Jio Scholarship 2021: The Reliance group has been actively offering Jio scholarships to students from class 10th till post-graduation. Jio has always strived to encourage academically bright and outstanding students and provides an opportunity for them to aim much higher. The scholarship program is open to diverse career fields like engineering and technology, management, arts, sciences and other related fields. This article gives detail information about Jio Scholarship 2021, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, rewards and benefits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Jio Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited|
|Scholarship Name||Jio Scholarship|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to Rs. 55,000/- per annum|
|Eligible Standard||10th to 12th, diploma, PG from Arts, Commerce, Science Streams|
Jio Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to qualify with these minimum eligibility conditions in order to qualify for applying to various schemes under Jio scholarship. The detailed list of eligibility conditions are as specified below:
- Based on nationality: All applicants need to be Indian citizens only.
- Based on educational qualifications: Candidates need to be studying from class 10th till post graduation.
- Only those candidates that belong to the economically weaker sections of society can apply.
Below is the tabulation of marks and their respective classes they are studying in:
|Education Level||Minimum % of Marks Required|
|Class 10||Minimum 70% in state boards, minimum 85% in central boards/ ICSE|
|Class 11||Minimum 70% in state boards, minimum 85% in central boards/ ICSE|
|Class 12||Minimum 65% in state boards, minimum 85% in central boards/ ICSE|
|Graduation||Minimum 75% marks|
|Post graduation||Minimum 75% marks|
Jio Scholarship Application Form
There are two ways of applying to Jio scholarship – OFFLINE and ONLINE methods. In this section, we discuss both methods of applying. Candidates can choose the method based on their convenience.
Online Application Process
- Visit the official website of the scholarship provider: [www.jio.com]
- Locate the section that provides you with an application form for scholarship
- Download the application form from that section.
- Enter all details in the mandatory fields.
- Check if all details entered are correct.
- Upload all relevant documents as per the requirement.
- Submit the filled in the application form.
Offline Application Process
- Candidates can visit the nearest Reliance Jio stores in their neighbourhood to obtain the application form.
- In the application form, candidates need to fill in all the details required on the scholarship form.
- Personal details, academic details, income details, contact details and other information need to be provided.
- A passport-sized photo needs to be pasted at the appropriate place in the application form.
- Carefully check all details entered in the application form.
- Attach hard copies of all relevant documents needed with the application form.
- Submit the application form at the same office for further rounds of processing.
List of Documents Required for Jio Scholarship
Whether it’s the OFFLINE or ONLINE application processing, candidates need to always keep track of the documents they submit. Candidates must ensure they attach the right documents with their application. They are required for further processing of application followed by verification rounds. The list of required documents is:
- An educational certificate providing minimum qualification
- Mark sheets of the latest examination passed
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bonafide letter from an educational institution
- Identity card issued by an educational institution
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook
- Recent passport-sized photo of the candidate
Jio Scholarship Rewards
The different rewards and benefits awarded to students as part of Jio scholarship are explained below:
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class 10||INR 35,000 per annum|
|Class 11||INR 38,000 per annum|
|Class 12||INR 45,000 per annum|
|Graduation courses||INR 52,000 per annum|
|Post graduation courses||INR 55,000 per annum|
Jio Scholarship Selection Process
After candidates send the application form in the specified timelines, they will be pooled in by the selection committee for further processing. All applications shall be screened based on different parameters. The step-wise process of application filtering and final selection is as follows:
- Applications shall be first screened for entered data and the attachments made with them.
- Based on the higher merit ranking order, applications with outstanding marks shall be placed first.
- The next criteria for selection are based on the caste/ income/ age factors.
- Next step is the verification round.
- The data entered in the applications shall be verified against the documents submitted correspondingly.
- Any written test and personality test shall be conducted thereafter [based on the discretion of the selection committee].
- After several rounds of written exam, interview, verification and further screening rounds, the final selection of candidates will be prepared.
- The list of final selected candidates shall be displayed on the website.