The prestigious Reliance group is offering Jio scholarships for helping students pursue higher education. Jio reliance communications is a global telecom giant and a big player in the Indian and international business market. It has its main operating headquarters in Mumbai, India. The reliance group has been actively offering Jio scholarships to students from class 10th till post-graduation.
Jio has always strived to encourage academically bright and outstanding students and provides an opportunity for them to aim much higher. The scholarship program is open to diverse career fields like engineering and technology, management, arts, sciences and other related fields.
This article describes Jio scholarships comprehensively. We discuss elaborate details about this scholarship with regard to eligibility criteria, important dates to cater to, the application process in detail, documents required for processing the application, scholarship selection process, important FAQs and their contact details.
Jio Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Reliance JIO Infocomm Limited (RJIL)|
|Scholarship Name||Jio Scholarship|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Eligible Standard||10th to 12th, diploma, PG from Arts, Commerce, Science Streams|
Jio Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to qualify with these minimum eligibility conditions in order to qualify for applying to various schemes under Jio scholarships. The detailed list of eligibility conditions are as specified below:
- Based on nationality: All applicants need to be Indian citizens only.
- Based on educational qualifications: Candidates need to be studying from class 10th till post graduation.
- Only those candidates that belong to the economically weaker sections of society can apply.
Below is the tabulation of marks and their respective classes they are studying in:
|Class studying in||Minimum % of marks required|
|Class 10||Minimum 70% in state boards, minimum 85% in central boards/ ICSE|
|Class 11||Minimum 70% in state boards, minimum 85% in central boards/ ICSE|
|Class 12||Minimum 65% in state boards, minimum 85% in central boards/ ICSE|
|Graduation||Minimum 75% marks|
|Post graduation||Minimum 75% marks|
Jio Scholarship – Key dates
The formal announcement regarding the onset of applications for Jio scholarships is yet to be announced on different media. Hence, the timeline with respect to various events concerned with the scholarship is tentative:
|Name of the event||Important Dates|
|Official release of application form on the website||Will update soon|
|Deadline for application registration||Will update soon|
|Dates for written test followed by an interview||Will update soon|
|Document verification round||Will update soon|
|Scholarship disbursal to begin from||Will update soon|
Jio Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
There are two ways of applying to Jio scholarships – offline and online methods. In this section, we discuss both methods of applying. Candidates can choose the method based on their convenience.
Offline method of applying to Jio Scholarships
- Candidates can visit the nearest Reliance Jio stores in their neighbourhood to obtain the application form.
- In the application form, candidates need to fill in all the details required on the scholarship form.
- Personal details, academic details, income details, contact details and other information need to be provided.
- A passport-sized photo needs to be pasted at the appropriate place in the application form.
- Carefully check all details entered in the application form.
- Attach hard copies of all relevant documents needed with the application form.
- Submit the application form at the same office for further rounds of processing.
Online application process for Jio scholarships
- Visit the official website of the scholarship provider: www.jio.com
- Locate the section that provides you with an application form for scholarship
- Download the application form from that section.
- Enter all details in the mandatory fields.
- Check if all details entered are correct.
- Upload all relevant documents as per the requirement.
- Submit the filled in the application form.
Key Documents Required For Jio Scholarship
Whether it’s the offline or online application processing, candidates need to always keep track of the documents they submit. Candidates must ensure they attach the right documents with their application. They are required for further processing of application followed by verification rounds. The list of required documents is:
- An educational certificate providing minimum qualification
- Mark sheets of the latest examination passed
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bonafide letter from an educational institution
- Identity card issued by an educational institution
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook
- Recent passport-sized photo of the candidate
Jio Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
The different rewards and benefits awarded to students as part of Jio scholarships are explained below:
|Class in which the candidate is studying in||Rewards|
|Class 10||INR 35,000 per annum|
|Class 11||INR 38,000 per annum|
|Class 12||INR 45,000 per annum|
|Graduation courses||INR 52,000 per annum|
|Post graduation courses||INR 55,000 per annum|
Jio Scholarship Selection Process
After candidates send the application forms in the specified timelines, they will be pooled in by the selection committee for further processing. All applications shall be screened based on different parameters. The step-wise process of application filtering and final selection is as follows:
- Applications shall be first screened for entered data and the attachments made with them.
- Based on the higher merit ranking order, applications with outstanding marks shall be placed first.
- The next criteria for selection are based on the caste/ income/ age factors.
- Next step is the verification round.
- The data entered in the applications shall be verified against the documents submitted correspondingly.
- Any written test and personality test shall be conducted thereafter [based on the discretion of the selection committee].
- After several rounds of written exam, interview, verification and further screening rounds, the final selection of candidates will be prepared.
- The list of final selected candidates shall be displayed on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the providing authority of Reliance Jio scholarship 2020?
Reliance JIO Infocomm is the official provider of Reliance Jio scholarships.
- What classes of students can apply to Jio scholarships?
Students studying in classes 10/ 11/ 12/ graduation/ post graduation can apply to Jio scholarships.
- What are the rewards offered by Jio scholarships?
Rewards offered by Jio scholarships include financial grants in the range between INR 35,000 to INR 55,000
- If I forgot to attach documents while submitting the application form, will my form be processed further?
No. Every application form should be mandatorily attached with relevant documents.
- How to locate my nearest Reliance Jio center?
Visit the official Jio website – www.jio.com and locate the nearest Jio store in your vicinity.
The contact information available at present for Jio scholarships is not extensive, and the only information provided is the official website: https://www.jio.com/.
Alternatively, candidates can visit nearest Reliance Jio centers in person and find out more about this scholarship.