Jnanabhumi Scholarship 2021: We are all aware that every state promotes its educational schemes via welfare programs and scholarship programs. These programs are intended to establish a platform for higher learning and to encourage students to not stop at basic education. It is a motivation offered by the government in terms of monetary help to encourage higher learning among students. A section of the population usually stays back without progressing in education. The main reason for this is the economical factors attached to them. To promote the educational growth rate amongst Andhra Pradesh students, the state has envisaged a unique digital platform for disbursal of scholarships. This platform is called the Jnanabhumi Scholarship portal. This portal offers a range of schemes that reaches out to every level of education. Various strata of society can gain benefits from these schemes. This article gives detail information about Jnanabhumi Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, application status, documents required, renewal process, rewards, and the complete list of scholarships.
Jnanabhumi Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Scholarship Name||Jnanabhumi Scholarship|
|Scholarship Amount||15,00,000 INR per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
Objectives of Jnanabhumi Portal
Some of the most important objectives of Jnanabhumi scholarship are listed below:
- Providing a one-stop digital platform for educational welfare schemes.
- Ensuring transparency in the disbursal of scholarships to the right candidates.
- Bringing about accountability in the systems monitoring the scholarship welfare programs.
- Easy tracking process of applications after their submission.
- Hassle-free renewal process for continuation of the scholarship.
List of Scholarships on Jnanabhumi Portal
- 1 List of Scholarships on Jnanabhumi Portal
- 2 Jnanabhumi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Jnanabhumi Scholarship Application Process
- 4 Jnanabhumi Scholarship Status Check
- 5 Jnanabhumi Scholarship Rewards
- 6 Jnanabhumi Scholarship Renewal Process
- 7 Jnanabhumi Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
The Jnanabhumi portal is the digital platform behind planning many scholarship schemes besides ensuring their timely and transparent disbursal to the selected candidates. The government of Andhra Pradesh offers these scholarships. Here, we present the list of scholarships pertaining to this portal.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/Minorities/ Kapu/EBC/Differently abled students
- Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ Disabled students
- YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidyanidhi Scheme
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Every scholarship presented under this portal comes with its own set of eligibility conditions. The detailed eligibility criteria are explained below in the tabular form. All candidates have to qualify for these conditions failing which their applications won’t be processed to the next level. Let’s take a look at these conditions:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/Minorities/ Kapu/EBC/Differently abled students|
|Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ Disabled students|
|YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme|
|Ambedkar Overseas Vidyanidhi Scheme|
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Application Process
It is quite interesting to note that the previous method for application to Jnanabhumi scholarships was through the AP ePASS official portal. This was done away with, and now the Jnanabhumi portal itself serves as a gateway to apply for many beneficial schemes. The detailed Jnanabhumi Scholarship application process for applying to these schemes is explained in this section:
- Visit the official website of Jnanabhumi scholarship – [jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in]
- As a new visitor, a candidate has first to register himself on the website.
- Enter the necessary registration details. Enter your academic year of study and the state where the candidate is currently studying.
- There is a separate section called the ‘pre-requirements’ section.
- Click on this section.
- Enter all your personal details, contact information, academic details.
- Enter other details asked apart from the above details.
- After correct entry of all fields, click on the proceed button.
- Click on the save button to save all details entered in the form.
- In this option, you can make any changes to the form if required.
- See the preview of the completed form.
- Optionally, you can download the previewed form and save it too.
- Take a print copy of the saved application form.
- Put the candidate signature on the application form.
- Take the signed form to the head of the department and get his seal and signature.
- Scan the signed application form and upload it back into the portal.
- Submit the application form.
Documents Required for Jnanabhumi Scholarship
For both Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarships, a set of documents should accompany the formal application. All documents need to be uploaded in the correct size, specification, and format, failing which the application may not be considered for further processing. The list of essential documents to be uploaded is provided below:
- Aadhaar number
- Recent passport size photograph of the candidate
- Exam roll number [10th standard] of the candidate
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- First page of bank passbook
- Disability certificate
- Minority certificate
- Ration card
- Previous qualifying exam mark sheets of candidate
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Status Check
All candidates who have applied for Jnanabhumi scholarship shall be curious enough to check the status of their application. Only those candidates whose profiles are shortlisted for final selection shall be offered scholarships. In this regard, candidates can follow these simple steps to check their application status:
- Visit the official website.
- Login into the website by providing correct login ID and password details.
- Click on the “Jnanabhumi Scholarship Application Status” tab.
- The current status of the application shall be displayed immediately.
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Rewards
- The Jnanabhumi portal facilitates easy disbursal of scholarships to more than 17 lakh students.
- This scholarship is given out on an annual basis to candidates.
- The scholarship is credited to the beneficiary’s account through DBT or direct benefit transfer mode.
- For Pre-Matric and Post-Matric schemes, INR 5000 is given out on an annual basis.
- For other schemes, INR 1500 shall be provided, subject to further discretion by the scholarship committee.
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Renewal Process
The Jnanabhumi scholarship shall continue to the next academic session of the candidate. For this to happen, the candidates need to submit renewal application forms every year within the stipulated deadline. In this regard, some of the most important points to note for renewal are listed below:
- Candidates must log into the official website.
- They must fill in all the details in the renewal application form.
- Candidates should provide the admission date corresponding to the current year of admission, roll number. Also, the hall ticket number of the previous year shall be provided.
- Check for correctness of data entered in the renewal application form.
- Upload necessary documents, if any.
- Submit the renewal form.
- Candidates shall receive an SMS confirmation regarding the successful renewal of their scholarship.
Jnanabhumi Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. How do the candidates receive information about their selection for the scholarship?
Answer: An SMS update shall be sent to the selected candidates if their scholarship has been approved.
2. How are candidates selected for this scholarship?
Answer: Candidates shall be screened based on the eligibility requirements provided. Secondly, a merit list shall be prepared, keeping in mind, higher priorities to low-income groups.
3. How many children from the same family can apply?
Answer: Only two children from a single family are allowed to apply for this scholarship.
4. What is the minimum % of marks to be scored by the candidate in the last qualifying exam?
Answer: At least 50% of marks in the last qualifying exam are a must.
5. Are there any specific reservations for girls in this scholarship scheme?
Answer: Around 30% of the scholarships are exclusively reserved for girls.
The data pertaining to these scholarships is huge and voluminous. Candidates who have difficulty in understanding the scholarship or want to clear doubts can contact these details:
Email: [email protected]
Helpline Numbers: 08645-274025, 08645-274029