JKPSC 2021: The full form of JKPSC is Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission. JKPSC is an authorised body to conduct Jammu and Kashmir Combined Services Competitive Exam to recruit candidates in different positions in the state of J&K every year. The commission offers various services for the benefit of its student community including selection board, training department, scientific and technical bodies etc. This article gives detail information about JKPSC 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check JKPSC KAS Exam 2021 Dates on the official website of the commission.
JKPSC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: A candidate must be the permanent citizen of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized University.
- Age Limit: Candidate should have the age of 21 years but has not crossed the age of 32 years on 1st January 2021 of the year in which the commission issues notification inviting applications.
- Age Relaxation: Below we have provided age relaxation according to category
- SC/ ST/ SEBC category – 32 years upper age limit
- Physically Disabled category – 33 years upper age limit
- Physical Standards: For Gazette Police Service
- Males: Height should be 165 cm and Chest Girth minimum 84 cm, Expansion 5 cm
- Females: Height should be 150 cm and Chest Girth minimum 79 cm, Expansion 5 cm.
- Physical Standards: For Candidates from Leh/ Kargil
- Males: Height should be 160 cm and Chest Girth minimum 79 cm, Expansion 5 cm.
- Females: Height should be 145 cm and Chest Girth minimum 74 cm, Expansion 5 cm.
JKPSC 2021 Application Process
JKPSC accepts online applications from interested candidates. Candidates should visit official website to apply. The application process is explained below:
- Visit the homepage of the official website – jkpsc.nic.in
- Click on the respective link to apply online. Register and create login details.
- Provide e-mail ID and mobile number for candidate registration. Enter other details like name, date of birth, parents name, academic details etc.
- In-consequent sections, candidates would be required to fill in more details.
- Upload necessary documents like mark sheets, ID proof, caste certificate, income certificate etc.
- Make the application fee payment using net banking, debit cards, credit cards or through e-challan.
- Review completed form, click on the submit button finally.
- Take a hard copy print of the submitted form to save for future references.
Applicants have to pay the prescribed application fee after filling up entries in the form. Reserved classes are exempt from paying the fee. Few categories receive a certain discount on the fee amount. Further details regarding fees are given below:
- General Merit – INR 1000
- Reserved classes – INR 500
- Persons with disabilities are exempt from paying exam fee.
JKPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
JKPSC conducts the competitive exam every year to recruit candidates directly to the administrative cadres, police services and account services. Each process of the exam has a different exam pattern. These details are discussed below:
- This is the first stage of the exam.
- All questions are objective-based and multiple-choice questions.
- The exam is conducted for a maximum of 450 marks.
- This is only a qualifying round.
- Question paper is set for two hours in English language.
- There is ‘No’ negative marking scheme.
|Paper-I||General Studies||2 hours||150|
- Conducted for 3 hours and language followed is English.
- Only subjective type questions.
- Out of 9 papers, 2 are not counted for merit and rests of the 7 are taken into merit consideration.
- Candidates who clear the mains round shall be called for the interview.
- Each paper in the mains exam is conducted for three hours and papers will be set in English.
|Paper I – General English (Qualifying paper)||300|
|Paper II – Essay||250|
|Paper III – General Studies-I||250|
|Paper IV – General Studies-II||250|
|Paper V – General Studies-III||250|
|Paper VI – General Studies-IV||250|
|Paper VII – Optional Paper-I||250|
|Paper VIII – Optional Paper-II||250|
Candidates who successfully clear the preliminary and mains round shall get a call for the interview round.
- Interview round tests the mental capacity of a candidate and does an assessment of his intellectual capabilities.
- Social interactions, general knowledge and interest in current affairs are also judged.
- Other parameters that are taken into account are mental alertness, clarity in thinking, logical reasoning skills, decision and judgement capabilities, moral and ethical integrity values etc.
- Candidates who fail to score minimum marks in a particular subject are ineligible for the interview round.
JKPSC 2021 Syllabus
All candidates must refer to the syllabus for their preparation. Below we have provided JKPSC Syllabus in detail
Paper I – Candidates need to focus on these important topics:
- Current affairs of regional, national and international importance.
- Indian history
- Indian and world geography
- Indian polity and administration
- Environmental science and ecological studies
- General science
- Socio-economic development of the nation.
Paper II – Candidates have to choose their optional subject.
Paper I – General English [For qualifying purposes only]
- Language comprehension
- Précis writing
- English Grammar and vocabulary
- Essay writing [ short essays]
Paper II – General Studies
- Current Affairs
- Indian polity and constitution
- Indian and world geography
- History of India
- Economic development of India
- Social and political developments in the nation
- Indian national movement
- Ethics, integrity and moral values.
- Environmental studies
- Impact of IT in today’s world
JKPSC 2021 Admit Card
Admit card is an important document which needs to carry while entering into the examination hall else the candidates will not get permitted to attempt the exam. Candidates can check the online link to download admit card few days before exam commencement. The step by step process to download the admit card is given below
- Visit the official website of JKPSC – jkpsc.nic.in
- Validate login details.
- Check for the link to download admit card.
- Provide date of birth and registration number.
- Admit card shall be displayed on the screen.
- Check for correctness of data on admit card.
- If any discrepancies are found, contact officials immediately.
- Download and print admit card.
JKPSC 2021 Selection Process
The JKPSC selection process involves three important phases – the preliminary exam followed by the mains and finally the interview round.
- Preliminary Round – This round mainly consists of objective type of questions. There are two papers for prelims. Prelims marks are only for qualifying and not counted with final scores.
- Mains Round – Students obtaining cut off marks in prelims move to the main round. All papers are subjective in nature. This process has nine papers. Out of the nine papers, seven are considered for merit, and two are only for qualifying purpose.
- Personal Interview Round – Candidates who successfully clear the main round with higher cut off marks are called in for the last round. Applicant’s communication skills, critical thinking ability, judgment and decision making skills are tested in this round.
JKPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
The following points serve as a valuable approach for JKPSC KAS Exam preparation. Candidates should focus with a lot of determination and strategic approach. Prepare with these useful tips:
- Prepare well with mock tests and previous year question papers. Practice well to understand the types of questions and paper pattern.
- Tough preparation and revision are essential for scoring good marks.
- Structure your studies and plan a strategic time table for finishing syllabus and revision within the stipulated time frame.
- Analyse the syllabus and identify your strengths and weaknesses. Focus on core topics and fundamentals to improve your learning capabilities.
- Increase problem-solving capabilities with practice and step-wise breakdown for easily arriving at the answer.
- Improve your speed and efficiency by solving exemplar problems from NCERT textbooks.
- Be strategic and confident in choosing your optional subjects. Candidates should have in-depth subject knowledge while choosing an optional.
Recommended Books for JKPSC KAS Preparation
Candidates can refer to these important books for preparation of prelims, mains and interview round. Check the list:
- General Aptitude Book for Competitive Examinations.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- General English Book for Competitive Examinations.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth.
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh.