JEECUP 2021 Exam Pattern consists of the entire details related to the exam such as syllabus, question paper type, exam mode, exam duration, marking scheme, total no. of questions. JEECUP 2021 also referred to as UP Polytechnic is a state-level entrance examination of Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education (UPBTE), Lucknow administers this exam. Candidates shall be assessed through this entrance examination, and the qualified candidates shall be offered admission into diploma courses in engineering, non-engineering, and other technical disciplines. In this article, all the comprehensive details regarding the UPJEE Exam Pattern 2021 are furnished.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
JEECUP 2021 Exam Pattern
JEECUP 2021 Examination shall be directed for all groups, i.e. Group A to Group K. For every group of JEECUP, one paper shall be present. The paper differs for every exam and also the syllabus is different for every group. In the below section, relevant details related to UP Polytechnic exam pattern 2021 are briefed:
- The exam paper comprises 100 questions. A distinct question paper is designed for every group in which the questions shall be framed according to the opted course.
- Objective type questions shall be present in the examination paper where every question contains four options.
- The candidates are supposed to choose the right answer out of them.
- The question paper is formulated into two columns, one in Hindi and other in English Medium.
- The subjects for the paper depends on the group type.
- JEECUP shall be supervised in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper-based mode.
- The duration given to solve the paper is 3 hours.
- Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses) – 9:00 am to 12:00 noon;
- Group E – 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Group B to I – 9 to 12 noon;
- Group K1 to K8 – 2:30 pm. to 5:30 pm.
- For every question, 4 marks are allocated.
- 1 mark is reduced for every incorrect response, and if the candidates provide two answers for the same question, then that question shall be considered wrong, and 1 mark shall be reduced for the same.
Subject Wise Question Percentage
|Groups||Courses||Subject wise question percentage|
|Group A||Engineering & Technology Diploma||Maths-50%|
Physics & Chemistry -50%
|E1 (Bio)||Diploma in Pharmacy||Physics & Chemistry -50% Biology -50%|
|E2 (Math)||Diploma in Pharmacy||Physics & Chemistry -50% Maths-50%|
Physics, Chemistry & Agriculture -50%
|C||Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and Engineering||English & Hindi comprehension-20% Reasoning & Intelligency-50%|
|D||Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice|
Library & Information Science
|English & Hindi comprehension-30%|
Reasoning & Intelligency-35%
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture)||Chemistry – 50%|
Botany – 25%
|G||Post Graduate Diploma course||English comprehension-20%|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology||Reasoning & Logical Discussion-25%|
Numerical Ability & Scientific attitude-25%
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Physics & Chemistry-50%|
|K1||1. Civil Engineering 2.Civil Engineering (Environment & Pollution Control)||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Civil Engineering -60%
|K2||1.Electrical Engineering 2. Electrical Engineering (Industrial Control) 1.Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Electrical Engineering -60%
|K3||1.Electronics Engineering 2. Electronics Engg. (Modern Consumer Electronics Appliances) 3. Electronics Engg. (Micro Electronics) 4. Electronics Engineering(Advance Microprocessor & Interface)||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Electronics Engineering -60%
|K4||1. Mechanical Engineering (Automobile) 2. Mechanical Engineering (Production) 3. Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) 4. Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration & Air conditioning) 5. Mechanical Engineering (Computer Aided Design)||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Mechanical Engineering – 60%
Computer Science and Engineering
|Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Information technology -60%
|K6||Printing Technology||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Printing Technology -60%
|K7||Fashion Design & Garment Technology||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Fashion Design & Garment Technology -60%
|K8||Textile Technology||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Textile Technology -60%
JEECUP 2021 Syllabus
JEECUP 2021 Syllabus is split into three sections, namely Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology and Physics. The syllabus is prepared from 10th and 12th curriculum. Candidates can get the entire syllabus in this section. The syllabus of JEECUP 2021 exam for various groups are enlisted below:
- Group A: Syllabus is fabricated from class 10th subjects. Candidates are asked to learn from 10th textbooks. Topics are taken from the subjects such as Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- Group B: Topics are taken from Physics or Chemistry, Agriculture and Mathematics subjects. Group B Syllabus comprises two sections.
- Group C: Syllabus is split into three sections. Question paper is prepared according to the 10th syllabus. Topics are taken from English and Hindi Comprehension, General Awareness, Reasoning.
- Group D: Question paper is split into four sections, i.e. Hindi and English Comprehension, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and Intelligence and General Awareness. The syllabus is prepared from the 12th-grade curriculum.
- Group E: Group E syllabus covers topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology. Candidates are asked to study from 10th and 12th class textbooks.