JKCET 2021: The full form of JKCET is Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level exam conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir board of professional entrance examination in the last week of April. It offers admission in B.Tech and B.E courses etc. in various institutes of J & K. It is organized every year. Below is the detailed information on JKCET 2021 including exam dates, application form, fee structure, eligibility criteria and so on.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
JKCET 2021 Exam Dates
The table below contains important dates regarding JKCET 2021:
|Notification published||Last week of January 2021|
|Application form starts||1st week of February 2021|
|Deadline for submission of applications||Last week of March 2021|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of April 2021|
|JKCET 2021 exam date||Last week of April 2021|
|Result announcement||2nd week of May 2021|
|Counselling commences||Month of June 2021|
JKCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates are advised to read information about the JKCET 2021 application form:
- The application form will be available via online mode from the first week of February 2021.
- Candidates are required to fill in essential details regarding educational criteria, personal, address, etc.
- The deadline for submission of application form will be last week of March 2021.
- Passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format should be uploaded in JPG / JPEG format.
- Candidates must take a hard copy of the application.
- Candidates can make payment via both online.
- The candidates can make payment through debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- The application fee will be for Rs. 1200/- for all categories.
JKCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for JKCET 2021 exam candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria.
- Nationality: Must be an Indian citizen to be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Must be 17 years as on 31st December 2021; however, no upper age limit is prescribed.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 10th and 12th class or its equivalent from any recognized board.
- Marks Criteria: Must score a minimum of 50% for general category (45% marks for reserved category candidates) to be eligible.
- Subjects: Must have Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates are eligible.
JKCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through JKCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination: JKCET 2021 examination will be conducted through offline.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice questions format.
- Total Questions: Total of 60 questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
Here in the table given below contains the mark distribution:
JKCET 2021 Syllabus
JKCET 2021 syllabus will be according to 11th & 12th level syllabus. Few topics from each subject are given below:
- Chemistry: Topics on chemistry includes Chemical equilibrium, solutions, chemical kinetics, redox reactions and electrochemistry, solid-state and state of matter, periodic properties, surface chemistry, the chemistry of representative elements, etc.
- Physics: Topics on Physics are Electromagnetic waves, optics, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, optics, atoms and nuclei, electronic devises, communication system, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, etc.
- Mathematics: Chapters on Math are Matrix and determination, trigonometric and inverse trigonometry functions, limit, continuity and differentiation, vector and three-dimensional geometry, sets, relations and functions, sequence and series, etc.
JKCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the following tips & tricks mentioned below for the preparation of JKCET exam
- Make a time table and follow it.
- Organize a study group with your friends.
- Collect previous year question paper & see the trends.
- Know your syllabus and make notes accordingly.
- Get enough sleep and have a good diet.
- Don’t stress much and exercise regularly.
- Practice mock tests
JKCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of JKCET 2021 can be downloaded online from the second week of April 2021. Candidates will be able to get the admit card by logging in with their DOB & application number. Admit card is an important document containing candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre, timing, and all critical instruction without which candidates won’t be allowed to enter the exam centre. Candidates must bring one valid ID proof at the time of exam along with the admit card. Admit card won’t be sent to any candidate via post or courier.
JKCET 2021 Answer Key
JKCET 2021 Answer key will be released by the authority a few days once the exam is over via online. Candidates can assess their marks with the help of the answer key. Candidates can also raise objections if any. There will be a fee for raising an objection. Once all the objections are corrected, a final answer key will be published.
JKCET 2021 Result
JKCET 2021 Result will be available online from the second week of May 2021. Candidates can login with their credentials to check. Merit list will be released based on the scores. It will contain details such as their name, roll number, marks secured etc. Candidates will be selected as per the list. It is mandatory for candidates who are qualified to take part in the further counselling process.
JKCET 2021 Counselling
JKCET 2021 counselling will commence from the month of June 2021 via online. Qualified candidates will be called to participate in the counselling process. Candidates should bring original documents for the process of verification.
A fee of Rs 1500/- should be paid by the candidates. In case the candidates failed to submit documents for verification, they won’t be allotted seats. The documents to be submitted by the candidates at the time of counselling are given below:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Birth certificate
- Residence certificate
- JKCET 2021 admit card and result
- Photo ID proof
- Category certificate