JNU Admission 2021: From the month of March 2021, the admission process for JNU is all set to begin!! The JNU admission exam is popularly called the JNUEE or JNU entrance exam. It is a university level entrance exam and offers UG and PG programs in various streams like law, engineering, science, humanities etc. For students interested to apply for the Biotechnology program, a separate exam called JNU CEEB shall be conducted. The complete details regarding JNU admission 2021, prerequisites, date and other information is discussed in detail in this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
JNU Admission 2021 Exam Dates
The following tables explain the JNU Exam dates and events of JNU admission process:
For JNUEE Exam:
|Commencement of application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Deadline to submit application form||4th week of March 2021|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2021|
|JNUEE 2021 exam date||2nd week of May 2021|
|Declaration of results||4th week of May 2021|
|Viva voice [ only for shortlisted candidates]||June 2021|
|Merit list publication for non-viva voice courses||July 2021|
|Merit list publication for viva voice courses||July 2021|
|Selection of candidates for admission||3rd to 4th week of August 2021|
|Fee submission deadline||4th week of August 2021|
|Registration for waiting list||4th week of August 2021|
|Deadline for admission formalities||2nd week of September 2021|
For JNU MBA Admissions:
|Commencement of application process||3rd week of January 2021|
|Deadline for application form submission||1st week of March 2021|
|Viva-voice/ Interview for shortlisted candidates||3rd week of April 2021|
|Result announcement||4th week of April 2021|
|Seat booking procedures||3rd week of May 2021|
|Closure of seat booking process||1st week of May 2021|
|Publication of second list||2nd week of May 2021|
|Confirmation of seat booking||2nd week of May 2021|
|Final closure of seat booking process||3rd week of May 2021|
JNU Admission 2021 Application Form
The detailed application form procedures and relevant application fee details are explained below:
- From the month of March 2021, the JNU admission process shall commence in the online mode.
- The application process shall continue till the last week of March 2021.
- During application formalities, candidates need to mandatorily upload their passport sized photos and scanned signatures in specified formats.
- Candidates need to furnish their working e-mail ID and contact number for reference.
- Application correction window is allowed to modify certain fields in the submitted application form.
- Candidates are advised to save a submitted copy of the application form for future references.
Candidates can remit the application fee in both online as well as offline modes. Online payment can be done via net banking or debit card/ credit card usage. Offline payment can be made through bank challan method. The category wise fees for various courses are explained below:
For Mphil/ M.Tech/M.Sc and MA Programs:
|For General/ OBC||For SC/ST/Pwd||For BPL categories|
|INR 530||INR 310||INR 110|
|INR 800||INR 415||INR 215|
|INR 1000||INR 500||INR 300|
For B.A (Honours) and other part time courses:
|For General/ OBC||For SC/ST/Pwd||For BPL categories|
|INR 400||INR 265||INR 65|
|INR 575||INR 325||INR 125|
|INR 750||INR 380||INR 180|
JNU Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All applicants need to be aware of these conditions before making an application:
- Both Indians and foreign nationals can apply.
- Candidates must be minimum of 17 years of age to apply for admissions at JNU. For applying to the examination, there is no age criteria specified.
For UG Courses:
- BA (Hons.) 1st year – Candidate must have completed class 12th from a recognised board with minimum 45% score. Candidates appearing for final exams in 2021 can also apply.
- BA (Hons.) 2nd year – Candidate must have qualified 1st year of bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% marks from a recognised board/ university. Candidates must possess sufficient proficiency in the language opted.
For PG Courses:
- For MCA – Candidates must have qualified in class 12th or attained a Bachelor’s degree in B.Tech or BCA from a recognised board/university with Maths as a compulsory subject and minimum 55% marks in the exam.
- For MA – Candidates must have completed Bachelor’s degree in any stream in the pattern 10+2+3 with minimum 55% score in the qualifying exam.
- For M.Tech in Statistical Computing – Candidates must have completed master’s degree or engineering in any branch or MCA from a recognised board/university. In master’s degree, candidates must have studied Mathematics, computer science, statistics, optional research and other science subjects of study. Candidates must have attained at least 55% in the qualifying exam.
JNU Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check these points regarding exam pattern:
- For BA (Honours) 1st year in Foreign language: Exam will be conducted in the online CBT mode. Paper shall be set in English language and shall consist only of MCQs.
- For BA (Hons.) 2nd year in a foreign language: Paper shall consist of MCQs and set in the respective foreign language only.
- For MA Economics programme: Question paper shall consist of two parts A and B and only MCQs.
- For M.Tech in Statistical Computing and Computer Science and Technology: Paper shall consist of 100 MCQs. Every right answer will be awarded 1 mark, and wrong answers shall lead to a deduction of 0.25 marks.
JNU Admission 2021 Syllabus
Based on the course opted by the candidate, the syllabus shall vary accordingly.
- For UG courses, syllabus shall be mainly based on 11th and 12th level subjects.
- For PG courses, syllabus shall be mainly based on graduation level subjects.
- The information brochure contains detailed guidelines regarding the syllabus.
JNU Admission 2021 Preparation Tips
The following preparation tips shall prove to be very useful to every candidate:
- Prepare a strategic time schedule and follow the routine without fail.
- Prepare handwritten notes for detailed study and short notes for revision.
- Stick to the syllabus and cover every topic given in it.
- Find good and recommended books for preparation.
- Sample papers and mock tests are a must to assess your knowledge.
- Do not hesitate to talk to peers and solve your doubts and weaker areas.
- Solve plenty of numerical through exemplar and practice problems.
JNU Admission 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for JNU admission entrance test 2021 shall be released in the online mode around the third week of April 2021. Candidates need to enter their application number and password to download their admit card. Candidates shall not receive admit cards in any other mode. Admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam hall. Without the document, candidates cannot appear for the exam. It contains various details like candidate name, registration number, exam timings, venue and centre address along with important instructions to follow. Along with admit card, candidates need to carry valid ID proof too.
JNU Admission 2021 Answer Key
The JNU answer key shall be released in the online mode. It shall contain the correct answers of all questions in the exam paper. Candidates can guess their probable marks with the help of answer keys. Using login credentials, candidates would be able to download answer keys.
JNU Admission 2021 Result
JNU result shall be released in the online mode. Candidates need to enter their application number and date of birth to check results. In the month of June 2021, candidates can expect their results. Result sheet shall contain valid information like name, roll number, subject-wise marks, aggregate marks, percentage and final result. Shortlisted candidates can register themselves for further admission process.
JNU Admission 2021 Cut off
Candidates need to score the minimum cut off marks to qualify for further rounds in admission. JNU cut off scores for the year 2021 shall be released in the online mode. For various programs and categories, the cut off marks shall be released separately. The cut off marks depends on a number of factors like the number of candidates appearing in the exam, marks scored by candidates, toughness level of the exam, previous year cut off range etc. The counselling session shall be called in for students who clear the exam with the prescribed cut off limits.
JNU Admission 2021 Counselling
In the month of July 2021, the counselling session for admission shall be conducted. Based on the merit list, candidates need first to register themselves for counselling. For verification and submission, candidates need to produce valid original and photo-laden documents only. All qualified candidates need to register themselves for the admission process mandatorily. Admission and seat allocation shall be confirmed after the completion of counselling round.