Under the National Food Security Act, the government provides a ration card to all citizens across the country. Ration cards are issued to eligible citizens to buy food grains from Public Distribution Systems are subsidized prices. The Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department issue the ration card to all citizens.
A ration card serves as an important document for citizens and acts as proof of identification. To the lower sections of society, food grains are offered by providing the Jharkhand ration card. They are the direct beneficiaries of the food security act in the country. The document also offers information on Jharkhand ration cards. This article provides detailed information on Jharkhand ration cards based on types, eligibility, documents required, etc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Jharkhand Ration Card List 2022
By visiting the official website and following the simple procedures given below, citizens can check the list of applicants who are eligible to receive ration cards:
- In the menu bar of the homepage, click on the ‘e-Services’ option.
- Select the ‘e-Ration Card’ link.
- Scroll through the ‘village list’ tab and click on it.
- From the list, select your appropriate district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, and Village details. Click on the ‘Go’ button.
In the selected village, the list of ration cards shall be displayed on the screen.
Jharkhand Ration Card Eligibility
The following ration cards and their respective eligibility conditions are tabulated below:
|AAY||Under the Antyodaya Yojana, this card is issued. It is for people who are weaker than other class of financially weaker people.|
|PHH||Families that are a part of Priority Household living in rural belts of the state are eligible for this card.|
|NPHH||Families classified under the stable annual income category, known as Non-Priority Households receive this kind of card. They are not eligible for subsidized food grains and commodities.|
|White Ration Card||People who have an annual income of more than 1 lakh receive this kind of card.|
How to Apply for Jharkhand Ration Card
In Jharkhand, Ration Cards can be applied through the website or offline methods. If citizens do not have internet access, then they can submit application forms and required documents at the respective center.
It is to be noted that online applications can be submitted as well. The steps to be followed for submission on the website are:
- Go to the official website aahar.jharkhand.gov.in
- Go to the section ‘online service’ and click on it. Select the option ‘Online Application’.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Here select the option of ‘Apply for New Ration Card’.
- On the new page, click on the ‘Proceed’ button. Enter your phone number.
- After submitting the phone number, the application shall be displayed on the screen.
- Fill out the form correctly. Click on the continue button.
- An OTP shall be sent to your registered phone number, Enter this OTP correctly in the form.
- After form submission, a reference number shall be displayed on the screen.
- Now click on ‘Save’ and ‘print’ the Document. Submit the same to the DSO office in the location nearest to you.
Documents Required for Jharkhand Ration Card
The following documents need to be supplied by the applicant to apply for an online/offline application of ration card in Jharkhand:
- Bank Passbook
- Recent passport size photo of each family member, to be further attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Electricity Bills
- House rent receipts
- Telephone bills
How to Check Jharkhand Ration Card Status Online
After the application form submission at the DSO office along with the required documents, the ration card status can be checked online. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the status in the online mode:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ option. Also, select the option of ‘Application Status’.
- Fill in the required details correctly. Details such as the application number and phone number will be required.
- Click on the tab titled ‘Check Status’. Application status shall be displayed on the screen.
How to Make any Corrections on Jharkhand Ration Card
The following steps need to be followed to make changes to Jharkhand Ration Card:
- Visit the official website – aahar.jharkahnd.gov.in.
- Select ‘Online Services’ and click on ‘Online Application’.
- This page shall display all the ration card details to you.
- Click on the button titled ‘proceed’.
- After page redirection, select the type of error and make suitable corrections.
- After changes are made, enter ‘ration card number’, and ‘registered mobile number’.
- Next, add your Aadhaar card number and click on the option of entering OTP.
- If you wish to input additional family members, enter the OTP number correctly. Fill in all the required details for the new members and then click on the ‘Send’ button.
- Take hard copies, print them out and submit the same to the nearest DSO office along with the required documents.
Note: For corrections in name, changes cannot be made in the online mode, and it can only be done by visiting the concerned DSO officer near your location.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where are the DSO offices in Jharkhand located?
All over the state of Jharkhand, DSO offices are located. To obtain the list of DSO offices, visit the official website at aahar.jharkhand.gov.in
2. How can we change the name on the ration card?
You can visit the nearest DSO office and file a request to change the name on the ration card along with supporting documents. Hence you can change the name.
3. What are the types of ration cards in Jharkhand?
Three types of ration cards in Jharkhand are – the PH Ration card, White Ration Card, and the AAY Card.
4. How many days does it take for ration cards to reach the applicants?
After application submission and document verification, it may take up to 15 days for ration cards to reach the residential address of applicants.
Ration Card Related Articles