JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern enlists all the information regarding the pattern of the question paper. With the help of the exam pattern, applying candidates can strategically plan their schedule to score well in the exam. Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnics called JEXPO is a state-level entrance exam of West Bengal administered by State Council of Technical Education, West Bengal once in a year. This exam is regulated to evaluate the candidates to offer admission into diploma courses in various polytechnic institutions situated in West Bengal. This article aims to provide all the details related to the JEXPO Exam Pattern 2021, such as question type, exam mode, marking scheme, syllabus, exam duration, etc.
JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is proposed by the authority to aid the candidates appearing for the entrance exam. This provides a clear cut idea regarding the question paper so that the appearing candidates can construct a proper plan to get qualified in the exam. The below section describes the complete exam pattern of JEXPO 2021. JEXPO Admit Card can be obtained in the 1st week of April 2021 through the online mode only. Candidates will be able to download the admit card by clicking the exam name and entering necessary details.
- The exam is directed to offer admission into Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
- The exam shall be supervised through offline mode, i.e. OMR Answer Sheet.
- The examination is planned to be organised in the last week of April 2021.
- The exam of JEXPO is split into two papers.
- Paper-1: Mathematics.
- Paper-2: Physics and Chemistry subjects.
- Questions shall be of Multiple Choice Type pattern.
- The question paper consists of a total of 100 questions.
- Mathematics (Paper-1) contains 50 MCQs.
- Physics and Chemistry (Paper-2) contains 50 MCQs, i.e. each paper contains 25 questions.
- The paper is set for a total of 100 marks wherein Mathematics carries 50 marks, Physics and Chemistry carries 25 marks, 25 marks respectively.
- The exam duration to solve the question paper is 2 hours, i.e. 120 minutes.
- The exam shall be handled in two sessions, i.e. 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon for Mathematics and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM for Physics & Chemistry.
- Candidates are allowed to use either Black or blue ballpoint pen to mark the answers.
- 1 mark is allocated for every question. 0.25 mark shall be reduced for each of the wrong answers.
The Marking scheme helps the candidates to prepare according to the weightage. The below tabulation depicts the subject-wise question and mark distribution:
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
Exam Day Instructions
Appearing candidates ought to adhere to the following instructions on the examination day:
- Candidates are not supposed to bring any graph papers, log tables, calculators or any kind of electronic gadgets to the examination hall.
- Scribbling or writing anything on the OMR answer sheet is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates are advised to be present at the exam hall 30 minutes prior to the exam commencement.
- No candidate shall be allowed to step out of the exam hall without Centre-in Charge’s consent.
- Before leaving the exam hall, candidates have to hand over the OMR answer sheet to the on-duty examiner.
JEXPO 2021 Syllabus
The JEXPO 2021 Syllabus shall be fabricated by the main West Bengal exam conducting authority. The syllabus consists of 10th class curriculum. Candidates are supposed to prepare Mathematics for the first paper and Chemistry & Physics for the second paper. All the topics listed in the syllabus must be given equal importance.