JPSC Exam 2022: JPSC (Jharkhand Public Service Commission), conducts the Civil Services examination for recruitment to various vacant government administrative positions in the state of Jharkhand. JPSC notification will be released in the month of February 2022. This article gives detail information about JPSC 2022 that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, vacancies and more.
JPSC 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||JPSC CSE|
|Conducting Body||Jharkhand Public Service Commission|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Vacancies||To be announced|
JPSC 2022 Exam Dates
Here we present the various important dates that a candidate should keep track of to apply within the deadline for the exam.
|Official Notification||February 2022|
|Availability of Application form||February 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||March 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||April 2022|
|JPSC Prelims Exam||May 2022|
JPSC 2022 Application Form
Candidates aspiring to join the administrative services of the state of Jharkhand should apply for the JPSC 2022 by filling in the online application form. The application form for download is available on the official website. Candidates have to fill in all the required details in the application form without any error. Contact details of the candidates have to be filled carefully because the commission will communicate all further details via the provided contact information. Below we have provided step by step process to fill JPSC 2022 Application form.
- Visit the official website of JPSC – [jpsc.gov.in]
- Click on the homepage
- On the left panel, click on the ‘Online Application’ tab.
- From the list of application forms, select the form for state civil services examination.
- Before applying for the exam, a candidate has to register himself on the website to login.
- After successful registration and login, enter all details correctly in the first part of the form.
- Verify details for correctness and hit the submit button.
- You will be provided with a registration number that has to be preserved by the candidate.
- Enter the second part of the application form.
- Upload scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and candidate’s signature.
- Remit the appropriate application fee specified.
- A registration slip in the form of acknowledgement will be generated on the website for the candidate’s reference.
Application fee for the online application can be made in two modes – online and offline. For online mode, fees to be paid via internet banking/credit card/debit card facilities of recognized banks. For offline mode, fees to be paid in any of the recognized State Bank of India bank branches. A challan will be issued an acknowledgement for a fee paid. Challan number to be entered in the application form.
Payment to be made only after the completion of one full working day, after 12 PM. Candidates should note that they need to make the correct fee payment. Fewer fees paid will lead to cancellation of their candidature. The excess fee paid cannot be reimbursed by the commission whatsoever.
|General Category Candidates||INR 600 + Bank Charges|
|OBC Candidates||INR 600 + Bank Charges|
|SC/ST Candidates||INR 600 + Bank Charges|
|Candidates from other states||INR 150 + Bank Charges|
JPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Below we have provided the JPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria in detail. If candidates do not satisfy particular eligibility conditions, then their candidature may be disqualified.
- Nationality: Citizens of India are eligible to apply for the JPSC Civil Service Exam. Interstate candidates can apply for the examination, too, subject to conditions.
- Qualification: Graduation from a recognized university of India is the minimum educational qualification required. Any other qualification equivalent to three years degree from recognized Indian university is also permitted.
- Age Criteria: The minimum age criteria when it comes to Jharkhand Police Service is 20 years. For other services like Jharkhand Finance Service and Jharkhand Labour Service, the minimum age criteria are 21 years.
|Category||JPSC Age Limit|
|Backward Class I and II||37 years|
|SC/ST (Males and Female)||40 years|
|Women (General / Backward)||38 years|
JPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The JPSC Examination consists of three rounds, i.e.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
Preliminary Examination Pattern
- The preliminary examination is mostly objective type based.
- This exam is only for qualifying purposes, marks scored in the prelims will not be considered for final ranking.
- Questions in the prelims will have multiple choices of answers.
|Paper I||General Studies – I||100||2 Hours|
|Paper II||General Studies – II||100||2 Hours|
Main Examination Pattern
- Candidates who gain qualifying marks in the prelims will be called to attempt the mains exam.
- Such candidates have to fill in an application form for the mains and later appear for the exam.
- Marks scored in the main exam will be considered for eligibility for the next round.
- Marks will also be considered for final rank allocation.
- The main exam consists of a total of 6 papers. Each paper duration is 3 hours, and the total marks of the exam are 1050 marks.
|Paper Number and Subject||Total Marks|
|Paper-I General English and Hindi||100 marks|
|Paper-II Language and Literature||150 marks|
|Paper-III History and Geography||200 marks|
|Paper-IV Indian Constitution, Administration, and Reforms||200 marks|
|Paper-V Indian Economy, Globalization and Sustainable Development||200 marks|
|Paper-VI GS, Envt. & Technology Development||200 marks|
- After successful completion of the main round of examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the interview round.
- Candidates score in the mains exam plus interview will decide the final ranking of the candidate.
- The personality test round is conducted for a total of 200 marks only.
- The personality test round is conducted to assess the various personality traits of the prospective candidate and his suitability for the position of future roles in administration cadres if he gets selected.
JPSC 2022 Syllabus
JPSC Prelims Exam consists of two different paper, i.e. General Studies & Jharkhand Specific General Studies. Below we have provided JPSC 2022 Syllabus in detail.
General Studies Paper
- Indian History – Ancient India; Medieval India; Modern India
- Indian Geography – General and Physical Geography; Economic
- Indian Politics and Governance – Constitution of India; Public Administration and decentralization
- Economic and Sustainable Development – Basic Features; Sustainable Development and Economic issues
- General Science – Science and Technology
- National and International Current Events
- Jharkhand Specific Questions – General Awareness (History, Society, Culture, and heritage)
General Studies Paper-II (Jharkhand Specific)
- History of Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Movement
- Specific Identity of Jharkhand
- Jharkhand: Literature and Literary Person
- Jharkhand: Major Educational Institutions
- Jharkhand: Sports
- Jharkhand: land-related Laws/Acts
- Jharkhand: Industries and Resources
- Jharkhand: Disaster Management
JPSC 2022 Admit Card
The notification about the link to download the admit card will appear on the JPSC official website. Candidates have to check for updates from time to time. The admit card for the examination must be compulsorily carried by the candidate, failing which he may not be allowed to take up the exam. Candidates are advised to check all details in the admit card against their personal data like name, address, registration number, etc. The admit card also displays the exam centre/ venue and the complete address of the exam center. Step by step process to download JPSC 2022 Admit Card is given below:
- Visit the official website of JPSC – [jpsc.gov.in]
- Click on the notification that allows the download of admit card.
- Enter the following details correctly – Registration number, date of birth, and captcha code.
- Click on the download tab to get the admit card.
- Save a copy of the same and get a print outdone.
JPSC 2022 Cut off
The minimum marks that are set as a benchmark based on which candidates will be assessed are called the cut off marks. In JPSC, the cut off marks depend on a number of factors like the number of candidates applied, the number of seats available, the number of posts to be filled, etc. According to statistics over the years, the following may be considered as the cut off marks, yet this not the final count:
|Backward Classes I||594|
|Backward Classes II||621|
JPSC 2022 Result
Step by step process to check JPSC 2022 Result is given below
- Visit the official website of JPSC Civil Service Exam
- On the homepage, scroll to the link that will display the results of the exam.
- Enter relevant roll number, date of birth, and captcha code.
- The mark sheet of the candidate will be displayed.
- Candidates can save a copy as PDF/ print the mark sheet.
- In case of any discrepancies, they can contact the examination section of the commission.
JPSC 2022 Preparation Tips
- Keep track of the revised syllabus. From the last few years, the syllabus has been updated, and candidates must stay abreast of the latest one.
- Minimum of six months preparation is mandatory to crack the exam easily.
- Having reasonable elementary knowledge with the details about each topic will suffice.
- A good collection of notes is essential to crack the exam easily.
- Refer to NCERT textbooks thoroughly.
- Good coverage is given to current affairs at all levels of the exam; spend a minimum of 1 hour per day studying current affairs.
Reference Books for JPSC 2022
- For General Studies and Knowledge on Current Affairs, students can refer to any of the competitive series books like Yojana or Kurukshetra magazine.
- Refer to Malayala Manorama for extensive coverage on several important topics.
- Read at least two newspapers like the Hindu / Press Information Bureau.
- NCERT books of 11th and 12th standard a must.
- Modern History by Bipin Chandra
- Geography by Majid Hussain
- Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth.
- India Yearbook is also a good reference book.