The term Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission is referred to as JKPSC as well. It is an authorised body to conduct Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission exam to recruit candidates in different positions in the state of Jammu and Kashmir every year.
The candidates who are willing to get appointed at different areas can apply for this civil service exam. Moreover, before applying to this exam, the interested candidates must check their eligibilities else their application will get rejected.
About Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission
The chairman and the members coming under JKPSC commission are appointed by the Governor of the state for a period of 5 years or till the age reaches 65 years. It was established on 31st December 1954, as a formal recruitment organisation to conduct examinations in the state for the State Government of Jammu and Kashmir. S.L. Bhat is the current chairperson of the J&K Public Service Commission.
Besides, recruiting the candidates, this commission is also authorised to give promotion and transfer to the candidates as well as taking care of all disciplinary matters affecting a person serving under the Government of J&K.
This article has covered all the essential information required to attempt this civil service exam. The interested candidates need to read it at least twice.
Important dates of JKPSC Civil Service exam 2019
The Main examination date to attend this civil service exam would be from 23-03-2019 to 04-04-2019. The timings will be 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM. To check the other important dates, kindly check the notifications regarding dates at the official website of this commission.
Eligibility Criteria for JKPSC
- A Candidate must be a citizen of India
- The interested candidates should have a Master’s Degree level Library Science, Information Science, documentation Science, or an equivalent professional degree from India or Accredited foreign University.
- The candidates should have a Master’s Degree in Physical Education with at least 55% marks
- The candidates should have a Master’s Degree in Sports Science with at least 55% marks
- The candidates should have NET/ SLET/ SET, PhD degree by the University Grants Commission
Candidate should have the age of 21 years but has not crossed the age of 30 years on 1st January 2019 of the year in which the Commission issues notification inviting applications. Furthermore, there will be an upper age limit of 32 years in the following cases:
- Candidates should belong to Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ or Socially and Educationally Backward Classes;
- Candidates having a civil post in the State in a substantive capacity:
- Provided that the upper age limit for physically challenged or disabled candidates would be 33 years irrespective of the category to which such candidates belong.
- Provided further those candidates who have completed two years service in substantive capacity to be certified by his Head of the Department, would alone, be eligible to get the benefit of upper age limit under the clause.
To attempt this exam, the candidates should have the following physical standards:
Height should be 165 cm and Chest girth minimum 84 cm Expansion 5 cm 11.
Height should be 150 cm and Chest girth minimum 79 cm Expansion 5 cm 111.
Furthermore, the candidates come from Lehl Karail, the following physical standards will consider:
Height should be 160 cm and Chest girth minimum 79 cm Expansion 5 cm.
Height should be 145 cm and Chest girth minimum 74 cm Expansion 5 cm.
JKPSC Application form 2019
The application form is a document which needs to be filled by all candidates interested to attend this civil service exam. In this form, candidates are considered to fill all the required information accurately else their application will get rejected.
Besides, the candidates need to upload all the requested documents like mark sheets of 10th, 12th, and Bachelor and Master level, as well as others too. Also, candidates need to upload their passport size photograph and scanned signature.
In the end, candidates need to submit their application fee accordingly their categories. For general category- Application fee is Rs.1000/ and for Reserved category- Application fee is Rs.500/. For PHC candidates, there will be no application fee.
Kindly note that without getting the acknowledgement of the application fee, an application form will consider incomplete and the students will not get elected to download their Preliminary admit card.
To download the application form, the candidates need to open the official web portal of this commission. Once done, they need to sign in or log in by entering all the essential information. Thus, this would help them to download their admit cards, syllabus, results, as well as knowing about the important notifications.
JKPSC 2019 Admit card
Admit card is again an imperative document which needs to carry while entering into the examination hall else the candidates will not get permitted to attempt the exam. As stated above, the candidates need to download the admit card from the official website of this commission after login.
It should note that there will be two admit cards. One of the Preliminary admits card which will get first. In a case, a candidate doesn’t clear the preliminary civil service exam, then no admit card for the Main exam will issue. In brief, when the result of Preliminary will out, only qualified candidates will issue admit card for their Main exam.
It is suggested to all eligible candidates to get the hard copy of admit card before going towards the exam centre.
Pattern for JKPSC Exam
The exam pattern of this civil service exam needs to know thoroughly. It will give knowledge of what will come in the exams. Like other civil service exams, this will also have three stages:
1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview or Personality test
Preliminary Exam Pattern
This exam will have two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). The total marks will be 450. This exam will be a screening test only but significant to attempt. Those candidates who will not score the required percentage, can’t move towards the next level.
Again, the marks that would obtain in this exam will not get added but candidates need to score at least 33% to get themselves eligible for the Main examination. This exam will have two papers which are mentioned as follows:
- Paper I: General Studies. It will have 150 marks.
- Paper II: Optional subject (the candidates need to select one from these subjects- Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, and Zoology). This exam will have 300 marks.
There will be negative marking for wrong answers. There will be four options. For each wrong answer, one-third (0.33) of the marks will get deducted as a penalty.
In a case, a candidate attempts more than 1 answer among four, it will consider the wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be accurate and again penalty will be there.
Main Exam Pattern
The question papers that will come in this exam will be of descriptive type except one which will be qualifying nature only. The marks that would obtain in this exam will get added while declaring the final result. This exam will have the following papers:
- Paper I: General English. The total marks will be 300 marks
- Paper II: Essay in English. The total will be 150 marks
- Paper III & IV: General Studies. The total will be 300 marks for each paper.
- Papers V & VI: Optional subjects (the candidates need to select from these subjects- Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, Indian History, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, and Zoology).
This round is taken by the officers allotted by this commission to check the mental calibre of a candidate. In simple words, this round will not only access the intellectual qualities but also social traits and their interests in current affairs.
In brief, qualities like critical powers of assimilation, mental alertness, the balance of judgement, variety, and depth of interest, critical powers of assimilation, the ability for social cohesion and leadership, etc. will be judged.
Moreover, after winding up of this round, the result will declare where the marks of this round along with Main examination’s round marks will get added.
Jammu Kashmir PSC Syllabus and Result
To check out the syllabus and result of this civil service exam, the candidates need to log in at the official web portal like they would have done for downloading their application form.
Thus, when there are all details about an exam in a thorough manner, it should have become tough for the candidates to get unable to clear the exam. This article has covered all the necessary information required for Jammu Kashmir PSC civil service exam.
- The candidates need to make a timetable where they have to divide all syllabus into smaller parts that would complete in a day.
- Aspirants need to take the help of CBSE NCERT Books.
- The candidates need to take the help of previous year question papers and mock tests.
- The candidates are considered to maintain confidence throughout the exam. It would help them to crack it in the first attempt.
Good Luck! 🙂