The department of Minority welfare of the state government of Kerala offers various useful schemes to minorities. The most popular ones among them are ITC fee reimbursement schemes, civil service fee reimbursement schemes, Urdu scholarship schemes, Professor Joseph Mundassery scholarship etc.
The minority welfare scholarships offer different benefits. They are of different types like merit cum means scholarship, financial grants, tuition fee waivers, book allowances, reimbursement of course fee and many more.
This article deals with Prof. Joseph Mundassery scholarship in greater detail. We discuss beneficial aspects about this scholarship, including the important dates, eligibility criteria, detailed application process, documents required, rewards offered, important FAQs and their contact details.
The start date of application is usually in the month of December. The last date to apply usually extends up to the first week of January.
Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||State government of Kerala|
|Scholarship Name||Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship|
|Scholarship Amount||15,000 INR (Max)|
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship are very simple and straight forward. The main goal of this scholarship is to enable students to get easy access to the scholarship amount for pursuing studies without any difficulty. The list of eligibility criteria are explained below:
- Candidate should be from the minority community only, namely Muslims/ Christians/ Jains/ Buddhists/ Parsis and Sikhs.
- Candidate should be studying in institutions that are government recognized only.
- An annual income of parents should be less than INR 8 lakhs.
- Candidate should compulsorily be Kerala domiciled. Other state students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria before going ahead to apply for them. In case a candidate is found to be not complying with the conditions, then his application may be rejected. Also, candidates should be careful about applying within the deadline. The link to apply online gets deactivated soon after the deadline is crossed.
Simple steps to apply for Joseph Mundassery scholarship are explained below:
- Visit the homepage of the portal – dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in
- From the drop-down menu providing a list of scholarships, select “Joseph Mundassery scholarship.”
- Read through the guidelines and instructions before applying.
- On the right-hand panel, click on the tab indicating “ Apply online.”
- Create a login ID and password as per formal registration norms with the website.
- In the application form, enter personal details, educational details, income details, bank details and any other important details asked for.
- Later, read through all important terms and conditions applicable for this scholarship.
- Upload recent passport size photo, the signature of candidate and other important scanned documents.
- Check all details entered thoroughly.
- Submit the application form.
Key Documents Required For Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
The list of documents to be produced for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship is given below. Candidates have to note that, before they start filling in the application form, they have to keep all documents in place and then begin. Candidates should note that they shouldn’t let the session expire because of failure on their part to upload documents at the right time. Also, candidates should scan and upload them in the right format and size only.
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheets
- Previous exam mark sheets of students
- Institution letter [ Bonafide letter from educational institution]
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Minority certificate
- Disability certificate [ if any]
- Aadhaar card
- Bank details
- Proof of residence
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Rewards & Benefits
The Joseph Mundassery scholarship encourages meritoriously bright candidates to aim higher in studies without facing financial hurdles. This scholarship provides excellent rewards to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The specific grants awarded are explained below:
- For undergraduate students who have scored more than 80% will receive a financial grant of INR 15,000
- For postgraduate students who have secured more than 75% shall receive a financial grant of INR 15,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it mandatory to submit a hard copy of application form along with online submission?
Yes. Candidates need to take hard copy print out of submitted application form, attach all relevant documents and submit the same to an educational institution without fail.
- Can I rectify faulty details entered in the application form?
Yes, there is a provision to change faulty details in the application form after submission too. Candidates can check with their institutes who will verify details and help students to correct them.
- Is it mandatory for my institution to register on the website if candidates wish to apply for scholarships?
Yes, respective educational institutions should register with the website. If not, institutions should first register their names, and then candidates can apply for scholarships.
- Is it useful for me to remember the registration ID and password?
For all purposes concerned with the application, students shall need the formal registration ID and password.
- How to check the status of my submitted application?
Candidates can check the status of their submitted applications by logging into the website. Then they can check the list titled” Registered students list” and accordingly check out the status of their application.
For further queries and doubts, candidates may feel free to contact the concerned authorities on the following details:
Address: The supervisor, directorate of minority welfare department, 4th floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
Contact number: 0471 – 2300524
E-mail address: email@example.com