|Civil services Preliminary examination date||02-06-2019|
|ITS Civil services main examination date||20-09-2019|
Eligibility Criteria to participate in ITS exam as per Nationality
- Participate should be a citizen of India
- Participants have to be a Tibetan Refugee who got here in India before January 1, 1962, as well as settled thoroughly in India
- Participants ought to be a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Zaire, or Sri Lanka with an intention of thoroughly residing in India
- Participants should be the citizen of Nepal
- Participants should be the citizen of Bhutan
Eligibility Criteria to participate in ITS exam as per Educational Qualification:
- A participate ought to have a degree from any of the recognised universities or own an equivalent qualification
- Participants appearing at their degree exam can also compete. If they qualify on the end result of the written a part of the examination, they are liable to submit the proof of passing the particular examination along with their detailed application form to be filled in at that level.
- A participate should preserve a Bachelor’s degree with as a minimum one of the topics, particularly, Physics, Statistics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised college/university or equivalent.
Age Limit to participate in ITS
|Minimum Age||21 years|
|Maximum Age||30 years|
Relaxable Age Limit
|For Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers||5 years|
|For Defense Services personnel||5 years|
|For OBC candidates||3 years|
|For ECOs/SSCOs who have accomplished an initial period of assignment of 5 years of Military Service||5 years|
|For the Blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped participants||10 years|
|For SC/ST participants||5 years|
|For participants belong to the State of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
Number of attempts to qualify ITS Exam
To qualify ITS exam, the participants can get more chances but these are restricted as per caste. The maximum number of attempts to qualify ITS exam is prescribed as follows:
|For Physically handicapped participants||9 attempts|
|For General category participants||6 attempts|
|For SC/ST participants||No limit|
|For OBC participants||9 attempts|
Application form for ITS 2019
To get registered for the Indian Trade Service or ITS exam, the participants are requested to fill up the application form Its 2019. The recommended mode to apply for the application form is online.
It will be best if participants can take the help of https://upsconline.nic.in/ to fill up their application form. It is an official web portal recommended to apply online for the UPSC ITS exam.
ITS Admit card 2019
To attempt ITS exam, admit card is mandatory. It is recommended to download the admit card before 10 days of ITS exam, otherwise, you will not eligible to attempt the ITS exam. To download ITS exam admit card, click on this link.
Indian Trade Service Exam Pattern
The pattern that can come to ITS examination is the significant part that must be known by the participants before indulging in the exam. It has been designed in a manner that will let the examiner assess the competencies of the participants in a reliable and coherent way. The officers will be liable to assess the thorough intellectual traits and levels of the participants.
Moreover, ITS exam is conducted in three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview.
Let’s discuss all three stages one by one as follows:
Preliminary Examination (400 Marks)
The Preliminary examination is also known as Prelims exam, which consists of two papers of 200 marks each. It is known as the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) as well and common test for all participants. Let’s have a look at the pattern mentioned in the prelims exam:
- Both the question papers are of the multiple choice questions. It will for 2 hours
- The question papers will come in both English and Hindi. But questions related to English Language Comprehension skills would be supplied simplest in English.
- Moreover, the blind candidates would be endowed a further 20 mins of time for every exam. Hence, the blinds can participate in ITS exam as well.
Main Examination (2025 Marks)
- The participants who cleared Preliminary examination become eligible to enter for the Main examination.
- Moreover, the marks obtained in the Main examination will be considered to become eligible for an interview section. Furthermore, the total Main exam and interview will be considered for the final result.
Once completed the above two exams, the next, as well as the last, will be the interview. It should be noted that the marks of the Main examination, as well as the interview, will be considered to declare the final outcome. So attempt your Main examination carefully.
Roles and Responsibilities expected from the ITS officers
Once cleared out the ITS exam, the officers are becoming eligible to be assigned in the different positions:
- Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
- Assistant Director General of Foreign Trade
- Joint Director General of Foreign Trade / Director
- Additional Director General of Foreign Trade / Development Commissioner
Preparation tips to crack ITS exam
Every civil service exam can be cracked if the participants can follow the tips. Today, this article has assembled the tips to crack UPSC 2019 ITS examination. Let’s have a look at these:
Make a timetable and prepare accordingly
It will be best to prepare ITS examination accordingly the timetable. Your timetable should be restricted and tight. It means it should have a restricted schedule that can cover all the syllabus. It will be best to make your timetable as soon as possible.
Make sure to cover the whole syllabus
Never suppose to cover 80-90% of your Its syllabus. It is a civil service exam in which the list of participants is very big but the list of selected participants will be very small. Hence, you should consider the completion factor a lot while preparing for this exam. It should be your duty to consider to cover the whole syllabus otherwise, you can’t crack ITS 2019. To get the ITS 2019 whole syllabus in precise and accurate manner, download it by the way of the following link.
Make sure to take the help of previous year’s question papers
Take the help of previous years’ question papers will be the greatest decision. These will let you know about the pattern as well as important questions that may be appearing again. It will help you to prepare the whole syllabus accordingly the ITS exam pattern
Make sure to indulge in the revision process thoroughly
Revision is part of preparation that will let you analyse yourself. The revision should be thorough and can be done 2 to 3 times.
Hence, it’s time to crack the ITS exam 2019 by taking the help of above article. Everything has been included that will help you to crack this civil service exam easily. If you still need some help or feeling confused, then you can comment in the comment box any time.
Good luck to all!