JEXPO 2021: JEXPO is a state level polytechnic examination conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education to offer admission in various polytechnic courses, i.e. engineering, pharmacy, architecture etc. in various government and private colleges/ institute. This article gives detail information about JEXPO 2021 that includes exam date, application process, eligibility criteria, pattern, syllabus and more.
JEXPO 2021 Exam Dates
Students can know details of tentative dates of JEXPO exam:
|Application form commences||1st week of January 2021|
|Deadline to submit offline (OMR)||2nd week of March 2021|
|Deadline to submit the online application form||Last week of March 2021|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2021|
|JEXPO exam date 2021||Last week of April 2021|
|Release of merit list/ result||3rd week of May 2021|
|Counselling starts||1st week of June 2021|
JEXPO 2021 Application Form
Know about JEXPO 2021 application form here:
- The application form will be available online or offline from the first week of January 2021.
- Offline mode via government-sponsored and self-financed polytechnic affiliated to WBSCTE.
- The registration process includes various steps such as filling of the application form, document uploads, payment of application fee & so on.
- Coloured passport size photograph in 4.5 x 3.5 cm size must be uploaded by candidates.
- The deadline for students to submit OMR application form is till the second week of March, and online application is till last week of March 2021.
- The offline application can be presented at the designated polytechnic location.
- Candidates must take the printout of the completed application form.
Applicants can pay the fee will be via online and offline modes. The application fee will not be refundable under any circumstances. The fee structure for JEXPO 2021:
|OMR/ offline application fee||Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for Kanyashree enrollees)|
|Online application fee||Rs. 450 (Rs. 225 for Kanyashree enrollees)|
JEXPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the JEXPO eligibility criteria before applying:
- Nationality: Must be an Indian.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be born on or before 1st July 2006. No upper age limit criteria.
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 10th standard or equivalent from any recognized university/board.
- Marks: Candidates must score at least 35% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass their 10th class with mathematics, physics and English subjects.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates in their 10th class are also eligible to apply.
JEXPO 2021 Exam Pattern
Here candidates can check JEXPO 2021 exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: Examination will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Duration: Examination will be conducted in 2 hours duration.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response, one mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Candidates can check exam pattern in the given table:
|Subjects||Number of Question|
JEXPO 2021 Syllabus
JEXPO syllabus will be from 10th standard of west Bengal board of secondary education. Some important topic from Mathematics & Physics are:
- Mathematics: Topics include Graphs, real numbers, the law of indices, coordinate geometry- distance formula, linear simultaneous equations, profit and loss, statics, a theorem on areas, polynomials, area and perimeters of triangles and quadrilateral shaped region, trigonometric ratios and trigonometric identities, a theorem on concurrence, theorem related to a circle, simple interest etc.
- Physical Science: Topics includes Atomic structure, mole concept, power and energy, sound, heat, force and motion, measurement, bases and salts, the behaviour of gases, chemical calculations, thermal phenomena, solution, periodic table and periodicity of properties of elements, organic chemistry and general awareness etc.
WB Polytechnic 2021 Preparation Tips
Preparation tips for JEXPO exam are:
- Prepare notes & revise them.
- Concentrate on weaker sections.
- Use codes to grasp content better.
- Use prescribed quality study materials.
- Focus on important topics.
- Rest well & have a healthy diet.
JEXPO 2021 Admit Card
Admit card will be available online mode from the first week of April 2021. Candidates must bring JEXPO 2021 admit card along with one valid photo ID proof. Students can download their admit card using login credentials such as application number and password & go through the details on the admit card and take a printout for future use.
JEXPO 2021 Merit List/ Result
JEXPO 2021 merit list will be released online in the third week of May 2021. No other mode of the facility will be provided to check results. Candidates must check details in rank card/ result carefully if there is any mistake, they must notify the officials. The qualified candidate will be called for the counselling. Candidates must take a printout of the result for admission procedure.
JEXPO 2021 Counselling
JEXPO counselling will be conducted online in the first week of June 2021. Candidates can opt and fill the choice of colleges as per their choice. Counselling process includes seat allotment and document verification, after which candidates will have to report to the allotted college along with allotment letter and other necessary documents.
Candidates should submit original documents for verification. In case students fail to submit required documents, will lead to cancellation of seat. Candidates must submit the following documents for verification:
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- JEXPO 2021 admit card
- Category/ caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Allotment letter
- Passport size photographs etc.